View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD or Ibogaine therapy for drug addiction

naturelove415

Greenlighter
How many people have had success with drug addiction recovery from using psychedelics? If so what kind of drugs and how long an addiction? Specifically interested in people recovering from meth addiction.

I was addicted to opiates for 10 years... it was incredibly destructive to my life and I had tried quitting so many times that I had pretty much given up on quitting. I had tried many different psychedelics, which had given me perspective but done little to alter my behaviors. Then I tried a flood dose of ibogaine, and it changed my life so dramatically. Once I got through the week-long experience (3 full days of peaking where I had little connection to reality, followed by several days of intense introspection and afterglow, followed by a follow-up dose on day 6), it was like something just clicked and I have never touched another opiate again, and I have been more responsible for other drugs. It felt like I woke up from a bad dream and closed that chapter of my life, and I have never looked back, I have never even once had a craving for opiates since then, the very idea repulses me. I can even think back to my early good experiences with opiates, and talk about them, and not feel anything negative or triggering. That was 6 months ago. I can look back and divide my life into pre-ibogaine and post-ibogaine, that's how significant of an experience it was for me. I came out of it also with the intense motivation and desire to eat well and exercise heavily and get in shape (which has helped me SO MUCH in being happy and healthy), and I have never been like that in my life until now. I've tripped on at least 35 things, many hundreds of times, and I've had some +4 experiences that changed my life due to altering the way I see and believe, but nothing has even come close to ibogaine in the power it had to change my life. Ibogaine is in a league of its own. It's also a much bigger commitment and is more dangerous, and if you do it, you absolutely MUST have someone watching over you the whole time for the first 3 days (I can't stress this enough), because you will NOT be able to take care of yourself and you might think you can and decide to go out into the world, drive, etc. You also need at least a week, if not more, where you have no responsibilities afterwards, where you can just be peaceful and think. Also, I recommend, if you do it, using pure HCl as well as the TA extract that contains all the alkaloids. A friend has tried it both ways and said the pure HCl only experience was physically rough, difficult, stimulating and jangly, and felt very scattered, while the HCl + TA experience was pleasurable, peaceful and relaxing, and much more complete of an experience mentally. I did HCl + TA and that was what my experience was like.

As for meth, I don't know, ibogaine is best used for opiates since it actually blocks withdrawal but I found it useful far beyond the scope of my addiction, I really helped me to turn my life around in other ways by living healthy and feeling empowered to live the way I truly want to. My guess is it would still be the best choice, but you would need to make SURE that all the meth was out of your system first because combining stimulants and ibogaine is dangerous or even deadly.

Damn Xork, am happy for you man...rode that same train for years and she's a fucking BITCH...glad you're clear...been wondering how it went. You sound strong...would

Thanks, yeah it went swimmingly and feels like a miracle, it worked so well...