• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

LSD micro dosing and sleep

bflost2016

Greenlighter
I am wondering if there are any studies or experiences that people may know of related to taking LSD just prior to falling asleep?

if you we're to take 10ug of LSD just before falling asleep would it wake you up, would you have more lucid dreams, or would you achieve better REM sleep?

Not really sure. Although, I have microdosed morning glory seeds and had very vivid and sexual dreams one time. Not sure if that would work well for everyone as it didn't consistently with me, but I have noticed it myself and it was amazing =D L tends to be very stimulating (and so do all psychedelics), so there is always the chance that it may simply lead to insomnia. I don't have that much experience with this, but I think it can sometimes (but generally not) lead to amazing lucid dreams. It can also just lower the quality of sleep and even lead to insomnia, I think it's kind of a gamble. That one time it led to lucid dreaming, but 2/3 of my microdosing experiences just led to reduced sleep quality and insomnia, which is probably more common. I think that generally speaking microdosing before bed is just likely to reduce sleep quality rather than improve it.

Might be better to use ergine-containing seeds than acid itself, because LSA has much more of a sedating quality than stimulant effect.

Might be better to use ergine-containing seeds than acid itself, because LSA has much more of a sedating quality than stimulant effect.

Yeah, but even that only caused the lucid dreaming once. The other times just caused insomnia and/or less restful sleep. All in all, I'd say that psychedelics simply do not generally lend themselves to sleeping..... although given the fact that they have effects on consciousness, if you get to sleep, they might continue to alter you in the dream state leading to lucid and/or vivid dreams. As far as inducing lucid dreaming, coleus blumei would probably be a better way to get lucid dreams, as would mugwort.

I thought Coleus was inactive? or is this just due to extraction protocols searching for alkaloidal fractions, when terpenoids might be more likely?

Can you elaborate on the use of mugwort? I'm aware of that property being reputed of it, but how accurate is this? and how is it best used?

Lucid dreams, try high-dose valerian. Will help you sleep too, and my fucking god is it ever intense as.....words fail me here, its just mental as fuck.
Can be so much so that one feels a bit put through the wringer, so to speak, on waking up, not in a downer hangover type way, but just..because of being battered almost, by a tsunami of a storm of intense dreaming.
Its one of my favourite drugs actually, although I wish it didn't exhibit the profound tachyphylaxis that it does.

I thought Coleus was inactive? or is this just due to extraction protocols searching for alkaloidal fractions, when terpenoids might be more likely?

Can you elaborate on the use of mugwort? I'm aware of that property being reputed of it, but how accurate is this? and how is it best used?

Lucid dreams, try high-dose valerian. Will help you sleep too, and my fucking god is it ever intense as.....words fail me here, its just mental as fuck.
Can be so much so that one feels a bit put through the wringer, so to speak, on waking up, not in a downer hangover type way, but just..because of being battered almost, by a tsunami of a storm of intense dreaming.

Coleus isn't inactive, and I even heard that theoretically in impossible to get down without throwing up kind of high doses it could be just as strong as mushrooms, morning glory, LSD, or any other psychedelic. The dosages though for that to be the case are just so outrageously high that one has to either scarf down an entire plant, which would likely induce vomiting thus preventing the effects or use some sort of laboratory-esque procedure to extract alkaloids. So, essentially it would simply be nearly impossible to eat enough to experience any major effects (although one could likely get a mild high from it I guess from reading on erowid). However, eating a leaf or two can be used to induce vivid dreams, and that was what many shamans used it for.

I know nothing about mugwort, just that it has been used traditionally for vivid dreams in European cultures. It's pretty much useless as far as getting high or tripping is concerned, but it does induce more vivid dreaming.

Valerian gets you high? Seriously? I never heard such a thing...... I'm definitely going to try that unless you're just yanking my chain :) I find it hard to believe that a sleep aid is "mental as fuck". Although, I'll check erowid before I believe it. I have no interest in trying it if it's an antichollergenic sleep aid, as I have no interest in that sort of "mental as fuck" 8( For dreaming purposes, you can take like 25-50mg DPH for dreams...... but don't use it to get high, as antichollergenic delirium is horrible! Not a high in my opinion, actually one of the shittiest and most horrifying experiences one can have :(

he probably mixed valerian with something to cause this. from experience, valerian mixes strangely with everything from simple herbs to illegal drugs and it can either cause seriously nasty trip or very swift ride into the dreamland. im pretty sure he mixed it with something to cause intense trip tho, for sure

he probably mixed valerian with something to cause this. from experience, valerian mixes strangely with everything from simple herbs to illegal drugs and it can either cause seriously nasty trip or very swift ride into the dreamland. im pretty sure he mixed it with something to cause intense trip tho, for sure

Valerian might not be the best thing to use to potentiate other drugs. It can lead to liver issues in really rare cases. Nobody actually died, but people have had liver damage from it supposedly. So, mixing it with various psychoactive stuff for potentiation purposes may or may not really be safe health wise. Not sure though, because it did say it's very rare. Just figured I'd mention it, since I just read about this recently. I'm not saying it's necessarily dangerous, but given this it might not be safe from a physical standpoint either. People take it all the time for sleep, so it probably isn't dangerous for that, but mixing it with other drugs may not be a good idea.

http://livertox.nih.gov/Valerian.htm

i have been checking on livertox website the one you gave and it seems almost everything has negative effect on the liver and all of them can either cause severe toxicity in high doses by itself or in particular mix combo fashion. kind of real sad if you also add all the stuff you consume from foods and drinks too and various toxins present daily in lives, it seems liver toxicity will likely occur in all of us at some point but depending on how severe, it might not progress to a serious disease. did you even check all the herbs we consume being capable of causing toxicity? hell, even milk thistle contradictory to its purpose can cause liver problems in another article i have read based on aflatoxins present in the extracts. what does one do? probably just not consume anything really

Why not take melatonin? I never experienced changes in dreams but I have read reports about that before. Its kind of sedating and could have that effect.

Another thing would be to find the time to set a second alarm clock to wake you up and then go back to sleep. You will either dream more or remember the dreams better.
But thats a bit masochistic and has nothing really to do with drugs or psychopharmacology.

The tablets could also contain hops and passion flower, the latter could have interactions with other things.

Last edited: