View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD trip insights

Espiritus

Bluelighter
I've done lsd once and it was unlike anything else. I'm wondering about the validity of my insights though. I felt convinced that 3 of my friends had a long history together in past lives going back centuries. I was also seeing things from each of their point of view and feeling what I thought were their emotions. Also later I started feeling like I was someone else and that I didn't have a physical body. Are these just my mind playing tricks on me or actual insights into truths that transcend the material world of time and space?

Is lsd really the truth drug or does it work on whatever you've been unconsciously thinking of?

Best take that kind of metaphysical stuff with a pinch of salt. It's as true as you want it to be, take from it what is helpful to you at this time. These are all real states of mind that you experienced, but the content is not necessarily real.

It's not so much the truth drug, more that it works on the bits from your consciousness and unconsciousness. It can be revealing of your own mind, and how your mind engages with the world.

Technically, none of that stuff really happened, and as much as we would all love to believe that LSD is some sort of spiritual tool from the Gods. LSD is just another drug, with extreme shifts of perception of yourself, those around you, well, pretty much everything, haha.

However, I'm sure you learned quite a bit about your friends and yourself in this state of mind. Those feelings are real and it is important to draw a line between personal insight and the oh, so believable insights of religion, hyperspace and history.

I don't tend to think the stuff like you feel you are in contact with other beings or history is of much value - that's just your brain having a bit of fun. But the euphoria and laughter are real and they can add so much to your life.

Of course you should probably disregard the mystical stuff, but there might be some legitimate insight to be had here. Personally, I find that both my dreams and my trips are often highly metaphorical, and by analyzing the metaphors I can arrive at real, useful, concrete insights about my mind and my beliefs.

On psilocin, I felt that I encountered a version of god: an alien who wrote a computer program to simulate the universe where I reside, as a kind of computational anthropology project. Thinking about this later, I realized that I do have a deep-seated belief that we live in a deterministic universe -- although, of course, it's probably not a computer program.

Acid trips can yield real insights if your can brave the swamp of mysticism, confusion, distorted perceptions and new-age crap.