View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd vasoconstriction

SWIMS cousin

Greenlighter
So i got some blotters of 100ug needlepoint from a reputable vendor. I took one tab with a buddy and went longboarding through the city all night. As we were heading home i felt as if i was running into cobwebs..at first i assumed i was just tripping but when i looekd at my arms from my wrists to my fingers were blue, i couldnt make a fist and had almost no feeling in my pinkys. This lasted well after the effects wore off. So my question is could the excessive amount of exercise i was doing added to the vasoconstriction or am I missing something? Ive never actually felt vasoconstriction like that before and it was really uncomfortable, painful even in my wrists. The blotters were too small to hold any other tastless chem(that I know of anyways lol) besides lsd. Any ideas why it was so rough?

I do also get vasoconstriction on acid (and other lysergamides). Usually feel it in the lower legs and hands but never had it to the extend that my fingers got blue. Maybe the reason it became problematic for you is, that you did sports and were a bit dehydrated which makes your blood thicker and harder for it to reach the fine vessels in your extremities. Some people use a low dose of aspirin or a vasodilator to counteract this effect. I usually just try to drink a lot (sometimes I need to force myself to do that) and take a warm shower.

did someone sober see these blue arms or did you take a photo? how strong was the trip?

Nobody sober saw the blue but it was absolutly there. And i do think i was pretty dehydrated i hardly ate or drank the day I took it and rode all night. i tried smoking alot of bud and I actually did take a shower when I got home but i could still feel it:/ i heard niacin really helps?

I've gotten excruciating constricting pain in my legs before while tripping. It's only happened to me once, which made me question if what i ate was really acid or a research chem.

Lots of freaky things can happen with the body, and most of the time you wouldn't think twice about them. Did you smoke cigarettes? If so, chances are they had more to do with your predicament than the LSD. The number of times my pinkys went numb after I smoked a couple of cigarettes...

However, it is true that LSD does produce vasoconstriction, as well as other funky somatic weirdness. Part of the reason why a lot of people insist on eating right, sleeping soundly, not drinking or smoking, or engaging in any overly self-destructive activity for at least a few days before the trip, is to ensure that you minimize these pesky problems. If you treat your body well, eat wholesome food, on the morning of the trip pre-load with minerals and vitamins, and keep your body happy and hydrated throughout, incidence of any physical insults will be greatly reduced. Most likely to the point of non-existence.

Last edited: