View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD gives me an emormous sense of power

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
The past two days I've tripped on LSD and while the first day was extremely intimidating and excessively overwhelming, the second has given me and I can't for the life of me explain why, an absolutely enormous sense of power and confidence. I'm talking I feel I could comfortably kill someone and be fine with it. And I know that's not right. I'd never actually do such a thing, but it seems to give me a feeling ultimate control and indescribable sense of power, a force to be reckoned with not just physically but mentally too. Does anyone else feel this way? Or have you ever experienced these feelings? I hope this made sense.

The past two days I've tripped on LSD and while the first day was extremely intimidating and excessively overwhelming, the second has given me and I can't for the life of me explain why, an absolutely enormous sense of power and confidence. I'm talking I feel I could comfortably kill someone and be fine with it. And I know that's not right. I'd never actually do such a thing, but it seems to give me a feeling ultimate control and indescribable sense of power, a force to be reckoned with not just physically but mentally too. Does anyone else feel this way? Or have you ever experienced these feelings? I hope this made sense.

LSD and other psychs are known for opening up your third eye
i dont suggest you doing anything like killing someone but do take advantage of this new found confidence

some people even take psychs like ketamine to battle depression
seems to sorta reset your brain

Following my recent actions in my last thread. The New found confidence and power I felt has left and now I'm more of an insanely anxious wreck. It was nice while it lasted though.

Regardless of this I do appreciate your input here pal. Don't wanna come across as an ass.

It sounds like you had quite an intense experience. Maybe tripping two days in a row (especially after the first days challenges) wasn't a great idea but that's hindsight now.

As long as you're aware killing someone is a bad idea (which tells me you still have your conscience/aren't psychotic) those powerful emotions should settle down in time.

I've never personally experienced anything like you describe.

It's unnerving that such a small tab can have such profound effects on the human brain. I can understand why people can go completely insane. I suppose if you make the mistake of thinking, yea my mindset is good I'm prepared for the trip, when your mindset is in fact far from ready, the consequences could be devastating to your mental health. The seizure I had on the 28th of April shook me up a lot. While I think its not on my mind. It clearly is lingering in the back of my head. I think I'm going to leave LSD alone for a long time. I need to fix my mental health before I even consider psychedelics again. This will make for good conversation with my psychotherapist, I should know better really. Thanks for everyone's input.

LSD can cause Megalomania. 'Megalomania is a psychopathological condition characterized by fantasies of power, relevance, omnipotence, and by inflated self-esteem.'
It's pretty typical for me.

But yeah, if you abuse psychedelics in a poor state of mental health it can cause lingering anxieties (usually mental anxiety) and or increase preexisting mental health issues for some people.

The first time I took mushrooms I felt extremely confident, as though I was capable of anything I put my mind to. Psychedelics are incredible, they have such a powerful impact on the brain. I myself have experienced symptoms of mania while tripping (which I think is fairly common), it was really fun and interesting.

This guy I worked with once told me that while he was on LSD, he felt like he was the smartest man alive; he (obviously) isn't, but it goes to show how drugs like that can make people feel. Everyone reacts differently.

With the right music & dosage I feel like a wargod leading an army. I'm a scrawny & timid IT guy.
One of the reasons I love psychs :D

Pretty interesting. The only thing that's worrying me with psychs is when I was younger I used to hear a cacophony of voices when trying to sleep. Only for a few nights. And then never again up until roughly a month ago. When on lsd that comes back but the voices are more defined rather than being a big mess of noise. This makes me anxious. I'm not sure I want to push my luck and have the cheese slide off the cracker.