• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Luvox CR VS Effexor XR VS Prestiq VS Lexapro VS Strattera

betterdays4all

Greenlighter
ADHD combined type with major depression and anxiety, can't study at all and use to be on Lexapro until my psych said I was hypomanic and gave me lithium carbonate to get off lexapro ssri withdrawals. Which one of these antidepressants would be better to pair with my adderall and dexedrine adhd medication? studying for the bar exam and need to get this right fml

Strattera (atomoxetine) is not an antidepressant.

It would be difficult to offer advice without additional information...

What other antidepressants have you tried in the past? Were any of them effective? Any other side-effects?
Do you have trouble sleeping? Any other health problems?
Will you continue to take lithium, or is is just until you get off Lexapro? Evidence indicates that mood stabilizers block antidepressant-induced maina, so it might not matter which antidepressant you take if you stay on lithium.
You say you still can't study despite taking amphetamine -- did any medication help previously? Is this an existing problem or a new issue due to hypomania, depression, or anxiety? Does your psychiatrist have a plan to treat your ADHD?

Note that most antidepressant medications are CNS inhibitors in general, so they can have adverse effects on cognition. This is rare though.

What was your law school medication combination? You clearly had something working previously (assuming it wasn't just Lexapro the entire time). Why did that stop working?

Strattera is sometimes paired with adderall, it will increase your productivity, but it won't help your mood.

Never taken luvox.

Personally didn't notice a big difference between effexor or lexapro. Maybe try effexor and see, every medication has different effects on different individuals.

Good luck.

We don't allow "what drug is best for me" type threads on BL, sorry. Consult your doctor and be frank with him about your symptoms and concerns.

It would help greatly if you could explain some more about your situation: how long have you been feeling depressed/anxious? Is your amphetamine usage prescribed or illicit? How much amphetamine and how frequently do you take it?

If your depression is related to e.g. vitamin D deficiency or simply taking too much amphetamine, no amount or combination of SSRI drugs will help you feel better.