• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

LSD vs. psilocybin psychosis

Is it true that DMT takes you much further away than especially psilocybin (of which I already had an overdose, out of self grown mushrooms which were much more potent than I imagined, and they failed to induce ego-death) or LSD? And that with DMT, when smoked, it will hit you so fast that real anxiety doesn't even have time to manifest? I am very intrigued in DMT, and a friend who is using it from time to time and overcome her social anxiety with it told me these things but as usually with information from just one person I keep staying wary about.. the anxiety on said overdose was nothing I ever wanted to experience again, it was heavy enough to scare me away from all psychedelics (besides the not-really-psychedelic dissociatives which are absolute anxiolytics in me)
It’s certainly more “out of this world” simply due to the fact that you’re not in a waking state of consciousness. Anecdotally, I haven’t had anxiety on a DMT experience as you’re just sort of thrust into it and I’ve succumbed to it very easily. Cannabis can make that harder as the first time I did it my friend gave me a “sandwich method” bowl with cannabis that I thought was CBD flower and the THC did startle me but actually I handled it better than I ever do on other psychedelics (which means I don’t handle my THC at all on psychedelics).

I think the neuroscience of that would just be that by the time a downward anxious spiral actually manifests one will already be coming down.