• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica + Benzos = Increased Potency & LONGER Duration

K'd-OUT-in-AZ

Bluelighter
Just to let you know something, I take 600mg of Lyrica and it does mot produce any effects,I could take 3 grams and barely feel anything.

I haven't taken benzodiazepines in 5 months after an 11 year addiction (prescribed up to 8mh clonazepam/60mg Temazepam) but got a hold of a bunch of 10mg Valium and some 1mg Xanax. I take my Lyrica in the morning, thought nothing of it and take 30mg Diazepam. Can you believe how low a dose that is but my tolerance was very low. Anyway, I feel very sedated, uncoordinated, blurriness, stumbling around with my head hanging and red eyes almost like I took an opiates. Even with no tolerance 30mg wouldn't do this. Valium isn't potent but if I were to compare I'd say it was x3 more potent.

Not only did the Lyrica seem to increase the effects significantly, iy also greatly increased duration! FOR ME Valium lasts anywhere from 3-5 hours and there are some lingering effects afterward. Well, I took the Valium at 9am and I felt felt them all day until I went to bed at 12pm. Not that the entire time I was feeling the "initial effects" but certainly drowsy, staggering, modding off and feeling fucked up before I sleep.

I experimented with 2mg of Xanax also and same thing, triple potency, or possibly as little as x2-x2.5 more potent AT THE LEAST. As for duration, it lasted a solid 8 hours! The peak of the Xanax lasted the same shorter period but you still felt the noddy, loose, sedative effects, Imagine Xanax...8 hhours, Valium...24 hours+

Like I said, I don't feel the tolerance but the dose could ave something to do with it. 600mg is the max dose. But for those with tolerances of over 450mg (maybe 300mg) with Lyrica (daily) you may want to give this a try,. But be careful, as you are mixing two CNS depressants so it can be dangerous for those without a tolerance k, gotta go, I took60mh Vakum (good nuff dose 4 me nowO and 600mg Lyrica, I'm really fucked up, falling asleep while typing this with my head down and eyes direct on buttons because its all blurry and can't see. I'll probably fall asleep on typing board. I hope my girlfriend Riley doesn't get mad.

Bottom line. 300mg of Lyrica or more + benzodiazepines = loNger duration/increased effect (and for some greater peak)

what if one has no tolerance to lyrica? like i can easily get it. would taking that then benzos timed right be like diphen+opiates in the synergistic sense?

If you had no tolerance it depends on how much you take. If you were to take 200-300mg then you'd notice an increase in the benzodiazepine you took and it would last longer. If you were to take over 300mg then the effects of the Lyrica would probably just take over.

Sounds like Lyrica is a pretty good potentiator.

So are you taking the Valium on a dialy basis I would assume then? If so, do you notice any tolerance effects building?

I also notice that Lyrica potentiates Phenibut. I have a tolerance to Lyrica as well after being on it for over 4 years on and off.

So do would Lyrica/Pregabalin potentiate Restoril/Temazepam like it does Xanax/Alprazolam, Valium/Diazepam and Xanax/Alprazolam?

I don't have much tolerance to Temazepam: five 30mg caps will get me feeling really good with no danger other than the munchies, although under no circumstances would I do something stupid like driving or operating heavy machinery.

What kind of impact would, say, 300-900mg of Pregabalin, on a temazepam high at doses of 60-300mg temazepam?

I do have a bit of a tolerance to Lyrica, so keep than in mind. I'm not interested on killing mye

If none or some of this just makes no sense, please shoot me a pm as I'm a little out of i t

Hey toothpastedog, I know this thread is 4 years old, but relevant none the less. The Lyrica is what potentiates the benzodiazepine, or similar drug. First, figure out a good dose. IMO, 300-900mg's is to wide a dosage. You don't want or need to be plastered on Lyrica to get a nice, safe effect. For me, I would need 600mg, staggered at 150mg/hour. Get to a nice dose of Lyrica, wait an hour, more or less and dose a lower, safer dose of Temazepam. Neither of us know exactly how it will effect you. You can always increase your dose the next time. Again 60=300mg is a broad dosing range. I would dose the Temazepam way closer to the 60mg amount, especially if you never did this before. Be safe. Speed King

I know this thread is really old....so....if anyone can even get back to me here is my thing.....I have been taking Lyrica for pain for barely a month. I went from 75 to 225 in that short time. I also have been on Valium at a low dose for years. SO, that being said, I am trying to get that Lyrica high. I barely take my Valium but get it filled just in case I need it in the future. So how do I get the Lyrica high after just a few short weeks and the dose being upped so quickly? (Obviously I took too many to try to feel that euphoric high) I took one 2mg Valium last night for sleep and haven't taken Lyrica since yesterday at like 6pm. It's 3pm the next day. Also, forgive me as I am new to this site and this is my first reply. I literally just signed up. Thanks.

Im not sure what else to tell you empty54 except you just need to find your sweetspot. Its trial and error really. Lyrica is pretty safe but not without risks so titrate slowly until you find it.

Lyrica is the ultimate potentiator of any downer drug. I can feel high off 1 pill of opiate or benzo just combining it with lyrica save soo much money and tolerance

Empty54, for me the magic pregabolin dose is 450mg.

The tricky part is it seems to loose it's magic very quickly.
Also for me there is definitely cross tolerance between diazepam and pregabolin.

For the pregabolin to work I need to have had a break from both diazepam and pregabolin of at least one week, longer the better.