Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD + Syrian Rue

lolwhatzdrugs

Bluelighter
On the
26th of april 1 hit of acid
28th of april 2 hits of acid
29th of april 5 hits of acid

3rd of May 2.5-3g of mushrooms w/1.25g of syrian rune.

I know 14 days is the general time needed to get to baseline regarding tolerance. Does that mean I should weight for the 17th of may.

Would I be fine tripping the 12-14th with both hits and some more syrian rue?

Doe syrian rue potentiate LDS in the same way it potentiates mushrooms?

My exp with lsd and harmalas would say no.
It does make the lsd slightly less stimulating and more dreamy though.
However i would probably wait at least 7days between your trips.

I like dreamy! As long as it increases visuals, that ineffable feeling of oneness I'm down.

Yeah, I was thinking 10-12. 17th of may would be 10 days.

I've never found that an MAOI "potentiates" mushrooms, I've always found it simply makes it an oral DMT trip instead of a psilocybin trip. Certainly moclobemide does anyway.

I've never tried LSD and moclobemide so I can't comment on whether it helps acid or not. My guess is no because I can't think of anything the MAOI could emphasise in the LSD molecule, whereas with psilocybin the DMT molecule is already present.

I'm talking about moclobemide - that's an MAOI that doesn't cause any nausea.

I'm talking about moclobemide - that's an MAOI that doesn't cause any nausea.

I understand that, I meant on:

ays found it simply makes it an oral DMT trip instead of a psilocybin trip.

Well, I already took the 2 hits I had planned to save as my tolerance lessened, and didn't even have time to get the rue' from my buddy, so I guess we won't know how it could have been.

If I can obtain more, I'm sure I'll find out later down the line

Well, I already took the 2 hits I had planned to save as my tolerance lessened, and didn't even have time to get the rue' from my buddy, so I guess we won't know how it could have been.

If I can obtain more, I'm sure I'll find out later down the line

I'm with Ismene on the Rue "potentiating" anything...IMO MAOI's are good for making DMT orally available, but if you don't have to have it to make something active i'd say no.
Rue, i can't speak for any other MAOI's, "blunts" the high and prolongs it but definately doesn't potentiate...IME.
I ate 15 grams of my "own grown" dried cubes and 4-5 grams ground Rue seeds and was sorely disappointed...i'd tripped better w/o it.
I'd say LSD would be no different...Also tried Rue and LSA...blah.
I know the Rue was good 'cause it was the same batch i used for my Ayahuasca.

Last edited:
Hmmm

The only positive experience I had with it was

3g of cubes
1g of ground rue

and it was breathtakingly amazing vivid fractals.

Mostly why I asked, as I haven't seen such vivid open eyed fractals since.

Maybe that's the DMT thing Ismene described...it didn't happen to me though.

Dunno.

The only DMT I've had I tried to vaporize, and either wasn't pure enough, or vaporized correctly, but I didn't get the full "oh fuck" I shoud've

In my experience taking LSD with Syrian Rue slightly increases the duration of the trip, however kills most of the energy and "mindfuck", quite boring actually.

Potentiation of MAOIs with substituted tryptamines (like 4-HO-MET) is much higher than it is with LSD.

In my experience taking LSD with Syrian Rue slightly increases the duration of the trip, however kills most of the energy and "mindfuck", quite boring actually.

Potentiation of MAOIs with substituted tryptamines (like 4-HO-MET) is much higher than it is with LSD.
I assume the same goes for all psychoactive tryptamines? (tripwise - I know they will potentiate regular serotonin ;) )

Hmmm

The only positive experience I had with it was

3g of cubes
1g of ground rue

and it was breathtakingly amazing vivid fractals.

Mostly why I asked, as I haven't seen such vivid open eyed fractals since.

Yeah - that'll have been the DMT. If you've ever tried oral DMT you'll recognise it once you take mushrooms with an MAOI.

Yeah - that'll have been the DMT. If you've ever tried oral DMT you'll recognise it once you take mushrooms with an MAOI.

If I can ever acquire DMT again it will certainly be done the correct way, as ayahuasca (or at least the MAOI/ORAL Part - I ain't drinking that shit).