View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD- not feeling the same after

Lyddfries

Greenlighter
Hi everyone.. okay so back in September I was at a music festival and I took two hits of acid ( it kind of had a taste but I'm not sure) if so what else could it of been anyone know? But it wasn't on a tab anyways my hip was hurting so I smoked a blunt and I had the most awful trip I've ever experienced. I was completely full blown hallucinating I saw cats Fukui get over rainbows, I physically could not feel my friend who was with me so I had to literally grip the crap out of her to feel anything andwould k would look at her everything would be in red and she'd be floating in and out of my vision. Basically other things were happening but I don't rnewbe what else I saw. I was having a huge panic attack while it happened because I thought I was dying and everything kept going in a loop. I know I shouldn't have smoked I know it kicked it into overdrive so I already know how I shouldn't have made that mistake.. anyways flash forward a week I was feeling fine then later I was at a concert and took some x and felt weirdness the next day ever since I've had awful anxiety from this event. It was extremely traumatic and terrifying. I was struggling with depersonalization etc. anywyas flash towards again I started eating all natural taking vitamin d and c and then 5htp at night and not doing any drugs or anything mind altering at all and I started feeling a lot better and then kind of fell out of taking care of myself. I went to Chicago over thanksgiving break and smoked some because I thought I'd be fine and I felt like I was tripping and then again the whole time I was there I had awful anxiety... music is a huge trigger for me now it makes me feel super weird and now I am seeing a therapist that specializes in trauma for ptsd. But I know I'm not schizophrenic or anything but my mind is constantly rushing and saying random things and it's me saying it but it's constant and doesn't stop and I've just been depressed and not being my happy self. AnywyS does anyone have any advice or think I'll be okay? Thanks...

The first time I took 25i (which i think? has a taste that acid doesnt but not sure) i had weird flashback type things like what you are describing for months after. For me it wasnt anxiety but i was seeing after images like when tripping but when i was sober. and then if i smoked it would be like i was half tripping again, getting visuals too intense for weed.
the music being a trigger thing is probably from the x, happens to me, there are songs i can't listen to because they make me sad or feel too strongly bc i heard them when i was rolling.
the mind rushing i think might just be anxiety (it's really crazy what anxiety can do to you!). It is good you are seeing a therapist now though because september was awhile ago. honestly, i love acid, but i do think it can trigger like dormant anxiety disorders, and i think it slightly did w me, and maybe did w you? but the therapist should be able to help you deal with the anxiety.

It's been 4 years after my 25i trip and i'm fine now, and i think i became fine maybe 6 months or so after (not seeing after images etc). so maybe that will happen for you.

this is all my personal experience though, hoping to lyk that ur not crazy/ alone, im not a doctor. i hope you feel ok soon :( i know how horrible anxiety can be.

The first time I took 25i (which i think? has a taste that acid doesnt but not sure) i had weird flashback type things like what you are describing for months after. For me it wasnt anxiety but i was seeing after images like when tripping but when i was sober. and then if i smoked it would be like i was half tripping again, getting visuals too intense for weed.
the music being a trigger thing is probably from the x, happens to me, there are songs i can't listen to because they make me sad or feel too strongly bc i heard them when i was rolling.
the mind rushing i think might just be anxiety (it's really crazy what anxiety can do to you!). It is good you are seeing a therapist now though because september was awhile ago. honestly, i love acid, but i do think it can trigger like dormant anxiety disorders, and i think it slightly did w me, and maybe did w you? but the therapist should be able to help you deal with the anxiety.

It's been 4 years after my 25i trip and i'm fine now, and i think i became fine maybe 6 months or so after (not seeing after images etc). so maybe that will happen for you.

this is all my personal experience though, hoping to lyk that ur not crazy/ alone, im not a doctor. i hope you feel ok soon :( i know how horrible anxiety can be.

Thank you for replying.. means a lot it helps to get more people's opinions. I have a feeling I didn't get pure acid:/ And I know I do too, my other trips have been extremely therapeutic and amazing, I'm sorry you had that experience, I'm glad it's better now I bet it will just take time for me. Do you think I can move past this?

Hey so I've experienced the EXACT same thing as you lol I thought I was losing my mind. I took some bad x once and my vision for months after was not the same. Like you know how lights look when you're on x, how they kinda of like drag around your vision, almost like a lag? Well it wasn't full blown x vision but it wasn't normal. It went back to normal after a couple of months though. As far as your blunt mixed with LSD I definitely feel you there. Smoking weed while on LSD makes me blast off and now every time I smoke weed, even when I'm not tripping. it's MUCH more psycadelic than it was before I took LSD. So that part of it when you are talking about the "triggers" i wouldnt worry too much...If you really feel like you need to see a doctor, then see a doctor. But I would just wait a couple weeks, don't smoke or drink or do anything just give your body time to heal. You should be fine! :)

EDIT: I meant to say wait a couple months, not a couple weeks. Unless you are seriously concerned, obviously.

Similar experience. I was doing acid and smoked and it turned my trip into a HORRIBLE experience. I stopped doing acid after that. I'm not a smoker anyway, so cutting that out wasn't an issue. As for X or Mol, i get the same feeling (impending doom). I started to realize i just cant really do drugs like that anymore lol I would just stay away from the mind-altering drugs. For me, its that feeling of being trapped in a feeling...if that makes sense? Seeing a doctor is tricky because they usually assume you're an addict which is annoying. Molly or X hangovers are common. They fuck up your dopamine/serotonin levels so you end up having almost like an emotional hangover. I stick to drinking (sometimes blow) lol. Good luck :)

Guys, I think you're describing HPPD. Google it, it's pretty descriptive. As for the anxiety, acid makes my anxiety go through the roof and it becomes uncontrollable. The last time I tripped, I had a seizure and my mind wouldn't stop for days after. But it wasn't the only time I felt that way. I've had like 4 bad trips and they all happen because I think I'm fully recovered and then I drop another tab and BAM! It's all bad. It makes my mind race and the last time, I only had half a tab and I was completely gone. I was having panic attacks every five minutes and I couldn't tell reality from my own imagination. It was hell. At some point, I was seeing another reality, it was pretty insane. It was a reality where I was in a coma or something and my parents were there watching me and there was a doctor there, too. I felt like if I let go, I would wake up from my coma and be happy. But part of me was scared to let go because I thought it may just be psychosis. For weeks after that, I couldn't slow down my thoughts. Eventually, I taught myself to meditate with deep breaths until I found complete bliss. Now when I get angry or anxious or sad, I go back to bliss and I can be happy again. Anxiety is some crazy shit, but the best way I found to get rid of it is to just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. Live in this moment and do something. Occupy your mind and your body. The most important thing is to accept that you might be crazy. In the end, if you are, fuck it. Enjoy it and be happy. Redefine the word normal, normal is you and everyone else is crazy. Have faith in something, it can be God or even the law of attraction (look it up it's really interesting). You will get better, I promise. You just need to believe it, too. Your mind is incredibly powerful. Lay off the drugs and let your body return to homeostasis. And play some sports, they are super involved and occupy your mind.i wish you he best. PS: I stopped drinking, smoking, and dropping tabs because my anxiety is too much when I'm not sober and completely in control.

Thank you everyone for responding I really appreciate it it makes me feel better knowing I can talk about what happened I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. And okay I've been doing a lot of research I'm pretty much positive I actually took DOB or something in that family. Has anyone taken that?

I wouldn't worry about it too much Lyddfries. If you're legitimately concerned, talk to a doctor, not strangers online.
Best wishes!

Thank you everyone for responding I really appreciate it it makes me feel better knowing I can talk about what happened I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. And okay I've been doing a lot of research I'm pretty much positive I actually took DOB or something in that family. Has anyone taken that?

DOB lasts about 16 hours give or take an 1 hour. LSD lasts 8 hours max.

Pure LSD can definitely cause a traumatic experience too. As you already know, marijuana often transforms trips that would have been fine into full-blown bad trips because it tends to produce anxiety on its own, and it also greatly potentiates psychedelics. There's really no point in trying to speculate whether you took something else, and obsessing over it is only going to make you feel worse. Either way, it's in the past now, just try to focus on getting better. You should refrain from taking any drugs at all, and exercise and eat well, get plenty of sleep. Things will improve for you, it just might take a little time.

Weed does a lot more than people give it credit for. Many of the people coming in here posting about a bad trip have some part of the trip that involves smoking a large amount of cannabis preceding their freak out.

Thank you for replying.. means a lot it helps to get more people's opinions. I have a feeling I didn't get pure acid:/ And I know I do too, my other trips have been extremely therapeutic and amazing, I'm sorry you had that experience, I'm glad it's better now I bet it will just take time for me. Do you think I can move past this?

sorry replying so late, but i def think you can! i just took a 6 month break from tripping and then i was fine again. i think bad trips can rly trigger very bad anxiety but i think it generally passes!