• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lump in the back of my neck

FallenOne86

Bluelighter
So I’ve had a stiff neck for a few days now and I woke up this morning with a lump in the back of my neck. Besides electrolytes and a warm compress is there anything else I can do to help me get this thing healed?

So I’ve had a stiff neck for a few days now and I woke up this morning with a lump in the back of my neck. Besides electrolytes and a warm compress is there anything else I can do to help me get this thing healed?
Is it tender to the touch? Is it hot? Is it red?
im trying to figure out if the lump is a cyst, nodule, or some sort of infection that is contained within the lump or if it is or if it is a swollen lymph node sometimes I get lumps that are actually lymph nodes
from the way you explained it, it doesn’t sound like a lymph node but I wanted to be sure

if it is a cyst or nodule with the infection contained within it some things that could help are using a tea bag green tea or black tea as a hot compress
I have used them on abscesses with really good results

manuca honey: this stuff is miraculous it has infection clearing properties its expensive though but raw honey also is good but not as powerful as manuca honey

betadine that brown stuff you see them wipe people down with before surgery on tv
it really will zap an infection if you soak a Cotten ball and cover the area with the betadine it’s cheap too

you have the right idea with the heat

if you can stand it taking oregano oil and putting a few drops under your tongue is a good systemic antibiotic and will clear any infection from the inside out

you could also take an Advil to use as a full body anti inflammatory and it would be good to see if you have a fever if you do alternating Tylenol with Advil every 6-8 hours until the fever and swelling goes away would be good

hope this gets better soon! 🦋

im trying to figure out if the lump is a cyst, nodule, or some sort of infection that is contained within the lump or if it is or if it is a swollen lymph node sometimes I get lumps that are actually lymph nodes
from the way you explained it, it doesn’t sound like a lymph node but I wanted to be sure

if it is a cyst or nodule with the infection contained within it some things that could help are using a tea bag green tea or black tea as a hot compress

manuca honey: this stuff is miraculous it has infection clearing properties its expensive though but raw honey also is good but not as powerful as manuca honey

betadine that brown stuff you see them wipe people down with before surgery on tv
it really will zap an infection if you soak a Cotten ball and cover the area with the betadine it’s cheap too

if you can stand it taking oregano oil and putting a few drops under your tongue is a good systemic antibiotic and will clear any infection from the inside out

you could also take an Advil to use as a full body anti inflammatory and it would be good to see if you have a fever if you do alternating Tylenol with Advil every 6-8 hours until the fever and swelling goes away would be good

I’d like to mention that many other cheaper medicinal raw/unfiltered honeys that can work just as well as Manuka. Also even with Manuka research found little difference in efficacy between the low and high rated honeys.

One needs to just find a good dark medicinal honey that’s advertised as raw and unfiltered to be used topically. Ingesting internally is a different story entirely.

I’ve experimented with honey for wound healing and it works amazingly well to the point where I always apply to any wounds I’m worried may become infected. Healing time is greatly reduced.

-GC

Is the mancua honey really that effective? I have some I was given as a Christmas gift in my fridge and I put it into green tea and coffee. It just tastes like wildflower honey to me. If I had any health benefits I did not notice them but I started using it during the COVID lockdown quarantine when it was difficult to find honey or sugar in stores.

Is the mancua honey really that effective? I have some I was given as a Christmas gift in my fridge and I put it into green tea and coffee. It just tastes like wildflower honey to me. If I had any health benefits I did not notice them but I started using it during the COVID lockdown quarantine when it was difficult to find honey or sugar in stores.
Yes, it really is that effective. It's been scientifically proven in many studies. One of the veterinarians I worked for actually uses it on certain types of necrotic wounds as a healing agent instead of pharmaceuticals. He literally puts a glob (technical term) of manuka honey on the wound, bandages it up, then has the client bring the pet back 3 days later to repeat the process until the wound is healed. It works remark well.

It could be an inflamed lymph node which could be a sign of cancer or a recent immune response.

Go to a doctor.

Although it could be meningitis considering you have a stiff neck. Is it stiff when you move it side to side/up and down. And do you have a splotchy rash?

Go to a doctor. Honey and tea wont fix meningitis you need antibiotics. I cannot stress this enough if it is meningitis you will die without treatment. Within the next couple of days. Like fr.

"The symptoms of subacute or chronic meningitis are similar to those of acute bacterial meningitis, except that they develop more slowly and gradually, usually over weeks rather than days."

Go to a doctor fam.

Orphenadrine, valiuum, NSAIDS LIKE IBUPROFEN naproxen, diclofenac, etc. Wish you a fast recovery!

It could be an inflamed lymph node which could be a sign of cancer or a recent immune response.

Go to a doctor.

Although it could be meningitis considering you have a stiff neck. Is it stiff when you move it side to side/up and down. And do you have a splotchy rash?

Go to a doctor. Honey and tea wont fix meningitis you need antibiotics. I cannot stress this enough if it is meningitis you will die without treatment. Within the next couple of days. Like fr.

"The symptoms of subacute or chronic meningitis are similar to those of acute bacterial meningitis, except that they develop more slowly and gradually, usually over weeks rather than days."

Go to a doctor fam.
Okay thank you guys for all your response’s. Gonna head to bed soon cuz I’ve gotta be up for orientation tomorrow starting my new job but I’ll be sure to make an appointment with my primary and pray to God (( if he’s up there and likes me still )) that it ain’t meningitis or Cancer. But hey if it’s cancer that will be cool cuz that’s my horoscope 🤣🤣 no but in all honesty I’m not trying to manifest that shit I pray it’s neither those two things and just from me looking down at my phone a little too much.

I don’t have any cysts or infections that’s for sure. And it’s gone down today. My body is just always tense. I’ve always been that way naturally. The only time I’m relaxed is when I’m beating someone’s ass so I guess I should go find myself a mean bully and take care of my problem while also saving kids from bullies one jack ass at a time! 😎

Orphenadrine, valiuum, NSAIDS LIKE IBUPROFEN naproxen, diclofenac, etc. Wish you a fast recovery!
I appreciate it! I’ve got some voltaren cream (( diclofenac )) and the other day my girlfriend laughs and asks me to guess where it’s made. We both cracked up when she told me it was made in Israel.

*edited**

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate it! I’ve got some voltaren cream (( diclofenac )) and the other day my girlfriend laughs and asks me to guess where it’s made. We both cracked up when she told me it was made in Israel.

**edited**
What the actual fuck is this shit man? What the shit are you talking about?? No one is even talking about Jews and you bring them up out of nowhere. What is your problem? I absolutely will not tolerate prejudice or hatred in my forum and you bet your fucking life I'm issuing you another warning point. Take that shit away from Bluelight please and thank you. If you can't control your antisemitism then don't post here.

Last edited:

**edited**
As long as it's not some mRNA experimental shot....it's all good 👍

What the actual fuck is this shit man? What the shit are you talking about?? No one is even talking about Jews and you bring them up out of nowhere. What is your problem? I absolutely will not tolerate prejudice or hatred in my forum and you bet your fucking life I'm issuing you another warning point. Take that shit away from Bluelight please and thank you. If you can't control your antisemitism then don't post here.
Sounds about right! Okay I heard you loud and clear! 👌🏻 Won’t happen again promise! 😇

Last edited: