View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD lasting effects?

zambezi

Greenlighter
Can LSD cause brain fog and loss of focus after use?

So a few weeks ago a close friend of mine took a tab of what was supposedly LSD. He had been excited to do it for some time and he wanted me to keep an eye on him. The tab had an image of one of the beatles members on one side and was white on the other, there was however a faint pink stain on the white side. As soon as he put it in his mouth he told me it tasted bitter, but he assumed it was just the ink and left it in his mouth and eventually swallowed it.

He started feeling the effects within 45 minutes and tripped for roughly 12 hours. The come up peak were fine, he seemed to have a blast, laughing uncontrollably, dancing to music, and staring intensely towels and other random stuff. But it was after the peak that he started to feel really anxious and nervous. He complained about not being able to concentrate and just wanted the trip to end. He also said he felt dizzy and unbalanced during the walks we took even though he seemed to be walking fine to me.

Since that trip he hasn't felt the same. He's still the same person I know but always tells complains about a constant brain fog and inability to focus. He also says he feels a dissociation from his body similarly to what he felt during the trip. He keeps saying that he thinks he has brain damage, although based on the research done on LSD this is impossible. Are feeling like this after LSD normal, is it just all in his head, any information on my friend's experiences would be helpful?

LSD works in two phases, the second of which involves heavy dopamine receptor activation. For some this causes energy, some get paranoid, and others just feel a little more clearheaded. It sounds like your friend got the paranoid/anxious effects. LSD can have some lingering visual or psychological effects for up to a week or two after on its own, and the nature of those effects will reflect the nature of the trip. Given that, it's not surprising that your friend is still anxious. Anxiety is self-perpetuating though, and worrying about something which would fade away on its own will only keep it around longer. Tell your friend to be calm, it will return to normal if he lets it. Make sure he believes you though.... It won't get better very easily if he says he'll stop worrying but secretly doesn't.

By the way, despite the taste, the experience you had sounds very much like LSD. It certainly may have just been the ink taste, though of course I couldn't say for sure.

I'm gonna venture to say that I'm 99% sure it was an nbome chemical; on nbomes I acted much like your friend,staring at towels, laughing uncontrollably, having a pointlessly goods time. But that sounds nothing like an LSD experience to me, given my experiences with both chems. LSD never caused brain fog or focus loss in anyone I know; however, 25i-nbome has caused perma-headaches, loss of focus, and a feeling of 'not being right' in everyone I know who took it, including myself. Ink cannot be that bitter. It wasn't LSD, LSD is tasteless, or at worst barely noticeable in taste. LSD doesn't kick in that quick compared to 25i.

LSD is freeing. It gives lasting feelings of meaning and clarity. It doesn't cause the effects your friend has noted. I'd be willing to bet my life that he didn't take LSD.

It's the story of our time, the new generation which I am a part of no longer can find LSD, and get nbomes passed off instead, which lead to hospitalizations and brain damage. Having taken both 25i and LSD, I can tell you the two are nothing alike, and if any of these new trippers had taken LSD before, they would never believe an nbome to be LSD.

My condolences to your friend; after over a year since any of our use of 25i, my friends and I still feel damaged by it. All we can do is warn future users. It's important to never call an nbome "acid", LSD is acid, and nothing else is, not even "different acid".

Sounds a lot like n bome to me I fuck with it a lot. every batch I've had except 2 were pink on the back.

on nbomes I acted much like your friend,staring at towels, laughing uncontrollably, having a pointlessly goods time. But that sounds nothing like an LSD experience to me

How much LSD have you taken...? LSD makes me laugh uncontrollably more than any drug I've ever taken. And "starting at towels" is not enough to say anything one way or another.... That applies to literally anything with visuals and proves nothing.

given my experiences with both chems. LSD never caused brain fog or focus loss in anyone I know

Ever met someone with HPPD?

LSD doesn't kick in that quick compared to 25i.

Yes it does.... I really don't even know what else to say to that. Starting to feel effects in 45 minutes is *extremely* normal for LSD.

I'm not saying that it's definitely one thing or another either way, but those are VERY weak points against it being LSD....

Okay, I'm a bit drunk; I have had LSd kick in within the first hour, and I have laughed uncontrolBLY AND HAD BATHROOM VISUALS ON :lsd OF COURSE, SO YOU'RE RIGHT, THATR'S NOT A KEY INDICator. But LSD never cause me serious issues. IDK about the actual dosahge, JUST DONE LIKE three doses every time usually. I'm just gonna poiunt out it never had a taste. To me, HPPD is an extension of people who had bad trips. Everyone I know had good times on LSD, but I've seen 25i cause HPPD a number of times. The OP didn't provide much info, but the simple fact that it's bitter signifoies that it's an nbome to me; LSD has never had a taste.

Haha.... The thing is though, just because LSD hasn't caused you issues doesn't mean it hasn't caused anyone issues ever. I 100% guarantee you that you can find people who tried LSD in the '60s and had problems from it; my family has a lot of big acidheads in it and I've heard plenty of stories about it. LSD is fantastic for many people, but there's no drug that has never given anyone lasting problems before. About HPPD, I mostly agree.... I think it's often a symptom from bad trips, though not necessarily always. But even if it is, do you think LSD can't cause bad trips? If so then you are HIGHLY mistaken.... LSD can take you to either heaven or hell, believe me. And I see, well since you agreed to my points at first I guess the question of how much you've done is no longer valid lol....

About the taste, all I'll say is that there isn't actually any proof that the bitter taste was a NBOMe, or any drug at all. I've seen people pass on blotters before that I can absolutely guarantee were LSD because of the heavy ink taste. Not everyone is overly acquainted with bitter tastes or what exactly should or shouldn't qualify as bitter in relation to drugs sold as LSD.... Sometimes if people expect it to be either bitter or nothing, any taste is immediately thought of as bitter. I fell into this trap myself before becoming better acquainted with a variety of psychedelics. As for the pink stain that was mentioned, I know you didn't personally reference this, but there are records on Erowid of blotters from the seventies with pink (and several other colors) stains that were tested and have their exact LSD dosage information given.

Again, I'm not saying it's definitely LSD... I just don't think you can say it's definitely a NBOMe either. In fact I think it's probably equally difficult to claim that it's either for sure. There's a reason you're not supposed to ask for drug IDs, after all.

Last edited:
I can agree that there is a high degree of variance between batches, and I must admit I've only had legit LSD 4 times; but I'm willing to bet if it's at all 'bitter' it's not LSD. For the OP's sake, I'm gonna assume it's an nbome, since if I were to describe any of my LSD trips, staring at towels and laughing uncontrollably were only symptoms of nbomes; on LSD, I was too busy marveling at the size of the universe and the oneness of life. Thank god for google spell check!

I will also point out that the taste of nbomes is VERY strong, indistinguishable from anything else. If you have to question whether it's LSD, it may very well be LSD. If you're like "Damn this is bitter" then it most deffinitely isn't LSD.

Thanks for the quick and informative responses, you guys are awesome!!! :) Honestly I think my friend's trip just took a turn for the worse on the comedown, he told me he was miserable during it because he just wanted to stop tripping. He's also a hypochondriac to some extent and was worrying about brain damage and perma tripping before, during, and after the trip (more so after the trip and during comedown). I think it's just in his head because I know another guy who got a tab from the same batch and is fine. The negative nature of the comedown is what I think got to him and scared him into believing he fucked up his brain. I've read that bad trips can have a lasting mental effect so I think this is likely what happened.

I also forgot to mention that he's been getting piss drunk at least twice a week every week for the whole year (first year at university). I think if there is anything wrong with his brain it's more because of the alcohol than from the supposed LSD.

Anyways I'll continue to keep an eye on him and support him in anyway I can, I'm sure he'll get better in few weeks time.

Last edited:
I can agree that there is a high degree of variance between batches, and I must admit I've only had legit LSD 4 times; but I'm willing to bet if it's at all 'bitter' it's not LSD. For the OP's sake, I'm gonna assume it's an nbome, since if I were to describe any of my LSD trips, staring at towels and laughing uncontrollably were only symptoms of nbomes; on LSD, I was too busy marveling at the size of the universe and the oneness of life. Thank god for google spell check!

That may be, but what you do on LSD has no relevance here. I have actually (surprisingly; if it was any other object I probably wouldn't have a story for it) heard a guaranteed LSD story about staring at towels. My dad once told me about an old friend of his back in the '60s who took some of her parents' strong LSD and spent most of the trip in the bathroom watching the towels sing to her. If you don't think that things like that and laughing uncontrollably (which happens to me almost every time I take it) can easily happen on LSD during any trip, trust me, you need to take it more often! It's good for you. ;)

I will also point out that the taste of nbomes is VERY strong, indistinguishable from anything else. If you have to question whether it's LSD, it may very well be LSD. If you're like "Damn this is bitter" then it most deffinitely isn't LSD.

We have no idea how bitter the blotter actually was though, and as I said I've met people before who think a blotter is bitter because there's ink on it. There is truly no way for us to tell, and the only way we could even get a better idea is to ask the OP exactly how bitter it was (as he didn't say).

Again, I'm not saying it was or wasn't LSD. All I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't be saying it's definitely a NBOMe either. Even if it's bitter, that doesn't necessarily make it a NBOMe, and you have no more idea what was on that blotter than anyone else. In a situation like this, telling someone that they *definitely* took something that caused them brain damage is doing more harm than good. Why don't you give them a chance to get better before telling them they've definitely fucked themselves over?

Thanks for the quick and informative responses, you guys are awesome!!! :) Honestly I think my friend's trip just took a turn for the worse on the comedown, he told me he was miserable during it because he just wanted to stop tripping. He's also a hypochondriac to some extent and was worrying about brain damage and perma tripping before, during, and after the trip (more so after the trip and during comedown). I think it's just in his head because I know another guy who got a tab from the same batch and is fine. The negative nature of the comedown is what I think got to him and scared him into believing he fucked up his brain. I've read that bad trips can have a lasting mental effect so I think this is likely what happened.

I also forgot to mention that he's been getting piss drunk at least twice a week every week for the whole year (first year at university). I think if there is anything wrong with his brain it's more because of the alcohol than from the supposed LSD.

Anyways I'll continue to keep an eye on him and support him in anyway I can, I'm sure he'll get better in few weeks time.

That's a good mindset to keep. :) Good luck with him recovering!

So... how bitter was the blotter exactly?

In my experience the blotter is either very notably bitter or tasteless. I'm no super-taster or anything but i think it's somewhat safe to say it's an easy distinction to make. NBOMe is insanely bitter, and LSD blotter may have a hint of 'off' to it but it's not wretchedly bitter.

Still, there are different types of LSD trip. One can trip blissfully through 12 hours, which is the goal, but often times we do the 6 hours of visualization and 6 hours of internalization. These different reactions have been well documented. Could have been NBOMe, too.

Was this referring to yourself in third person present before the blotter or was it induced by the chemical?

Just fucking with you man, I think you just need some good rest, give it some time don't worry about it and take it easy.

It's a heavy experience for the body and mind and I think you just need some time to rest and then you'll feel baseline again. I mean, your friend. Focus on exercising, doing normal stuff and enjoying it. You know how it is, watch good films engage in your hobbies, take your mind off of this and have a positive attitude.

Don't take psychedelics again and take some time off all drugs if you can.

In my experience the blotter is either very notably bitter or tasteless. I'm no super-taster or anything but i think it's somewhat safe to say it's an easy distinction to make. NBOMe is insanely bitter, and LSD blotter may have a hint of 'off' to it but it's not wretchedly bitter.

You'd think so.... All I can do is keep repeating that I have seen multiple people fooled by this. Not everyone gets it right away. I personally have had a blotter that is neither tasteless nor terribly bitter. It definitely had a noticeable taste, and I didn't know for sure at the time, but looking back I can say that it was definitely LSD. It also had a lot of ink on it. I have also met other people who have claimed to have LSD that was definitely real on blotters that they thought tasted bitter, and they're people who I trust.

And again I'll say, bitterness is NOT proof of a NBOMe. The term "If it's bitter, it's a spitter." has been around for decades, and NBOMes only for a few years. There are other drugs that taste bitter which could fit the OP's description very well as well, such as one hit of DOB, which I have personally experienced, and which doesn't carry all the same lasting problem risks as NBOMes. All I'm saying is that it's irresponsible to tell someone they've definitely taken something that screwed them over and making them lose hope when we honestly have zero proof.

So... how bitter was the blotter exactly?

My friend definitely noted a bitter taste, but it didn't seem unbearably bitter. He wasn't making faces or wanting to spit it out. He didn't feel any numbness either, but a very slight tingling sensation when it was on his tongue.

Hmm.... Well some people will continue the argument that any bitterness counts, but for me it's inconclusive. The only bitter blotters I've had that weren't LSD were REALLY bitter, but I haven't had NBOMes.

Honestly though, I don't think the identity of the drug is the important part, as as I said none of us will ever have any proof. The only thing that matters is how it effected your friend. I recommend giving it some time to sink in and try not to worry and see if it helps, and then report back to us. :)

My friend definitely noted a bitter taste, but it didn't seem unbearably bitter. He wasn't making faces or wanting to spit it out. He didn't feel any numbness either, but a very slight tingling sensation when it was on his tongue.
Well then it's up in the air. I had one trip where it wasn't an nbome but it had a slightly off-perhaps bitter-taste; I'm still unsure if it was lsd or a dox chem to this day.

So obviously you could have gotten LSD. The simple fact of the matter these days though is people who are 18 and fresh outa high school will 9/10 get nbomes. Of course, I say that from personal experience, meeting many kids who thought they've been doing acid, and still call nbomes 'acid' (ooooooohhh does that aggravate me!) But when I was 19 I did LSD a couple times, when the nbomes weren't quite making the rounds, so when the nbomes did finally show up I was very suspicious at the taste. I think if the OP had an nbome, he would have had a distinguishable strong taste. I've felt a certain 'electricity' from lsd on my tongue, so maybe the term bitter was used since he had no idea what else to call it?

Anyways, I now have no inclination either way. I've just always had very spiritual/profound LSD trips, and I feel that if you indeed got LSD it would be something you'd have much more to say about. I remember having this feeling like I'd stumbled upon the secret to life, and I had to tell everyone about it! LSD really changed my life in a number of positive ways, so I worry that when people have a pointless/negative LSD experience it might not be LSD.

To Goddess Mode, I'd love to have many more LSD trips hah, but it's the nature of the modern age that I can't find any.

Also, I was really hammered when writing last night, and all kinds of upset with how many "LSD" threads show up on this forum that immediately reply in the affirmative to the "bitter" question.

Last edited:
I took LSD 3 times when I was 19. It just made me laugh a lot.
I had a question about pot brownies. I was at this kid's house in California--he was loaded and he had this huge party. Everyone was eating these brownies but taking itty bitty bites. I was already drunk, high and coked up, and I ate a whole brownie(it was about the size of my palm.
A half hour later I had locked myself in a huge walk-in closet and the kid I was with told me I had been in there for an hour.
I had lost ALL track of time and--when I went home--I had an experience that I'll never forget:I went to hell and had a conversation with Lucifer. I asked him if I was dead and he said he didn't know. He was just an average looking dude--dirty blonde hair, light eyes etc.
Anyway, I was like this for a few DAYS!!!
Ppl said it was probably just a looot of weed. I disagree. I wasn't even that out there when I had taken acid in the past. THis was about 10 years ago so idk what was circulating in Cali at the time.
Anyone think they know what it was--lemme know

Well then it's up in the air. I had one trip where it wasn't an nbome but it had a slightly off-perhaps bitter-taste; I'm still unsure if it was lsd or a dox chem to this day.

So obviously you could have gotten LSD. The simple fact of the matter these days though is people who are 18 and fresh outa high school will 9/10 get nbomes. Of course, I say that from personal experience, meeting many kids who thought they've been doing acid, and still call nbomes 'acid' (ooooooohhh does that aggravate me!) But when I was 19 I did LSD a couple times, when the nbomes weren't quite making the rounds, so when the nbomes did finally show up I was very suspicious at the taste. I think if the OP had an nbome, he would have had a distinguishable strong taste. I've felt a certain 'electricity' from lsd on my tongue, so maybe the term bitter was used since he had no idea what else to call it?

Anyways, I now have no inclination either way. I've just always had very spiritual/profound LSD trips, and I feel that if you indeed got LSD it would be something you'd have much more to say about. I remember having this feeling like I'd stumbled upon the secret to life, and I had to tell everyone about it! LSD really changed my life in a number of positive ways, so I worry that when people have a pointless/negative LSD experience it might not be LSD.

To Goddess Mode, I'd love to have many more LSD trips hah, but it's the nature of the modern age that I can't find any.

Also, I was really hammered when writing last night, and all kinds of upset with how many "LSD" threads show up on this forum that immediately reply in the affirmative to the "bitter" question.

I understand your mindset, because I fucking love LSD and it did change my life. I can guarantee you though that some people just don't respond to it that way. For some people it's just a party high, for some it barely does anything, and for some it's total hell. Everything I've ever heard it's that LSD'sbad trips are as bad as is good trips are good. I have seen all of these reactions and more with certified real LSD.

I also hate when people call RCs acid. Wow does that piss me off! If even for no other reason than just because it gives the impression of 100% safety in terms of taking larger doses, when in fact every drug sold as LSD is one of the most dangerous psychedelics in this respect. I really hate anyone who would sell this shit as LSD....

But yeah, I feel ya.... I got about as lucky as a person can get these days. I don't even have dealers, and haven't for years, I simply came upon a wildly unlikely but fortunate circumstance; I was given a one-time supplyfrom someone who got it directly from the chemist themself. I dosed an old acidhead from the '60s and even he said it was really good stuff hehe. Unfortunately it's almost all gone now. :( But I can't complain, I got lots of great experiences out of it and got to share it with lots of people....

I get that about the LSD threads too, but I also think that sometimes people underestimate how much real acid there actually is around still too, even if it's not the strongest stuff. It's not overly common, but it is out there.

I took iLSD 3 times when I was 19. It just made me laugh a lot.
I had a question about pot brownies. I was at this kid's house in California--he was loaded and he had this huge party. Everyone was eating these brownies but taking itty bitty bites. I was already drunk, high and coked up, and I ate a whole brownie(it was about the size of my palm.
A half hour later I had locked myself in a huge walk-in closet and the kid I was with told me I had been in there for an hour.
I had lost ALL track of time and--when I went home--I had an experience that I'll never forget:I went to hell and had a conversation with Lucifer. I asked him if I was dead and he said he didn't know. He was just an average looking dude--dirty blonde hair, light eyes etc.
Anyway, I was like this for a few DAYS!!!
Ppl said it was probably just a looot of weed. I disagree. I wasn't even that out there when I had taken acid in the past. THis was about 10 years ago so idk what was circulating in Cali at the time.
Anyone think they know what it was--lemme know

Question.... Why didn't you make your own thread for this? Ah well.... No one could ever possibly tell you what you took, and you're actually not allowed to ask. But honestly I can't imagine what else it could be besides weed.... Huge oral doses can be very trippy and long lasting, and if people were being high off of tiny bites then it was probably pretty potent. Some parts of it almost sound like datura, but believe me, it'd be more obvious if it was.

You'd have to go over to the Cannabis Discussion forum to create a thread there if you want to talk more about it, but we don't really allow ID threads anyway and yes Goddess Mode is right: oral cannabis can be that crazy, it can last for a pretty long time indeed because it is absorbed by fatty tissue and gradually released. It can make people feel like they are dying and produce spiritual-type experiences and well to sum up be really trippy, visual, psychedelic. Basically you can get saturated a lot more and this makes your 'ceiling' pretty high.

Both LSD and NBOMe type compounds can give somewhat difficult side- and after-effects, but the difference is probably that LSD is not really physically harmful while NBOMe's can be even deadly and we don't really understand the short-term and long-term risks that well at all.

Just try to be conscious about what you are taking, test it with reagent or by other means (that may be less conclusive like using UV-light or judging by how it 'behaves' in your mouth or swallowing it - NBOMe compounds are considered impotent or inactive when immediately swallowed).
But I will also acknowledge that just about any psychedelic can wreak havoc on hypochondriacs! They are open to suggestion already and adding a psychedelic can play right into that and make it a lot stronger.