View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd lasting visual effects?

Tortuga

Greenlighter
After taking lsd about 5-6 times (last time being about 3 weeks ago) i've noticed that some subtle effects are still lingering around like how i can still notice wave like movements of objects and my surroundings when im completly sober... not as intensly as an actually trip but enough to the point its noticable. Ive also noticed that within my peripheral view the outlines of objects are obscured to the point where its almost like im seeing double. I also often see small floaters in my view though i really don't pay to much mind to them. These area few things i have been starting to notice after taking lsd, though none of this is really a big problem for me i am starting to worry mostly about my vision. If i continue using psychadelics will my vision be fucked? I have bad eyesight normally and ill probally kill myself if i go blind, i could be delusional about all this but has anyone experienced something similar or know of anyone who has had similar experiences?

I have residual visuals from LSD and it's been years since my last trip. In some people they fade with time, in others they never go away. It's not actually fucking up your vision... your eyes work just fine. It has to do with how your brain is processing visual information.

A lot of people worship LSD like it's some kind of god molecule. Although I think it's an amazing psychedelic, one I will always come back to, the lingering visual changes are evidence of its imperfect interaction with the human brain, IMO.

No worries man, I have taken 150+ trips on LSD over about a seven year time span.

You get used to it.

We humans are created to adapt to our conditions.

I haven't taken acid in five years now but I still dabble with other psychedelics, so maybe this response holds no true value in your case.

You are psyching yourself out man, you're okay.

Lay off if you need to, but I would say with only a few trips under your belt within six months to a year you won't notice them anymore.

It's different for everyone, but don't fret.

Yeah man, if you are worried about it and it gives you anxiety take a month or two off most drugs and keep the marijuana smoking down as well as that potentiates the visuals a bit. I have some visual noise for a week or two after I trip, and for a week after trying ETH-LAD (another lysergamide, a compound of the same class) I was seeing patterns when I smoked, I was watching breaking bad and their were complex patterns in Walter Whites head that kept distracting me lol. It tones down to be very subtle and some like it, some don't.