Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD less strong the second time?

orientalcarpet

Greenlighter
This is my first post. Hey everybody.

The first time i dropped acid was pretty much the most amazing experience ever. I've never felt that happy and emotional and excited at once, and everything looked swirly and colorful and insane. It was just one tab, but i was still completely incapacitated by it. However, the next time i tried it, I took one and barely felt anything. I waited about an hour and a half, but didn't notice any effects. I was with two other friends who each took one tab and were tripping pretty hard within the first hour. Eventually, I took another and had a relatively intense trip, but without any of the visuals i was expecting. Any ideas on why this happened? I noticed that i also have a very high tolerance on shrooms recently too. I only weigh about 110 lbs and am a girl. I plan on taking my last tab soon, but I'm worried that it won't work on its own.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to Bluelight / PD :)

There are a number of reasons that could lessen psychedelic effects off the bat, like use of some medication or having used a lot of psychedelics recently since there is cross-tolerance. I assume you are aware of how tolerance works?

Apart from normal tolerance which can take about a week to go down (though most of it is gone after a few days, yet it can subtly have a much more chronic effect), there is also setting based tolerance and your first trip is always bound to be extra novel. Somehow I still think there are other factors involved.

It would help to know what kind of medications and drugs you take and how often.

Welcome, Solipsis has some valid questions that may generate insight, also the first time thing always for me sets the experience apart from others.

The first time I took LSD, I could barely fathom what taking 2 or 3 hits would be like. Mental anticipation, set, and setting always play a big factor as well. Your first time you really don't know what to expect, your second you were waiting for something. Not saying you mentally blocked your own trip, but I know this much there have been many times when I expected very little out of a small marginal 'threshold' dose and I was pleasantly surprised.

this is very similar to my first experience with MDMA, went to a Rave for the first time dropped and was very very impressed, then 2 weeks later exact same product same singular hit and not the same effects - Yeah..... tolerance was there as well but it was also an expectation of events and feelings rather then just a surprise.

If the trips were close togeather you likely had a tolerance and this was the cause for the lack of visuals.