View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Usage?

SillyStringer

Greenlighter
Hello. For starters, I've tried LSD twice (with a few months break). I used to smoke the wani a good bit. I've more than recently quit due to panic attacks and other things. I've used DXM but never again after the awful afterglow. So my question is, how often is too often to use LSD? I'm a very spiritual person and just look for answers, as well as a good time with friends. I'm sure I'll know when to slow down the use, but is every weekend fine? Just once a weekend I mean. I work 5 days out of the week and goto college 4 days as well. So it's not like I'm taking the LSD and just moping on things. I'm very intact with reality and my second LSD trip was more answers than paranormal I guess. The visuals didn't scare me, I just had a good time. So how often is too often? (Sorry doe jumping around, I'm currently at work and it's 4am)

I think aswers to this question will vary but IMHO if you are new to psychedlics you can get away with dropping every weekend for while but I recomend every two weeks max.

I have this question too, but I'm not as new to LSD. I've taken acid roughly once every 3-6 months for about 3 years, with a couple back-to-back weekends thrown in. I'm now in my early 30s and I don't want to end up with long term "burnout" effects (I'm not even really sure how much those effects are legit versus anti-drug propaganda), but I also very much enjoy LSD and I would like to keep using it at a sustainable rate for a long time. At 2 tabs per trip, is long term usage possible without negative effects, and if so, at what frequency? Or is there a limit on how many times a person should use LSD in their lifetime?

If you do it weekly your tolerance will get bad. I would do it bi-monthly if I had the resources and time myself, giving more time for tolerance reset.

I usually try to trip every other week. Two weeks is exactly enough to reduce my tolerance to the point where I don't notice it anymore. But if I don't feel like it after two weeks, I just skip another week. Sometimes it takes longer to process my trips. However, I don't think that if you keep your trips two weeks apart, that there is such a thing as using LSD too often.

Nobody else can really tell you how YOU should use LSD. Try it every week, and if it feels like too much, slow down. Easy.

Tripping once every two weeks feels right for me, like most other people in this thread.

LSD is quite safe for frequent use, but tolerance to it develops quickly so doing it more than once per week is wasteful. If you use LSD every week, you'll probably get bored of it after a while.