View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Mindset

ShagadelicHaze

Greenlighter
Whats up folks? New member here, is this forum still lively active?
Getting into it..have you ever used LSD in hopes of finding an answer to a troubling problem? I cant say i have but it seems whenever i end up doing acid its in a spontaneous moment where moments before i hadent considered doing it any time soon. Ive never gone into a trip with a pretrip ritual, seeking a specific answer. I go in seeking an answer, i just dont know what the question is. I dont advise going into a trip with any type of negativity lingering in the back of your mind.

My regular trip buddy and i were chillin, smokin some bud and got the random bright idea to get a tab each. So prior to my dude linking up my uncle told me he was kicking me out of his apartment cause i didnt do something he said(petty). So on our way to get the tabs i have that in the back of my mind thinking "this recent news my just cause me to have a bad trip...fuck it lets see what happens..." My dude and i get them, a half g of blow and drive to the monuments at DC while we anticipate the come up. Throughout the night we walk around the mall, talking about our lives and different perspectives on our very similar beliefes, we end up smoking a blunt on the top step of the lincoln memorial around 3 am and i notice..im not letting that bad news affect my trip at all! In fact its really helping me stay in the moment and enjoy it! I just kept telling myself "everything will be alright, youll figure it out, you always do. Worry about that later though, right now youre trippin with your main mans." Having this experience really makes me take into perspective of the strength of my mind. I feel like most people going into acid with a bad mindset or with news like i had would crumple and revert into the fetal position beging their friends for their phone to call their moms lol. I dont mean to sound cocky, but can anyone relate? Anyone actually go into a trip negatively and come out shining, or even go down that dark rabbit hole? What did you learn from those experiences? I feel like you shouldnt go into a trip without intentions of coming out of it with a life lesson that will help you develope a short term or long term plan to gear yourself towards success in the future. Lemme know!

It's been a long time since I dropped (maybe 20 years) but I definitely remember the two rules of taking LSD. 1) You must be in a good mood/have a positive mindset. 2) Don't look in the mirror while tripping - lol! I never had a bad trip myself but saw my friends have some and it was not pretty. FYI - What did seem to help one friend was putting a bag of frozen peas on his head. But I remember the feeling of being connected to something greater than could be explained in words. As you said, I definitely would not try and make any long term life plans from an acid trip. I remember walking around a golf course all night with a buddy of mine while tripping hard on three hits of white blotter. We had some deep conversations and it was very cool to be in such a big place with all the stars visible. I would say it is something people should try, but I went a little overboard for about a year with the stuff. The worst bad trip I ever saw was when a friend of mine mixed coke with acid. He was doing ok until he did some lines and then he freaked out. Started yelling at the walls and pounding his hands against his skull, also put his fist through a wall. For some reason he became hostile towards another person he didn't know too well. It was a small gathering and this poor guy just could not stop laughing so he took out his anger on him. Someone took him home before it got violent. He later calmed down when the laughing guy left, but stayed to himself mostly chatting with the toaster. My friend who had the bad trip was not a violent person, but later described to us that he thought he was in some sort of kingdom where he was the king but everyone treated him like the joker.