View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd trip after only 2 weeks?

frankmilton

Greenlighter
I was wondering if i can have a good trip after only 14 days of abstinence.
I tried taking 10-11 days off between trips, and while i definately tripped and had quiet strong visuals, it seemed as if my mind wasn't "altered" that much. I mean it was altered, but not THAT much. I supposed this is what people call "magic"?
What are your thoughts on this?

2 weeks should be enough for your tolerance to reset, but for the magic to fully return i find 4-6 weeks is sometimes necessary

look up the lsd tolerance chart, its a good reference in general but people react so different to drugs..esp. psychedelics.. I find after around 7-9 days I'm back to no tolerance, but I prefer to wait a month or two at least, i feel like the more you forget what it feels like, the more it hits you next time you do it.. idk maybe just me. But a week or two max and you should be trip'n like normal.

and also, get a test kit, too many rc's running around these days, and a lot of them are more "clear-headed", in the sense your headspace is just not as intense as the real thing. Though obviously every drug is different.

The tolerance chart was made not by asking people specifically about the 'magic' so it will refer to getting psychedelic effects in general.

The psychological tolerance that is involved here with the 'magic' is probably not that related to downregulation of serotonergic receptors or even to the 'magic' from MDMA which I think both boil down to the neuropharmacological level. IMO psychological tolerance is probably partially rather a higher level neurological thing, of the novelty-registering brain regions and the 'gain' of that sensitivity and/or a global psychological i.e. experiential phenomenon that is [like PTSD & flashbacks not something that is strictly a drugs or psychedelic phenomenon but] rather a very general feeling that rare things are special and repetitions get old. Or meh maybe that is just another way of expressing the first thing I said, about novelty.

Nichols said that the locus coeruleus in the brain is - I paraphrase lol - like a geiger counter for novelty, and that a lot of the wonder (feeling as if you experience things for the first time, even though they are mundane!) of psychedelics implies or involves hyperactivity of that novelty registering.

I would assume that this novelty counter in the LC has a built in tolerance-like system on a higher neurological level rather than receptor level, because repetition or uniqueness is what defines novelty.

As for waiting time, I don't really know... any tolerance I think pretty much drops off quickly at first, then more gradually... so the more 'purist' or demanding you are about this, the exceedingly longer you will have to wait. 2-6 months possibly even.

The tolerance chart was made not by asking people specifically about the 'magic' so it will refer to getting psychedelic effects in general.

The psychological tolerance that is involved here with the 'magic' is probably not that related to downregulation of serotonergic receptors or even to the 'magic' from MDMA which I think both boil down to the neuropharmacological level.
thats why I said its a good reference for TOLERANCE.. For me personally a month or two is plenty for that magic to return. Plus I also added "but I prefer to wait a month or two at least, i feel like the more you forget what it feels like, the more it hits you next time you do it.. idk maybe just me. But a week or two max and you should be trip'n like normal." Basically agreeing with what you said. Though yours was better put.