View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD to cure opiate addiction?

highallday

Greenlighter
I have had great experiences with LSD; however, at the end of the trip I'm still fiending for opiates. I was wondering if I could trade my daily opiate addiction to a everyday LSD tripping? Anyone have good experiences with LSD and opiate addiction? Thanks in advance.

It works if you want it to. I had a bunch of experiences trying to kick by using LSD and by time I come down I am right back shooting dope again. But then last year I did a high dose of synthetic psilocybin literally and it changed my life. I got on methadone the next day and have stayed clean from heroin ever since. Now I am going a step further and using MDMA to help me get off methadone. This may all sound crazy to someone else, but psychedelics, if used properly, can definitely help you get off opiates. Or they can just be a huge headache and cause you to immediately run back to your drug of choice, swearing that you'll never trip again. It's really up to you how bad you want it to work; there ain't no miracle cure for opiate addiction, not even fucking Ibogaine helped when I wasn't ready.

I have done LSD about five times, and I am a believer it helped permanently kill majority of extreme hunger for hard drugs, I no longer crave cocaine, I benzos at all, when I used to be heavily addicted mentally and physically to benzos, after physical withdrawl to benzos, I just stopped having the desire. I have a permanent afterglow from LSD, I feel psychedelic in a sober way . LSD is a beautiful tool

Eh, I trip fairly often and I'm very into opioids at the moment, especially when the two are mixed.

I don't think LSD is a cure-all in the least, the only thing it has truly pushed me into was spirituality. Certainly offers us new perspectives, but we still choose whether or not to act on those insights. I only act on a fraction of the things I realize when tripping. Sobriety is a necessary part of life and our sober selves certainly think differently from our tripping selves.

I could see lsd killing the mental craving for opiates but if you're wired to them there's no chance in hell it'll keep wd's at bay. Ibogaine is the silver bullet for this one. I speak from experience.

Everyday LSD tripping? Are you for real?! That sounds like a disaster to me.
I just came off a nearly ten year opiate addiction. YEARS before that I sold LSD for 4 years... ate it frequently... easily close to 200x.
I will shoot in the dark here and guess you've only eaten LSD a handful of times.. Trust me when I say that when you get up to eating LSD as frequently as I did, your perception of the world will start getting distorted. And I ate it here and there, but no more than a few times a week when I was binging a bit more frequently than usual.
LSD EVERYDAY? You are going to mess up your brain... they do call it "frying"! And you will mess up your thinking.
I've been arrested on LSD twice, I went into a psychosis cartoon land. That was enough to call my love affair with LSD quits.

No offense please, but I love when you asked if anyone has had "good experiences" with opiate addiction... I am fairly certain that 99.99% of addicts will agree it is a nightmare!

Best of luck, man... but I don't recommend eating LSD on a daily basis, that will just take a turn for the worse real fast.

The thing about psychedelics is that they can produce intense and profound realizations, but you need to still do the work for yourself after it wears off. The only psychedelic that seems to be a step beyond the rest of them for addiction is ibogaine. I was addicted to opiates for 10 years and I thought I was quitting opiates as a result of psychedelics (and without) many times. Ibogaine seemed to cause my brain to reset to where I wasn't fiending anymore, but even then I had to do the work... I did it when my abusive last relationship ended, and I realized I was doing opiates to mask the pain of that relationship, and I realized also that it was not part of my life anymore, so I used that relief of physical'mental addiction to make sure I filled my life with positive things that were not opiates. I started working out, I started playing music again, and I spent a lot more time with my friends, who are amazing people who are positive and wonderful. So I sort of got lucky, as well as tried really hard to stay that way. I would say, after being through addiction that was very severe, that the most important part about beating an addiction is to alter your life so that the things that are causing you the pain are removed, and so you are doing things that bring you joy and fill you up. Then you won't crave opiates so much because you'll be fulfilled in other ways.

Good luck man, opiate addiction is fucked. But you CAN beat it. Psychedelics can help but there is no magic bullet. Although ibogaine is the best of them for it, in my experience.

Also, don't try taking LSD every day. You won't be able to trip every day, plus it exhausts you mentally and some people end up experiencing psychosis and mental illness at that rate of use.

I like everyone's feedback, and will resonate on the notion that it can help, but defeating opioid addiction requires a very multi-pronged approach. For me personally, it required finding my balance in all things, so that I no longer felt the need to use them as a crutch to mask an unrelated problem.

Try Ibogaine, it is known to help reset the part of your brain that is craving opiates. It will also help make you really think about what you want with your life and if you don't want to do opiates anymore it will help you change.