• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD visuals gone, get them back with increased dose?

al1se

Greenlighter
Hello,
So I have a rather strong tolerance to LSD, it seems, I think it's psychological as I've waited a few weeks last time before I tripped, and still didn't get visuals apart from minor color amplification and colored "spots" in my FOV. Although I did get some color shifts and patterns while meditating on the end of the 400ug trip, they still weren't doing it.

I've tripped 3 times in the last ~1 month period, going like this.
(I hope you understand this example I'm about to give)
200ug -> +2 weeks -> 400ug -> +1 week -> 200ug -> now.

Now neither of those times, apart from the ~400ug one I got visuals, and even then they were only minor and kind of like "static colored spots", which weren't morphing or moving in any way.

I've tripped many times before (4-5 months ago), and everytime I used to get crazy visuals (shifting colorful wall and patterns) and trippy headspace even on 150ug, but not now. I wouldn't call any of these recent trips "trips", mainly because the hallucinations are missing and I'm used to it.

Note: I'm 99% sure this is real LSD, as it feels exactly the same as I'm used to before, just without visuals. I don't buy them from the streets, but DNM. Lenght is also the same.

So my question is, if I now wait about 2 weeks, and then drop 600-700ug, do you think it'll increase visuals, and a trippy headspace?
(Before anyone says I trip too much, I will and have to stop after this, for almost a year, hence I want to experience a proper psychedelic trip for "for the last time")

Set and setting: alone, house to myself, good speakers and literally nothing could go wrong in that sense.

Thank you for reading.

Try taking a longer break before you try increasing your dose. If you do increase your dose, try 500 mcg before you try 600.

Try taking a longer break before you try increasing your dose. If you do increase your dose, try 500 mcg before you try 600.
Thanks for reply.

I forgot to mention, the next time I plan on tripping, will be my only chance to do so, as after that I will have to service in the army for almost a year. I would keep a longer break, but it's not possible in my current situation, unfortunately.

I was in the same situatiom as you, i wasnt consistently having 400ug but usually around 200.
Even factering in the unreliability of tab dosage.

I know what you mean by a mental tolerance. I found this took a while to go away.

As in i had to stop going hard and have like only a trip every month.

I think the only thing that really let my mental tolerance go away was not thinking about it, which required time and less acid. LESS been the key.

I saw your post that you dont have the time required.
Ide say get 1000 ug. Take 500.
Keep dosing upwards till desired visuals? Careful on dosing intervals.

But yea you need time. I thought i killed visuals for myself. But then i saw a dancefloor turn into an alien spaceship with lasers welding ut and pipes pumping it with stuff.
That was 2 drips of acid so unknown UG. Had mdma and ket too but still.
Need time, aint got time. Dose goes up :3

If your not even getting real visuals off 400 ug idk what your gonna get :/
Hope my opinion helps, been there too except.. I had time i didnt join the army.. But yar. Have fun

It kind of works for me, I've been taking mostly acid with 1-2 weeks in between trips and last time, last saturday, I took ~320 µg tested. It was going like 3 to 3½ to 4 hits in order to avoid getting disappointed. It is clearly to often to get a lot of therapeutic value out of it - not enough happens in 1-2 weeks to really treat, but still it does feel quite valuable to get realigned and resetted generally.

I don't get all that many OEVs anymore, but meditating with eyes closed can quickly make the trip quite strong. Until not that long ago I had been taking a pretty damn long break, and certainly the first trip in a year or more was powerful, but it didn't take all that long to develop tolerance - or maybe it was indeed quite a bit since I have almost run out of the 5x5 pic of acid i had.

Problem with this approach of continuing to up doses and titrate further is that it's pretty certain to produce that much more tolerance.

I may be taking breaks when I get extra responsibilities, so for now I'm fine either way.

I find that a bit of hash smoking in the middle to end of trip invites the eyes to close, and brings on powerful cev.
then I fall into a bit of anapanasati (following the breath) which stokes the cev, and from that some oev begins as a side effect - note this does not work by seeking the effect, it only works from concentratedly following the breath. when distracted by forms, the stoking becomes less effective.

you might think that I am driving it too much, but I think not.

the newness of an early acid experience drives it in just the same way: when we are beginners we follow a path of discovery, it opens and may amaze; but when we are jaded, we don't open up the same way.

later on to establish some newness, we need to become beginners again. I dont' think that the artificiality and effort of meditation makes it wrong.
I have often heard the expression "beginner's mind" and I think this holds very well with the OP's desire to be young again in a psychedelic garden of eden.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Yeh, I've also read that when one seeks for the visuals, they tend to hide even more. I noticed this when I took the 400ug and honestly forgot that I like and seek visuals for a while, so they came back for a minute, altough not as powerful and "normal", only to fade away again after a while.

Meditation did make me trip hard the last time I did it on just 200ug, though it was really difficult to concentrate to keep meditating as my thoughts were everywhere haha.

Anyway, I decided to play it safe and my friend ordered 7 tabs supposedly dosed at 125ug, just to be sure I'll at least trip hard if anything.

My next planned trip I've been talking about here will be so that there has been a 10 day break since the last one (200ug), and the week before that I did 400ug, and week before that 200ug.
I don't think there will be much tolerance left, apart from the d*mn mental tolerance.

Thanks for answering guys! :)

I have kind of a different answer. When we take LSD to trip our brain has to follow LSD, if you hold on too strongly to your thoughts, your organization, your landmarks and your senses, then you won't trip, and as you increase the dose it will only be harder to hold on, until you reach the dose that is going to make you drop it.

Symptoms of holding to hard on LSD:

Tense muscles, jaw clenching, confusion/lowered cognitive function (short term memory, concentration etc), anxiety, kind of a rush feeling in the chest, increased BP (not just heart rate but real high BP), headaches (tension headaches) and some more.

The first times I used LSD I did not toke and held on too tight and did exactly like you and reached a dose (980ug/7tabs) that made my BP so high I was scared a little for an hour, and I am pretty experianced with psychedelics and other drugs. But when I smoked weed on LSD, I let go without even noticing it and started to trip the shit out on 420ug/3tabs, like more than the 980ug. So I guess what I am saying is what we do or try to do or have the reflex to do on LSD will affect the trip, self awareness and control is the solution to trip, and coincidentally be mentally stable in life.

Hope that will help, have fun with LSD! :)

Tell me about it.
I've taken around 5mg-6mg of LSD in the past month or two.
Fuckin' acid head I am.
I wish I didn't have such easy access to so much cheap & strong LSD lmao. ?

Lol I can relate to having strong acid and taking alot in a month, but mine is not cheap. But its worth it. It's fucking worth it.

the point of this then is either 1. "self control" or 2. "find out where he gets his tons of cheap acid".
these two mysteries may elude me for some time yet

Instead of upping the dose I like to approach the combo route, mixing weed and a dissociative to my regular psychedelic dose boosts the visual aspect of the trip to the moon

Tell me about it.
I've taken around 5mg-6mg of LSD in the past month or two.
Fuckin' acid head I am.
I wish I didn't have such easy access to so much cheap & strong LSD lmao. 

Some people have such hard lives! Haven't had real acid in a looong time :(

I find cannabis taken with any psychedelic increases the visuals for me.