View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lucid Dream/Astral Projection Vs. Psychedelics

number22

Bluelighter
First off, yes I know LD and projecting are two different things. No I have not done either :(

So I am so curious in both. However, I have been smoking weed everyday for quite some time. So basically because of this I never really reach REM sleep so I never dream. Or maybe I have such intense ones that I don't remember them..ha. I dream sometimes but its when I'm stressed or worried about something. If you smoke a lot and can do either of them please tell me!

Anyways if you have experienced both which do you prefer, that or psychedelics?

In the comments of a video about someones projection experience, they said "The light body is a higher self of your's. So it has extra consciousness - and feels more real than the physical plane" I have never done DMT, but from all the stuff i've read on it people say its more than just chemical reactions happening in your brain and body or whatever. It feels real. It feels as if you are going to other dimensions and are truly experiencing it. Would that feeling of "realness" be similar in any way?

If psychs aren't the preferred answer, I would definitely cut down smoking to just with friends on occasion. Smoking has not affected me negatively. I started in the 8th grade, maintained 90s all throughout highschool, and attending college xD. On top of that i perform all of my sports under the influence. I do not smoke in excess, small amounts throughout the day and I never crash or get that super tired feeling. But yeah so without smoking I would be able to LD and project (y)

LD-AP-DMT-LSD-SHROOMS all different experiences. The relation between astral projection and DMT are not related. I totally get as in why you could think its related but their its really different. Ive had an astral projection for a short minute and from my opinion, DMT trips you out in a certain way. A sorta quick (10 minutes) relvation, it shows you what it wants to show you. Its like a clip to be simple. While astral projection your out of your body... and from there Idk. OBE's, I believe theres a lot of spiritual sense but personally I get anxious when under AP, cuz like ur all alone or atleast in the beginning. I dont know, i have anxiety in general so maybe thats why i get fear under this state of mind but its definitely in my interest. Its a fact at the of the day we truely dont know how DMT affects the pineal gland and brain. Its just a theory, one I hope is true because it just would just make sense imo. Lucid dreaming is hard and you need practice, I cannot for the life of me break out the cycle. I recongize whats different in my dream and see how its unrealistic in reality, but for me Its like I want to watch the dream and see what my subconscious dreams. Looking for messages. Lucid dreaming once you master, you can do anything.

Dimensions of tripping out on dmt is different than AP dimensions. This is such a controversial topic tbh.

And do you smoke before you fall asleep? I loveeee to dab everyday but once it started to affect my rem sleep, i try to not be high when i go to sleep. When your high thats when it suppressed REM sleep, not, "oh i smoked this morning dam I cant dream now." No you just cant be high in the moment. I'll go to sleep on the comedown and its like a 50/50 shot but it works most of the time when i tried it. Insomnia and trying this is a struggle.

Many people have had accidental astral projection when high! But thats out of random. My friend was on acid and he a scary time because he didnt know he was outside his body. He just sat there in a car scared while his friends were next to him tripping balls. Substances can help you achieve astral projection but ive tried thousands of times high. Its hard man. I wouldnt recommend smoking weed trying to astral projection consciously because even tho weed is amazing, it will cloud my judgement with meditation at times. Id rather just mediate with a clear mind and no substance than smoking like a fuck ton of weed and trying to meditate into Ap.

you can use psychedelics to try to astral project, more times or not actually theres a decent amount of reports about astral projection and using a psychedelic but dont go fishing to drop some acid just to try to astral project. Its spontaneous unless your like some monk meditating all day.

lucid dreaming is nothing like tripping....its more like real life than tripping.

People that can do advanced astral projection may have experiences closer to tripping though. I'm not sure I would love to hear about it from somone that can do it

I prefer lucid dreaming and Astral projection at this point in my life.

I have done Astral projection or had out of body experiences but they happened while I was lucid dreaming or it started out as a lucid dream. When I have had lucid dreams and done Astral projection/OBEs (out of body experiences) I was sober and not using any drugs.

I have used high, moderate, and low doses of psychedelics. I have used LSD, mushrooms, and cannabis more than a few times at varying doses. At one time I preferred them but I had never really had a lucid dream or Astral projection/OBE (out of body experience).

They're all pretty different IME.

The first time I had an out of body experience was on a high dose of LSD the first time I took LSD. The OBE was completely different than the type of OBE you have while Astral projecting.

I was working on lucid dreaming for a while. Had a few, but they didnt last long because I became too excited and woke up. Once seemed to meet a person. This person seemed very interested in my progress, i remember thinking why is this hapoening to me. The reply was "your special, keep working on it" then I woke. I suppose that coukd apply to any of us though.

I kinda see lucid dreaming/astral projection as being able to master and move freely about the world we experience on psychs. I sometimes feel like I am on a specific track/ride through space on drugs, almost like I am a tourist not being shown whats really goimg on, just a facade

lucid dreaming is nothing like tripping....its more like real life than tripping.

People that can do advanced astral projection may have experiences closer to tripping though. I'm not sure I would love to hear about it from somone that can do it

Hmmm. I think they are all intimately connected...in fact I have a hypothesis that certain tryptamines (melatonin, DMT etc) may be responsible for dreams and natural altered states. There is some evidence in eastern philosophy that they have been aware of DMT/pineal glad/meditation connection. Theres even a researcher that does a talk on youtube about how they have found that adept meditators and people tripping on shrooms produce the exact same brainwaves/states of conciousness....

Whats interesting is I had a very very very high dose bad trip when i was a kid. I was left with PTSD/HPP symptoms for years. Ever since this trip I was unable to sleep on my back...If I was on my back like clockwork I would go into sleep paralysis/lucid dreasm/ and OBEs... sometimes it would even happen when i slept in other positions...but on my back was the worst.

Recently I had a very intense 1plsd experience... when mt GF and I were peaking I noticed that peoples faces/flesh looked EXACTLY the way people look when im OOBE or lucid dreaming. Skin appears somewhere between solid and liquid. Peoples features on their face apear "detatched" and almost "swimming" or bobbing/floating on water..if that makes sense. ODDLY my gf said to me at the exact moment I noticed this effect of the trip "Oh my god are we in the astral plane right now? I feel like were in the astral world"...what a strange coincedence, eh?

Just my two cents I believe theres alot of overlap and this is a very good question, OP. Yes, I feel tripping is alot like a lucid dream but not much like a "normal" or mundane dream

Hmmm. I think they are all intimately connected...in fact I have a hypothesis that certain tryptamines (melatonin, DMT etc) may be responsible for dreams and natural altered states. There is some evidence in eastern philosophy that they have been aware of DMT/pineal glad/meditation connection. Theres even a researcher that does a talk on youtube about how they have found that adept meditators and people tripping on shrooms produce the exact same brainwaves/states of conciousness....

Whats interesting is I had a very very very high dose bad trip when i was a kid. I was left with PTSD/HPP symptoms for years. Ever since this trip I was unable to sleep on my back...If I was on my back like clockwork I would go into sleep paralysis/lucid dreasm/ and OBEs... sometimes it would even happen when i slept in other positions...but on my back was the worst.

Recently I had a very intense 1plsd experience... when mt GF and I were peaking I noticed that peoples faces/flesh looked EXACTLY the way people look when im OOBE or lucid dreaming. Skin appears somewhere between solid and liquid. Peoples features on their face apear "detatched" and almost "swimming" or bobbing/floating on water..if that makes sense. ODDLY my gf said to me at the exact moment I noticed this effect of the trip "Oh my god are we in the astral plane right now? I feel like were in the astral world"...what a strange coincedence, eh?

Just my two cents I believe theres alot of overlap and this is a very good question, OP. Yes, I feel tripping is alot like a lucid dream but not much like a "normal" or mundane dream

I love lucid dreaming and all sorts of dreaming for that matter.

I'm also relatively sure we produce the same waves "on" as we do "off" ...........................

")

There is a book called 'the dream drugstore" that is about just this very theory. I read it so long ago I don't remember much of it and I didn't understand much about pharmacology at that time....it wouldn't mind giving it another read thank for reminding me about it.