• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

LSD.. most influential substance yet to date?

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
This thread is for everything LSD brought about in remarkable cultural change and it’s remarkable story. Easily arguably the most influential substance ever.. lets here what you think it’s done and to whom?

It definitely had a substantial cultural impact. It's the most well-known psychedelic drug by far, and it has a very interesting backstory

As far as its overall impact on society, though, I'm not sure...various groups, from the hippies to the CIA, had high hopes for LSD at one point or another but the drug failed to live up to their expectations, whether for world peace or mind control...it is an extremely famous drug, though, and it has the potential to relieve numerous ailments, something long known by the psychiatric field

It certainly inspired a lot in regards to chemistry, and people looking into different things in an effort to get crazy awesome psychoactive effects from chemicals.

Last edited:
Guy invented the computer mouse on LSD, Hypertext the keyboard aswell network computers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Engelbart https://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/22/...n-drop-out-start-the-computer-revolution.html https://ryan-baldwin.medium.com/where-would-we-be-without-lsd-52b7d7bd9343

LSD imo is the #1 most important human discovery ever in the history of the human race and will forever be the #1 discovery since it changed the world forever and took humanity to the fucking next level.

Steve jobs created apple on LSD

Francis crick took LSD in 1950's discovered DNA double helix

Karly mullis invented PCR on LSD 1000 ug
Richard feyman did LSD came up with quantum physics and models

Created endless music. Saved millions of people from suicide.

As a chemist LSD and other psychedelics are the holy grail of chemistry. Through chemistry we came to know the holy spirit is alive and the universe is divine and so are we.

It is certainly the most revered chemical in my life. Hands down. Beyond it's amazing history there is something special about LSD that even DMT can't match. It's my favorite chemical TBH.

The only psychedelic stronger than LSD is 5meo dmt imo. Even DMT can not touch LSD in extreme doses. If you know how to unlock the true LSD experince anything is possible your mind has no limits its hard to do and you might lose yourself trying to attempt to gain access to the full range of LSD effects though and become crazy

Idk I've always found dmt experiences to be more divine, but it doesn't make LSD any less noteworthy or important. But I won't claim to have taken lsd in such extreme doses. I'm happy to try though 😜

I have yet to have that special trip on lsd, mainly due to either bad setting. Weak tabs. I did see some joy in AL-LAD so i do understand it and can see why so many people to consider it "the holy grail" as i will call it.

I found psychdelic truffles to be absolutely astonishing. I truley believe that first breakthrough trip is hard to acheive again without some factors that play into it such as current life events,healthy mind and body, as well as of course setting

Remember psychdelics are still drugs and although lsd is one of the safer known psychedelics in humans ( probably safest in terms of ld 50 in most recreational drugs bar maybe cannabis and some other things i am not thinking of possibly.it still can have some detrimental effects on certain individuals of not a sound mind.

I do agree lsd is probably one of the most influencial drugs in the psychdelic scene but also we could talk about some other substances.

Phenylethalamines , tryptamines, benzodiazepines, opiates, anethsthetics such as ketamine ect all have their place in understanding the human brain, the worlds mystery.

If only the corrupt governments didnt ban these drugs and maybe we would know alot more than we do now.

Oh and i guess ergot is the worlds most influencial substance ?

Without that would lsd ever of been discovered?

LSD has played a substantial role in the human story.... especially the last century. I personally hold LSD in high regards.... not just in the let's take some L and go party and see a show way ( I'm absolutely not above this 😃) but also in a almost divine / religious way as well. I believe the occasional profound experiences or introspective revelations can be life changing.

I just ordered 20 trips so I may have more to add in a few days. In the meantime I'd say that LSD is the only drug that hasn't substantially damaged me. I find it very useful for removing or alleviating the desire to take a lot of other drugs - especially amphetamines and alcohol. It's a shame it doesn't play well with antipsychotics though.

It's no "shame" that LSD "doesn't play well with anti-psychotics" - it's just the way things are. anti-psychotics are antagonists on dopamine- and serotonine receptors in the brain, whereas LSD is an agonist on these receptors.

If you take both it's like trying to open a door with one hand while closing it with the other - except that it will be more likely for you to break, instead of the door!

It's no "shame" that LSD "doesn't play well with anti-psychotics" - it's just the way things are. anti-psychotics are antagonists on dopamine- and serotonine receptors in the brain, whereas LSD is an agonist on these receptors.

If you take both it's like trying to open a door with one hand while closing it with the other - except that it will be more likely for you to break, instead of the door!
I was very surprised to find that Abilify does not seem to significantly interfere with LSD. Or at least it still allowed for a mind-blowing trip complete with very satisfying visuals and synaesthesia for hours on 250 ug. Seroquel however, stopped it in its tracks after about 12 hours of fun.

No other drug is produced or distributed quite like LSD. For many years a drug being almost solely provided by a small group of chemists and a jam band, at least in the US.. Unlike normal drugs, when you ran out LSD you just waited til the Dead came through again. And later of course many others.

Also due to its somewhat difficult synthesis mixed with not so easy to obtain precursor (in quantity) its the only drug that is made by very few individuals. LSD is the illicit drug with the fewest chemists per dose distributed by far, which makes for a unique distribution chain.

You’d think with such a market control by only a few there would be a high mark up, but the beauty of the drug shines through even its producers. As it’s nearly impossible to not accidentally dose yourself on occasion or by the very air you breath just being around pure LSD. For being controlled by few it’s so reasonably priced for all to be able to enjoy, lots of times being given away.

I also think it’s one that lingers in the mind longer than other psychedelics, which is more likely to cause long term changes. For weeks after a good experience one is motivated, creative, looking at the world from a new perspective.

It’s pretty good shit man.

-GC