• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lyrica diminishes opiate potency?

delphinen

Bluelighter
First of all, I tried to make a post in the thread "The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0" but it is closed.
So I opened a thread here; followed instructions of others members to get the most of my codeine (Clonidine+Diphenhydramine+Lorazepam+Carisoprodol), yet the 200mg of Pregabalin I took in the morning seems to overwhelm the effects of Codeine....
I read some Pregabalin is good to mix with opiates but for me it's like it nulls the effect... could someone tell me why this happens? I'm interested both for my high and also because I'm studying neurology.

Thanks in advance.

Clonodine to potent opiates? um, ok. I don't think clonodine enhances the effects of opiates... but it's a good aid for opiate withdrawal.

I've actually never had Lyrica (pregabalin).. But have lots of experience with it's younger brother Neurontin (Gabapentin), and to me Gabapentin is a great drug to potentiate both opiates and benzos.

I tried 3 pills of Clonidine and ended up nodding like I would be on some high dose of an Antipsychotic. It was ... nice, but I had to FIGHT the effect to do things; thankfully, I had some Modafinil, but even 3 pills made me stay super sedated, so I did make my bed, clean the mess of pills, tried to read a book, and slept okay.