• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica, tolerance withdrawal/stopping long term lyrica use

thefan66

Greenlighter
I think i have been on the drug for maybe more then 8 years for panic disorder/anxiety , and it has helped me alot for these conditions . Dose 750mg a day. Anyway now i have come into the conclusion that i may be in tolerance withdrawal of the drug. Something is really terribly wrong on how i feel. Shakes almost all the time, sweating and panic attacks/anxiety attacks. First during the months of october -> now i did not have the panic attacks, just some increased sweating, then fastforward to december, and the panic attacks trembling, and intense sweating (hot/cold) started to happen, and sleep has also gone worse lately.

Im only regularly taking this and 7,5mg of mirtazapine. I am kind of thinking that could i be in tolenrace withdrawal of lyrica and if i want to get off the drug, what other drugs could i take to get there? I have been reading about 10% cuts , so propably going that route , in 1-2 week holding periods. I guess the proper way to investigate if im in tolerance wd, is to take a couple extra pills, to see if the symptoms disappear. In any case i don't feel its helping, because im feeling like shit, mania like racing thoughts all the time.....

So to get off the drug, what could i take to help me get off it, and get some sleep aswell? I have been thinking of a few possibilities, to help atleast some, let me know what you guys think.

The constant physical restlessness is the main problem.....

1. Depakote, i have heard it is being used to some mania type symptoms, and even panic disorder, so maybe it would slow me down abit? Should function a little bit differently then lyrica im taking, gaba-t agonist or something similar.
2. Clonidine
3. Some old antipsychotic in small doses, i atleast have some truxal with me, even though i have never had any psychosis or anything of the sort, i mean it would propably chill me out a bit, i read somewhere that its being used sometimes on small doses in benzo withdrawal , so http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-197487.html

I would really not wish to use benzos, well maybe for a couple of days at some points, but not like everyday or anything.

Last edited:
Can you handle weed? I was on Lyrica for almost 3 years including the 4 month taper. My highest normal dose was 300mg and even though I'm a long term daily weed user, it and Benadryl allowed me to sleep decently every night, mirtazapine and weed works even better.

I don't know. I have never used weed. I know a friend, of whom i could get it, and even different brands, but im really worrying it will make my panic worse. I suppose some brands with high CBD, low THC could be helpful, but since i have panic attacks, i dont know. I think im in tolerance withdrawal, since i just took extra 75mg, and the problems mentioned earlier disappeared.......

Ya it sounds like you're running on the tolerance treadmill. At that high of a regular dose, it's probably time to try something new.

I definitely think cannabis will be good if you tolerate it. I know you don't want to use benzos, but clonazepam might be a good short term aid for quitting the lyrica.

What all have you tried using for your anxiety?

I don't know. I have never used weed. I know a friend, of whom i could get it, and even different brands, but im really worrying it will make my panic worse. I suppose some brands with high CBD, low THC could be helpful, but since i have panic attacks, i dont know. I think im in tolerance withdrawal, since i just took extra 75mg, and the problems mentioned earlier disappeared.......

Yeah since you haven't used weed before and have anxiety issues it would probably cause you more problems than it would help.

I think it would be best to wean yourself off, if you want to stop using lyrica. Eight years is a long time, plus your dosage is pretty high. You mentioned clonidine and that might help mitigate some of your shakiness, sweating and help you sleep. Can you ask your doctor if they can recommend something else and help you with a plan?