• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD Megadose - 7 days of hell

When I was younger, I lived by the "go big or go home" philosophy until I met a >1.5mg LSD trip, and that killed it dead real fast. I took my initial dose which was carefully measured out on a spoon, got impatient because I wasn't feeling anything, did the classic "I think I didn't take enough" approach, haphazardly dispensed way too much additional liquid while I was already a bit mind altered, and downed it without hesitation. An hour later I had an "Oh shit..." moment and then I was gone.

My only memory from that night was laying on the floor on my side, unable to move or speak, with my arm stretching, bending and melding into the carpet, reaching a vanishing point off in the distance like an oil painting. The carpet turned into a mountain of carpet and my best friend looked like she was 10 inches tall standing at the top of it, saying, "I think you took too much."

:ROFLMAO:

Probably the only time in my life I had a genuine quasi-psychotic break that lasted for weeks. It took me about 3-6 months to feel grounded and normal again. I walked around for months like a space cadet saying shit like, "Everything is one. Don't worry about anything, all your worries are just god, it's all oneness, there's no reason for problems in this world if we all just see the oneness!!!" It was my answer to everything. Who cared about making money, doing well in school, or pretty much anything... because oneness man!!! My friends were a bit worried but I got better.

OP, not to doubt your story, but other than visual phosphenes persisting for weeks to months (and, incidentally, psychosis), I've never had active tripping beyond 24 hours after dosing LSD, regardless of the amount I took. So I dunno what that's about. May not be LSD in your case, as you mentioned. Or maybe you just lost your mind like I did, heh.

Anyway... keep up your nutrition, especially protein, and do grounding-type activities. Body work is good... like exercise. Swimming, weight lifting, walking in nature, etc. Anything that anchors you to physical reality will help. Your brain will take time to recover.

I remember a story going around the psychedelic community here in Vancouver years ago. Could be an urban legend.

The story goes... a woman was hanging out with her chemist bf. They always did acid together, and he knew how to make acid. He was dissolving a gram crystal of acid in a cup of (I guess) alcohol or water for titration. The woman came into the kitchen and drank the cup of acid. I forget why she drank it. Either she thought he already put her proper dose in the cup, or she just thought it was water because she was thirsty.

Anyway, apparently she just laid there, still breathing, but almost in a death-like state, perfectly still. Many hours later, she came to reality, still heavily tripping, but she was at least aware of herself again.

Later when she was sober, she had no ill effects (yeah right). She said that all that she saw was white. Everything turned white and she was gone.

Always wondered if the story were true. Since 1.5-2mg of acid fucked me up for months, I doubt the story. A gram crystal would probably kill someone? But is there even if an LD50 for LSD?

did the classic "I think I didn't take enough" approach
Such a classic. Love you.

This case was different, i was already incoherent and decided to take next level (though i don't remember that part)

It was almost like touching electricity.

ZAP

Source: I have never worked in a drug lab. I am making this up
Heh. 🥰

Not everyone has access to cGMP or safety standards/laboratory conditions that "should" be mandatory when working with any pharmaceutical compound.

I definitely fucked up because i do have the knowledge to do things safely and I didn't.

you could change the names/handles but I would guess if bluelight is in the title anywhere it wouldn't be hard to figure out who is who....

But damn I do like the idea of having bluelight anthology or idk im not a writer. (kicks english minor in the dick). Id volunteer my wild ass story if it even meets the bar. Its been 7 years.

Than again id hate to hunter biden myself. "so i did a bunch of coke and than went and bought a gun" noooo why would you do that to yourself!

PS. Fuck Trump and its funny AF there 'star witness' was a perjurer working with russians. Silly ass GOP

I remember a story going around the psychedelic community here in Vancouver years ago. Could be an urban legend.

The story goes... a woman was hanging out with her chemist bf. They always did acid together, and he knew how to make acid. He was dissolving a gram crystal of acid in a cup of (I guess) alcohol or water for titration. The woman came into the kitchen and drank the cup of acid. I forget why she drank it. Either she thought he already put her proper dose in the cup, or she just thought it was water because she was thirsty.

Anyway, apparently she just laid there, still breathing, but almost in a death-like state, perfectly still. Many hours later, she came to reality, still heavily tripping, but she was at least aware of herself again.

Later when she was sober, she had no ill effects (yeah right). She said that all that she saw was white. Everything turned white and she was gone.

Always wondered if the story were true. Since 1.5-2mg of acid fucked me up for months, I doubt the story. A gram crystal would probably kill someone? But is there even if an LD50 for LSD?

If it is true the dosage is hyperbole; I think? However with said bag licking experience the last thing I remember was thinking "this is kicking in way too hard way too fast" thought that was gunna be it, found a nice warm blanket and don't remember ish for x hours (still believe 24-36 probably) I just layed there, no memories of what was experienced....

until I suspect I started to come down, at that point I thought it was MY job to keep the plannets all aligned and rotating properly. You can imagine trying to run the logistics on that was quite frustrating and I thought the universe was to end because I failed....*cringe*

If it is true the dosage is hyperbole; I think? However with said bag licking experience the last thing I remember was thinking "this is kicking in way too hard way too fast" thought that was gunna be it, found a nice warm blanket and don't remember ish for x hours (still believe 24-36 probably) I just layed there, no memories of what was experienced....

until I suspect I started to come down, at that point I thought it was MY job to keep the plannets all aligned and rotating properly. You can imagine trying to run the logistics on that was quite frustrating and I thought the universe was to end because I failed....*cringe*

It's just weird because more acid does not make it last longer, it just makes it more intense. My >1.5mg trip was still 10-12 hours, but I was fried from it. 24--36 hours is a long time to be tripping on acid. Sounds like like NBOMe territory.

Yea I got a tab of DOM or DOC I forget what but it was sold to me as L, I take it on friday I have court for some pissy reason on monday....but Im still trippin on sunday. Freaked me out!

IDK man I have never had direct exposure to LSD like OP..... 1.5 MG is definitely well I use to take a ten strip so at 100 ugs per on average I suppose it isn't unreasonable. I expect this was much more?

you could change the names/handles but I would guess if bluelight is in the title anywhere it wouldn't be hard to figure out who is who....
We could do a book. And even a movie. For that we need you to do the opening credit/theme song with your talent. ;) Maybe this could possibly happen. But even with just a book we can all contribute a story or two. I mean we have members that surpassed the consumption of say Hunter S Thompson and his escapades. Members that took enough dissociatives to make John C Lilly look like an occasional user. People that gave up astronomical benzo abuse. Yeah there are stories I bet!

Last edited:
Wow. I once licked the inside of a bag of nbome and had a similar level of "oh fuck". Greed was my sin too, couldn't stand to look at that baggy coated in powder after I ran out of doses. Justified it with, well the law is gunna change you don't want this layin around....

Sorry that happened man.

take away for people reading this, if you have lsd (or most any psych) in pure form you need to be very very careful and keep your mouth tf away from it. Better to waste than end up wasted (in a bad way).
The nbome lick is most certainly rolling the mortality dice

I once had a rather royally greedy evening with a bottle of red wine and I ended up popping a few more than planned on nbome tabs before I read about how they can actually kill you

I admire people that can do a lot of acid and enjoy it.

Shit is wild.
Fluff family touring with Dead they must have a tribe in Cali they do a mega load

Psytribes now probably are the people taking the most psytrance gatherings now spreading in North America like the ones on Fractaltribe's festival guide

I used to look in awe at acid pushers who lived with a nomadic tripping tribe at jamband concerts now I just see them as a different type of culture the mystique is no longer mystical but it's still unique

Last edited:
The nbome lick is most certainly rolling the mortality dice

I once had a rather royally greedy evening with a bottle of red wine and I ended up popping a few more than planned on nbome tabs before I read about how they can actually kill you

Eckh that stuff. On another occasion I had someone gobble up 30 1 mg altoids that were marked with a star like shape in the middle. Managed to do it in such a way they never tripped as well! aparrently thought they were speed of some kind....I was genuinely worried but the most bothered ol dude was when I told him "that was like 30 hits of acid-ish and no you can't keep poppin em like rids".

Truly strange that fellow did not trip at that level. antidepressant perhaps? I dont know

We could do a book. And even a movie. For that we need you to do the opening credit/theme song with your talent. ;) Maybe this could possibly happen. But even with just a book we can all contribute a story or two. I mean we have members that surpassed the consumption of say Hunter S Thompson and his escapades. Members that took enough dissociatives to make John C Lilly look like an occasional user. People that gave up astronomical benzo abuse. Yeah there are stories I bet!

We definitely could and it would be a good read. I would have some concerns about how and international law. (mainly the laws I don't know)
But if the powers that be see it fit im good for a story or two, uh theoretically.

Haha I would be honored but I think my talents may have been exagerated (sp). Gimme a jingle and a general theme ill give it a try but I suspect we probably have alot of artistic talent to tap here that goes deeper than mine.

I like the idea; I don't know if it is smart. Maybe raise some money for BL or a cause or w/e? This story itself is fairly rare (I think) *throws didgigal on the spot in my place and runs off into the night.