View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD setting effects?

wideyez24

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I have tripped on LSD 4 times and had a great experience each trip. All of those trips were in a setting with just a couple friends at one of our houses each time. I plan on taking a dose or two at Red Rocks Colorado when I see Bassnectar next month. My question is will the very stimulating environment of Bassnectar at Red Rocks make the trip much more intense compared to a house with a couple friends? I plan on taking two hits like I usually do but I am not sure if this will be overwhelming.

You might wanna start lower, yes - tripping at events is a bit different and there is not nearly as much opportunity to really allow yourself to be immersed since there is indeed a lot going on to keep up with. But you can always try redosing a bit later, just much less economical that way because you have to compensate for tolerance.
IMO err on the low side. Also I hope you are talking about the same batch, otherwise number of hits says very little if potencies vary.

My question is will the very stimulating environment of Bassnectar at Red Rocks make the trip much more intense compared to a house with a couple friends?
Yes, tripping at shows is much more intense and it can be much more challenging. Try it with one dose and see how you like it (many people don't like tripping with crowds of people around.) Then you can try a higher dose at a different show if it seems appealing.

coming up in shows can get very hectic.. especially when the music stops(waiting to get in, set break, changeover)

i found it extremely rewarding to be on the comedown by the time you get to/in the show.
i shoot to be about 5-6 hours into a medium dose before i go through the gates so its not as unpredictable.

The turtle effect. You will become a turtle. In your shell in fear if not prepared. Me I'd be dancing and loving it but I've trained myself to not fear on psychedelics. Which only came from years of use.