View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD gel tabs shattering when cut???

AmberEMc26

Bluelighter
I bought 20 tabs from my source... When cutting them out, she told me they were shattering. Has anyone ever heard of this?? She said she tried using regular scissors then, a husky blade.

Firstly, Has anyone ever heard of this or encountered this before?

Secondly, does that mean the product is no good, or was poorly preserved? Or nothing, just something That happens and I should not be concerned about.

I decided to get a scalpel from work, and would lightly heat it up , or, warm it up, and try doing it that way. I have not gotten them yet but I just wanted to hear what your thoughts are and if anyone has heard of this before, what’s the best way to go about cutting them.

Thank ya

probably just some really hard gel. Do not heat up anything. LSD is sensitive to heat and melting them or putting a scalpel can ruin the lsd. I only mess with blotter and could imagine gels been pretty dam hard to break if somebody kept them in a freezer. I know some people use table saws to cut gels. either way cutting off single tabs is hard for gels and be careful about them flying everywhere or shattering aswell.

Last edited:
So them Shattering is not uncommon, or indicative that something is amiss ? I’ve just never encountered this.

No heat.. noted

Any suggestions, then?

I bought 20 tabs from my source... When cutting them out, she told me they were shattering. Has anyone ever heard of this?? She said she tried using regular scissors then, a husky blade.

Firstly, Has anyone ever heard of this or encountered this before?

Secondly, does that mean the product is no good, or was poorly preserved? Or nothing, just something That happens and I should not be concerned about.

I decided to get a scalpel from work, and would lightly heat it up , or, warm it up, and try doing it that way. I have not gotten them yet but I just wanted to hear what your thoughts are and if anyone has heard of this before, what’s the best way to go about cutting them.

Thank ya
I never had a geltab. But one summer way back, some legit miniature black microdots came around- sealed in plastic individually, just like lighter flints.

Wicked, wicked trips. Clean as. But....NOT a good idea cutting them. Expect a PING and carpet search game lol. With a razor blade on surface I mean.

probably just some really hard gel. Do not heat up anything. LSD is sensitive to heat and melting them or putting a scalpel can ruin the lsd. I only mess with blotter and could imagine gels been pretty dam hard to break if somebody kept them in a freezer. I know some people use table saws to cut gels. either way cutting off single tabs is hard for gels and be careful about them flying everywhere or shattering aswell.
Yeah, I may have imagined some of your meaning. And actually, the OP's, well lean....but if OP means....seperating whole tabs from a block...okay fair enough, could be tricky.

NOT like cutting paper.

Or if talking about cutting a gel tab in two, I say scrap that, and just eat it whole as it surely was designed be done.

Yeah, I may have imagined some of your meaning. And actually, the OP's, well lean....but if OP means....seperating whole tabs from a block...okay fair enough, could be tricky.

NOT like cutting paper.

Or if talking about cutting a gel tab in two, I say scrap that, and just eat it whole as it surely was designed be done.
Yes, I meant to cut tabs off, there are 20 stuck together... I do 2-3 hits at a time. I needed to know how to separate those individual hits that each person is dosing, not split a hit in half.

Any suggestions????

Yes, I meant to cut tabs off, there are 20 stuck together... I do 2-3 hits at a time. I needed to know how to separate those individual hits that each person is dosing, not split a hit in half.

Any suggestions????
I imagine, there must be a little sort of ledge, like a sealed, narrow edge. I would use a veru sharp scalpal blade myself, or stanley knife. Be precise, and careful. Slive gently through it.

I think that is what I might try, myself.

Or you could break them all up in a container, weigh it first exactly, and weigh your doses using a milligram scale.

I bet each geltab weighs a good 20 mg, so 40 to 60 mg's should be a fairly safe and reliable do.

Nothing to worry about, they just got 'dry'. Perhaps if you put them in a humid space they would become more gel-like again.

maybe just crush it all up and separate it geometrically into lines and work with the powdered gels like coke or something granular.

yeah you have to use distiled watah ye. It boils down to even dosage, that's the kick

please don't say "boils" while giving cooking instructions, haha!

Ashwolfs got it right. They are either dry or too cold. Either way it’s probably not a big deal, who knows could just be hard gelatin too.

Do your best to cut them. Another thing you could do is get a milligram scale then weigh a full dose and from there you can weigh out an accurate dose of need be.

Worst case scenario dissolve them in known quantity of distilled water or everclear, then dose volumetric.

-GC

Ashwolfs got it right. They are either dry or too cold. Either way it’s probably not a big deal, who knows could just be hard gelatin too.

Do your best to cut them. Another thing you could do is get a milligram scale then weigh a full dose and from there you can weigh out an accurate dose of need be.

Worst case scenario dissolve them in known quantity of distilled water or everclear, then dose volumetric.

-GC
That was one of my suggestions- mg scale. Even if they crumble up, Those gel tabs must weigh at least 40 mg?

My tabs weigh about 18 mg only.

So you can accurately measure the dose by weight, if it's not possible to make the neat and symmetrical cuts of the tabs with a sharp scalpel.

You can already buy laser cutters for that kind of stuff for home shop use; welcome to the future, Autotripper :cool: