View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD tolerance?

Mysterion2134

Greenlighter
So last time I posted here I thought I was getting LSD but it was some fake shit that was ok but not what I wanted and I didn't enjoy much of it

I finally got 5 hits or real stuff that my buddy said is really strong. I'm giving two of them to my friends and the other 3 are for me to keep. I'm only taking one hit wverytime but I was wondering if I only took about a quarter of a hit tonight to get a feel for it, will that build any tolerance? Because tomorrow night is the night where me and my friends were gonna take full hits but I know doing acid consistently builds up tolerance pretty fast and It's my first real acid trip and I wanna make it as real as it gets

I wouldn't risk it personally. A day is a really short time for tolerance to go away. On the other hand it's mostly the full-on trips that produce tolerance, part of which is then neuro-psychological tolerance like from the changed perspective and novelty feeling (which might be mediated by the locus coreuleus) rather than mere receptor down-regulation though these things are hard to fully disconnect.

How much tolerance would be produced really depends on how much there is in that quarter hit. If it's not that much then I don't see the point of getting a feel for it, if it's enough to get a feel then the tolerance isn't so great.

Just go to town on micromanaging the shit out of that set and setting tomorrow :) think about arranging rooms for calming down or change of situation, things to do like drawing, getting some nice fresh fruit which is a treat on acid...

Ok man thanks that's what I thinking I was gonna do anyway. I have most of it planned out. I'm gonna take it a few hours after I get home from school. The first few hours I'll be around my other friends who are tripping with a sober one around and we'll probably just go for a walk and hang and have a good time. Then once I'm more on the come down side of the trip I'm gonna head home(trust issues with family don't let me stay out all night) and just finish the night with my drunk brother and his drunk friends cause by then on the comedown I shouldn't worry about the trip taking a turn for the worst.

I've been wanting to do this for a while and my head is all clear on it and I expect nothing so I beleive I will be fine and I'll have a sober friend(s) around. And I have some type of experience with psychedelics cause I took that last hit of "acid" and it was so bitter and it just made me feel stupid the whole night and made the insides of my body tighten up it was weird I'm assuming it was some type of n-bomb. I handled it really well and I was by myself the main portion of the experince. So I think this will be a good experince with no issues