View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lucid dream

Epiper888

Bluelighter
Last night I had one of the best experiences of my life. I had total control over my dream and could fly and do whatever the hell came to mind.

I haven't really ventured into the world of phycadelics but what would be a good drug to achieve a lucid dream state

I don't think there are any that will be exactly like a lucid dream. The closest in my experience is DXM out of the three that I have tried, which are DXM, shrooms, and LSA. I have yet to try LSD so I can't say what it would be like but I would think it would act like a stronger version of LSA.

With the DXM I only went into the third plateau but I don't recommend anything past the second plateau for the first time trying it. It can be overwhelming if you are not used to it.

EDIT: Be careful while trying to find a drug to do this. There are several that will turn real life into a dream while awake. You will physically act out everything. I have seen people arrested, hurt and in the hospital, or even killed because of their actions.

There seem to be a bunch of resources (books etc.) that describe techniques and lifestyle choices (foods etc.) that you can make to encourage lucid dreams to occur. I don't have any experience with trying any of those techniques, but i have experienced the same sort of dream state you described once or twice and it was pretty awesome.

If you actually want to lucid dream i guess that would be a more likely method of achieving it rather than trying to via drug use?

Drugs feel like drugs not dreaming (although maybe the lines blur at times haha). To actually answer your question the closest psychedelics to a lucid dream state i have experienced are ketamine (hole-ing) and maaaaaaybe LSD/DMT at times. I am not recommending that you simply go try those things without doing your research first though, and i think if you go into the experience with a preconceived notion about what it will be like you may be disappointed/taken by surprise.

I would not really consider this herb as a psychedelic, but brew or smoke some Calea Zacatechichi right before bed. It induces a dream state to lucid dreaming and is completely legal to order online.

Lucid dreams are awesome. There are no drugs that can really recreate the lucid dream state. There are drugs that can get you totally out of body/present reality. But you will find that any psychedelic drug is much more chaotic, busy, loud, and downright scarier than a lucid dream.

I would say ketamine is the closest thing.

Have you attempted getting some exercise? Some days after exercise I have vivid memorable dreams. Melatonin also induces lucid dreams. Melatonin shares structural similarity with psychoactive tryptamines and is sold in grocery stores. I couldn't find an active melatonin Big and Dandy thread.

220px-Melatonin.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin#Dreaming

I would not really consider this herb as a psychedelic, but brew or smoke some Calea Zacatechichi right before bed. It induces a dream state to lucid dreaming and is completely legal to order online.

Calea tea is the single most foul shitpisscocktail I've had the displeasure to force down my throat (and I chew Syrian Rue for its taste) but it did nada for me.

African Dream Root (Silene Capensis) is advertised as promoting lucid dreaming. Never worked for me though. Vitamin B6 ditto.
When turning to ethnobotanicals for this purpose it's probably wise not to expect miracles.

But you could take a look here for some inspiration:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=7c81dd8ffd801d9b19bca15f9712522d

I have had great success with increasing frequency and vividness of dreams using Silene Capensis root, and increasing my ability to remember these dreams with Celastrus Paniculatus seeds. I can recommend both herbs personally.

No psychedelic I've taken was like a lucid dream.

But if you take vitamin B3, or even melatonin at a low dose you will get more vivid and lucid dreams.

Mushrooms and a high dose of oral cannabis put me into a dream-like reality state for a few minutes but it's not like a lucid dream.

There are various herbs that people take that are supposed to help you lucid dream. The only one I've ever used was Guayusa. But some people take Silene Capensis, and Calea Zacatehichi.

Phenylpiracetam, ginkgo biloba, B vitamines and cannabis withdrawal tend to increase the vividness of my dreams. I tried African Dream root a few times and it didn't work once for me...

I know you were asking about drugs to achieve this. However, I've achieved this in the past without drugs.

Basically, you want to "get in touch" deeply with your sleep state. Your goal is to bring your conscious mind into your dream state. And you also want to begin recalling your dream states better in your Conscious mind.

You can begin this by doing a couple of things, regularly.

First, you will want to keep a Dream Log or Journal. The reason for this, is it will enable you to begin to have better recall of your dreams eventually. Just dedicate a notebook to writing down your dreams upon waking. If you're really intent in doing this, writing them down IMMEDIATELY upon waking is the best. Not only when you wake up in the morning for good, but if you wake during the night. Immediately write it down. And, a really good tip: SKIP LINES as you write. The reason for this, is that (especially at first) you will forget a detail, and need to go back and add it in. If you skip lines, you have space to insert these afterthoughts.

What should you write down? Well obviously the dream...but ANYTHING that stands out to you especially, even of you don't know why it does. I'm talking numbers, colors, a mood or feeling in the dream, that thing you noticed that didn't quite make sense, etc. (This is also useful for learning to interpret your dreams,,which is something else you may be interested in). Note how you felt. Don't just say,"It was raining and I was soaking wet"...add in things like,"...and I remember feeling really refreshed/alone/cold/the warm rain/it made me laugh..." etc.

After you have done this nightly for a while, you'll begin having far better dream recall than you do now.

The other thing to do - and keep at it, as it may take a while to have success - is to have a little "talk" with yourself before laying down to sleep. Out loud, in your head silently...whatever works for you. Write it down.if that feels right. Tell yourself things along the lines of,"Ok...I'm about to lay down.to sleep. Tonight, I will dream about xyz. I will have complete awareness as I dream, that I am in fact dreaming. I will remember my dream with clarity and detail upon awakening." Etc. Over time, add in more, like,"...and when xyz happens, I will (whatever you want to do in your dream. Example: when it rains on me, I will gather the water in my cupped hands...)".

Your goal is to get the conscious and dreaming brain to recognize one another.

I did this with success. I remember the first time I deliberately broke into a dream. It was a nightmare...in my dream, I was basically being dragged off to be killed. Of course, it felt quite real, as dreams tend to feel. In my dream, I was very afraid, and was desperately looking for a way to escape. Suddenly, my conscious mind LITERALLY jumped in, and I literally heard it say,"Just wake up. You're dreaming." And don't you know it, my dream self thought,"Oh shit! I'm dreaming! I'm safe! I'm waking up now..." And so I did.

That was the first. I had a tendency to want to wake up as soon as I would realize I was dreaming lol. I guess that's the ultimate control lol, simply leaving the dream and waking up lol. But, yes, I was also able to "direct" my dreams within them to some degree.

Edit: I should also mention that I have been able on several occassions to continue a dream I was having after waking up and going back to sleep. Meaning, I woke up, recalled my fun and/or pleasant dream, went back to sleep, told my mind I was going right back.into that same dre, and continued the same dream...sometimes with several awakenings stitching the dream together. Very cool and enjoyable :)

Edit2: You also might try extending the period of awakening. You know, when you're JUST starting to wake up...don't necessarily open your eyes right away, keep them closed and hang out in that half awake/asleep state for a few.

If you ever awaken consciously but find your body "paralyzed", and your eyes unable to open, don't panic. This isn't uncommon, and the feeling of dread that many people report as this occurs is an illusion. You're safe. Literally just remember that you're safe. Look up "Sleep Paralysis" to learn more.

Let me know if you have questions.

Good luck!

Peace.

Last edited:
Suffer from narcolepsy/cataplexy .I take a drug called modafinal,its supposed to keep me awake.Shortly after taking it,the drug makes me feel sleepy and i enter the world of lucid dreaming,occasionally i can wake during such a dream or am i still alseep not sure.