• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - With or without weed?

I do smoke weed with lsd sometimes but im saying i enjoy the lsd enough by itself.

I hear ya buddy. :) There are times when I am too fucked up to add more drugs and I just chill, but I really don't know if there has been a time where I didn't smoke on either the come-up or the tail-end. Sometimes I just smoke to smoke I don't really know why, it would probably be a bit more lucid but I have been a pothead for a long time now.

My experience is that weed makes you forget all the insight you've gained. The trip still feels the same, but it's not as spiritually valuable.

I will smoke weed at the tail end of the trip, to slightly reboot it and enjoy the effects it provides vs. weed alone. I used to aim to have weed to smoke when tripping to make it more 'intense', but honestly taking more LSD does this a lot better for me. I'm able to guide my trips in certain directions and smoking on the come-up / peak impairs my ability to do this and makes me more confused. It's very useful as a sleep aid afterwards though :}.

Last edited:
I tend to get anxiety if I smoke any time before the come down of a trip, and if you pay close attention to bad trips when they pop up, most of the time it starts "My buddy sparked a bowl and then things got really wild".

Weed during the peak of the acid may make you trip harder. Weed on the comedown is, in my opinion, a largely therapeutic if compulsive adaptation.

I won't trip without an ample supply of weed and a place to smoke it. Then again, I'm a heavy daily smoker whether tripping or not. I find that, at all stages of the trip, smoking relieves any anxiety I might be feeling about the trip, makes the trip more visual, and keeps me somewhat grounded.

In fact, the only drugs I can really enjoy fully without weed are MDMA (although I usually still smoke when rolling anyway, a roll on its own is also just fine) and opiates (when I was a junkie and used constantly I didn't smoke much, nor did I do much of anything else... Not a happy chapter in my life, that one).

It differs, what kind of weed you buy. If I buy one with a high percentage of THC from the coffee shop, it seems to launch the trip, I don't like that too much. But the more sedating types can be nice at the end of the trip.

Indeed, I haven't used LSD for a long time but I would go for higher CBD types of cannabis like hashish. I remember once smoking as much as I could over the whole trip, I could smoke a whole lot more than normal, and the buzz was wonderful physically with warm tinging rushes up and down my body. We were sitting comfortably on a bed all night smoking, myself and two friends, another tripper and a sitter who rolled up the spliffs for us consecutively; the buzz got better and better until the LSD wore off and then it was off for sleepy time. Hashish and LSD made me sit most comfortably.