• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Lying to get paid for clinical trial.

First of all, I have read these comments, and for those of you that say there isn't any money to be made...well, you haven't done any research. I have been doing studies for over 10 years. that being said, I Have done studies ranging from $3000 upwards of $8000 plus and for those of you that haven't heard of direct deposit, they do offer it, by which you might only wait 3-4 days after completion to get paid, in some cases at the beginning of the study, you simply request the check (if offered) on your final day, you may get it, or it may not be offered , but you're assured not to if you don't ask. I have done in patient and out and those of you that are interested in these studies, well do your homework there are plenty of websites to get you started, I am not sure I can list them here, so I guess ask me! I made in just 1 year $47,350 that's better than most regular jobs, so...you should decide for yourself and try to get into one. Just my advice!
Moving on, if you are NOT qualified for 1 study you will NOT be "fucked" they will generally send you to the recruitment again to check for another one. Drugs like MaryJ coke etc...will get you blacklisted with that company, but there are even studies for that specifically, I will say that there isn't any guarantee you will get into a study, they tell you that up front, but you can't get in, or get paid if you don't try! i usually try to get into the studies that are inpatient but, if I can't I find a shelter to stay in which is FREE for the days I will be out of the facility, this way you dont have to spend money during the study. As for smoking, well 99.9% of the time they take your word for it, when you say you dont smoke, there was only 1 time that they tested for it and I was disqualified for that study as I was smoking, but was told by the doctor there, that they almost never check for it, but some drug companies, will stand there and watch the tests be administered, but its very very rare! As far as lying well, ethical or not small white lies will not affect the results. for the one user here, who stated he signed up for a study place and never received any corespondence, you have to keep up with the studies, via phone or website, and as you havent done a study with them as of yet, you will need to put the work in for studies that you may qualify for, they have 1000s of people wanting to do studies, they cant call them all. As for the basics of studies, you dont have to be taking a medication to do them, they do offer healthy patient studies, and others you have to have a specific health issue, and or be taking meds for it. Most studies are what is refered to as double blind, which means 1/2 the test group gets the drug, and 1/2 get a sugar pill, you may not get the drug at all, and get paid the same as someone who does, there are side effects, but when you go in for your screening you are made aware of all the known ones, and can opt out if you dont feel comfortable. And in the case, of someone becoming ill from a medication being tested, the drug company pays for the hospital stay or treatment til you are well again, allthough I havent ever seen anyone have this problem. If you cant stand the sight of blood, or needles or cant follow the dietary restriction set in place by the drug company then clinical trials arent for you. in closing DO THE WORK AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!

I should have been more clear in my original post. I do have depression its just that I am not currently on an ssri because they dont work for me. I plan on taking the medication offered in the study. I cant pass a drug test because of weed but I would be curios to know if they will test me for the effexor but I somehow doubt it. I dont see how I would fuck up the study. I am probably going to go in for the initial interview see what they have to say and go from there. I doubt I am going to do it honestly but I think it will be interesting to see what they have to offer.

Look what happened to those poor bastards in Paris...Can't sperm donatine pay? or is that a no no.