View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd/ mdma seeming to have a cross over effect

lovinglife9875

Greenlighter
Hey all, my first post so still getting used to the site etc, after taking lsd (only tried it once I had 2 tabs) but now whenever mdma is used, it's significantly more trippy not in a club etc but when it's starting to die down I get mild hallucinations but alot more than before I tried lsd is this normal? I know mdma is classed as a psychedelic but never had any visuals other than the first time I ever tried mdma any experiences like this? Thanks

Hey welcome

I guess tripping put things in a different perspective for you and you can now relate the tripping experiences to certain effects... interpreting some of the things MDMA can do as psychedelic. Part of the MDMA turns into MDA in your body and MDA is relatively a lot more psychedelic in action. It takes time to convert which is probably why it is more trippy towards the end. Also initially the monoamine release (the rolling effects) may override other effects a bit.

Finding pure MDA would get you a much more trippy experience than MDMA and it is more 'efficient' than taking unhealthy doses of MDMA to large quantities of MDA conversion.

Also some newer MDA like substances may also be of interest like the benzo furanyls.

Yeah, I definitely started noticing the psychedelic effects at the end of MDMA much more after taking LSD, but I couldn't say for sure that the two are connected. I've known many people to experience those effects from MDMA before ever taking any other psychedelics in their life. It's just a normal effect of MDMA really; smoking weed helps bring it out even more. Most people only get it around the end too likely from the conversion into MDA, like Solipsis said, but MDMA itself is also psychedelic and so every now and then you meet someone who is so sensitive to tripping that they get a full psychedelic effect from it at the very beginning. I've met two people like this so far. I'm very jealous of these people, both of the trips they get on MDMA sound fantastic. 8o I've read one or two reports on Erowid over the years like that as well.

^
I am number 3 =D as soon as I dose higher than around 150mg I get full blown hallucinations during my entire roll. These only happen when I smoke lots of weed though and they intensify when the roll dies down to around the strength of a 300µg LSD trip. But I see weird shit during my entire roll. Bats coming out of speakers, people with facial tattoos that appear and disappear, multi-coloured birds flying over the crowd, breathing walls, lasers burning holes in everything, golden chariot without horses flying through the sky. I've seen a lot of cool stuff =D

I don't think it's related to having used psychedelics but that it's an effect from the MDMA on it's own. And yes indeed I like it A LOT =D it really are some amazing visuals and they are unique too, don't look like visuals from any other hallucinogen I've ever tried. In a way they are MUCH more lifelike, less manufactured like most other psychedelics seem to be, like they are real (of course you know they are not, but they look like it)

I can tell you that if you do not know this is possible and you are like me very susceptible to this it's COMPLETE panic the first time it happens. "Am I overheating? Did I take too much? Did someone slip something in my drink?" and so on. It's only after about 15 minutes that I was starting to enjoy them when they first happened, but the first 15 minutes I was really freaking the fuck out 8( What's also weird is that I never got them the first few years I rolled. Then one night they occurred for the first time and after that one time I have them every time I roll. I wonder what that one night changed in me that they occur every time now...

Oh and I could be wrong but I've done MDA before and I find the visuals and general feeling to be different from an MDA trip. But I've only done MDA twice so I could just as likely be wrong so it could be in fact due to the MDMA being metabolized to MDA...

Last edited:
Hehe, lucky you. :p But yep, that sounds exactly like what my friends get. One of them just tried it for the first time in a week ago and was tripping at least that hard from 100 mg alone, and we had weed and nitrous too. She was getting so lost in the delirious happiness, at one point I put on this song just to overload her with giggly bubbly feelings and she started laughing her ass off and saying that there were squirrels exploding out of the TV screen and melting into the background of the environment. X)

Thanks for the responses guys :) for the people who are jealous I'd much rather be able to trip on low doses of acid ;) my usual dose for a roll is around 100-150 mg of mdma sometimes in pills when from a trusted source but much prefer crystals :) but with acid I took 2 "strong" tabs n they lasted about 6-7 hours not many visuals walls breathed watched a few movies the actors turned into skeletons n back to people and having mad fight scenes, I imagine they didn't really happen as it was a wild west film... was cool but nowhere near as intense as I'd like so may try 3-4 tabs next time :') the mdma visuals are really cool I love the eye shakes I get aswell although hard to see where you're dancing :') also does anyone have any experience with lsd in a club setting? as I'm well aware of serotonin syndrome that can occur with rolling to often and a low dose of lsd would seem like a good alternative, health wise ime music sounds better on acid than mdma

Last edited:
I think this is pretty normal since lsd goes on your mood.
For example while on lsd if my cat took out (NOT EVEN EAT) an oxy my trip will start to center around the pill and itll seem to shine just because my body knows that this little pill COULD give me pleasure.
She was never real big with rolling with her cid but did notice weed, ketamine, and other substances amping up her trip.

MDMA can be pretty damn visual, I think a lot of people forget that.

mdma hasn't isn't usually visual for me, usually it's taken in a nightclub setting so will have strobe lights/fog machines so if there were any visuals they'd most likely be overlooked unless they were pretty obvious, as someone above posted they tend to be on the comedown which could well be the conversion into MDA