View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD shall i try this or it's dangerous

Daliaabbe

Greenlighter
I wan't to try LSD with my friends for the first time but I don't know so much about it, is it nice experience??

depends on who you are really. im not gonna endorse any kind of drug use, but i will share my personal experience. i did lsd exactly one time in high school. was at a party with about 100 people... i knew probably ten of em... long story short my buddy had a sheet of acid and offered me some. me being the amazingly intelligent productive member of society that i am ate 4 hits before he could tell me i was an idiot... big mistake there i flipped out like mel gibson in a synagogue. to say the least i had a very very unpleasant trip made a girl cry that night... thats another story... the moral is dont eat 4 doses surrounded by 90 people you dont know. if your gonna do it do it in a peaceful setting with people you trust to help you ride out that trip. needless to say that and my one experience with shrooms ruined me on psychedelics... might try it again one day but not soon

I wan't to try LSD with my friends for the first time but I don't know so much about it, is it nice experience??

Copied&pasted from another thread where someone asked the same question:

So I have 5 blotters, apparently 110 ug each.
I have never had any psychedelic experience before and want to know what to expect basically?

Heavy mindfuck, moderate visuals.
You can find examples of the visuals (drifting, tracers...) on psychonautwiki, but the really interesting part is what goes on in your mind. Basically your novelty-detection system goes into overdrive; you start becoming much more mindful and *aware* of behaviors that have become automatic or ritualized for you, allowing you to re-evaluate and perhaps change them. You'll find words suddenly becoming inordinately heavy with *significance*, which can also be of tremendous value in identifying personal issues you might not be consciously aware of.

At heavier doses you might also experience thought-loops and memory suppression, up to the point of effectively losing your sense of self for a while. However, despite what the "heroic dose"-crowd may tell you, this is not necessary in order for you to benefit from a psychedelic experience. Atleast I don't think that going full McKenna and "breaking through" to realize that the world is really made up of "self-transforming machine-elves" is a particularly desirable scenario.

Oh, and as far as psychedelics go, LSD is also pretty stimulating. Not as stimulating as a DOx, but still more stimulating than shrooms.

Also, LSD lasts around twice as long as shrooms - even ignoring the pupil dilation, you probably won't be able to pass as sober until the 8-hour-mark, and there'll be residual stimulation and brain fog until the 12-hour-mark.

need tips to avoid bad trips and I am also stuck on dose.. how many ug do I take? Do I just take one blotter or go for 2?

Set and setting. The psychedelic experience can greatly amplify feelings about yourself and your surroundings. Are you in a good mood? Do you feel comfortable where you are, and about the people around you? If not, it's probably not a good idea to trip.

In general, it would be best to have an experienced trip sitter you feel like you can be completely open with. If not, you better have a benzo on hand. A low dose can help get an overly intense trip back under control before it goes completely off the rails; a high dose (preferably combined with a low dose of an antipsychotic) can just abort the trip full stop.

Oh, and guess what, when it comes to the psychedelic experience, all those anti-weed PSA's were right after all: THC on LSD usually won't calm you down, but rather make the whole trip even more anxiety-inducing. Seriously, read "bad" trip reports on Erowid and look at how many of them start going South following the words "...so we decided to smoke a bowl".

110 micrograms should be plenty for a first-timer. Taking 2x110 on your first trip might not be a good idea even with a sitter, and could be a recipe for disaster when you're tripping solo.

Also I want to know, is lsd neuro toxic like mdma? How long breaks do I need to take?

Not neurotoxic. MDMA causes the brain to release serotonin and dopamine, whereas LSD directly activates your 5HT2A receptors.

As a rule of thumb, LSD tolerance should be effectively back to baseline after 2 weeks, although if you want to preserve the "magic" it would be best not to take it more than once a month.

I've always wondered why people try substances without knowing anything about them, it baffles me just because personally I would never do such a thing. Overall I'm a very anxious and worried person. If you decide to take LSD, make sure it's with people you trust and enjoy being around. And make sure you don't have anything important to do that day or the next day as well usually. Make sure it's in a safe area/setting and start with a low dose since you don't know how it will affect you. If it's real LSD, it is physically safe in low doses. LSD is not neuro-toxic, but it can be psychologically damaging if you aren't careful or if your family has a history of severe mental illness.

Dont try a drug because of what you have heard.
Its very important to read a lot, about a chemical before you take it.

How pure is it, or more importantly how much of other chemicals, or crap is added to it before you received it?
how do you find this out?
Is there anything dangerous that can be misrepresented as this drug? (In almost all cases this is yes!!!!)
How do you source and learn about safe drugs?

The above is some starting questions.

Please read more about the effects, experiences( + and - ) safety considerations (set and setting).

Hope this helps.
no one can say yeah sure take it. You need to learn risks, possible outcomes all in addition to easily reported nice reports.

Also, please ask more specific questions in forums, you will get more specific answers :)

I should add, i have used lsd many times, perhaps 40 or so trips. Highest dose was significant, many blotters of well known strong acid.
However, after one particular night, i decided, no more psychedelics.

I have tsken many other drugs since but no more psychedelics. I learnt and chose to stay healthy with my knowledge. This was a unique and private experience, but the overview still hopefullly conveys some point.

I would say pass on it this time and do your research before ingesting an unknown chemical. The psychedelic experience is a little more complicated and unforgiving than just smoking a joint or cracking a few beers open. Really look into it and make sure you're prepared before diving into it, and always remember set and setting can make or break a trip

Don't take more than 1 hit your firstime no matter what your friends say or do.

Don't smoke weed on it.

These formums are full of horror stories from doing just that. Because tabs vary in dose within the same batch. Plus there are other substances on tabs that could kill you if you take multiple tabs.