View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first timer? Any tips?

Houseeveryweekend

Greenlighter
So I have managed to obtain some LSD, which I plan on doing when I go back to university after the Christmas break! So I have some drug experience; namely MDMA, weed, poppers and balloons. So nothing really comparable, but im still no stranger to mind altering substances. So my dealer, who is possibly the best dealer I have ever had, I've never had a bad batch on MDMA off him, he tests the product in front of you, and knows a lot about his stuff, he tells me this acid is 400 mcg per tab, and said for a good experience I should never do more than half a tab. He also said the 100mcg for the first time is rubbish, and if i did half (200mcg) i'd be fine. Opinions on this?
I was planning to drop at 11am-noon on a saturday, giving me plenty of time to trip, would people agree with this?
Any other tips? I do really think im ready for this!

My house-mates are against it. But fuck 'em!

Hi there

400 mcg hits are pretty much unheard of, was the potency lab tested? If not I would assume that even if he is a good guy, he might have been lied to, not a personal thing or accusation - but being truthful and sober / realistic / skeptical is important - especially if he thinks that 200 ug is really no big deal (even 100 actual ug should not be underestimated especially by the novice)...

So considering you don't actually have experience with psychedelics - the other drugs don't really help much in terms of experience, perhaps a little bit regarding knowing about altered states of consciousness - I would stick to a quarter to be sure, if this guy is right that should be 100 ug which should be plenty.

There is truly no point in impatience since you can always go again another time, but you cannot take it back if you make rookie mistakes.

Keep a close eye on set and setting, read all about them in our threads (check the Psychedelic Index! We have a lot of topics covered, the Beginners FAQ is also helpful for links for first timers)... so wait for a good moment and make sure you have a nice peaceful but interesting / cozy warm place to chill out when you come up and trip - do not allow yourself to be bothered by other people so turn off your phone and close the door.

Go for a nice walk - hopefully you have a quiet area with nature and not much busy city stuff - if you feel like you need a fresh breath... it can really wipe your slate a bit and turn around any mood or buildup of emotion / anxiety you might have.

Have an adventure checking out everyday stuff, make a drawing, turn on some music - lay all of that out and write stuff down if necessary, that will give you peace of mind and allow you to let go and, if it applies, feel like a playful child again..

My personal only precaution when it comes to psychedelics is, don't take too many precautions!*
I feel like some of the advice on the Internet regarding how to prepare for trips is counterintuitive to the experience psychedelics are supposed to create. The first time I dropped acid, I had done so much research on how to have a good trip that I set myself up for a "bad trip," but both during that trip and in hindsight, it wasn't really bad. Just a different experience.

Unless you have a specific goal you would like to achieve, like a creative project, or something, just go with the flow. It might be nice to have some starting point planned on what you would like to do at first, because if you have nothing planned to do, you might get the urge to do something but you won't know what. If you're just tripping in your home, maybe have some coloring books on hand, finger painting, different foods to taste, music, etc. It's good to have options easily and readily available, but don't get too caught up in a set plan. I think it's best to just let the trip guide itself. Keep in mind that psychedelics heighten all of the senses, so overstimulating activities (i.e. riding rollercoasters...personal experience, lol) almost cancel out the perception of the drug. Simple, methodic, rhythmic activities are what really seem the coolest and let you get the most out of the drug.

*When I say don't take too many precautions, I'm referring to the laundry list of set/setting precautions that you could find on the Internet. As for safety precautions, those are good to take. I.e. don't put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation (like going for a walk at night alone if you don't live in a safe city); your perception will be hyper-focused and not in line with reality, so it's not easy to react quickly and carefully when you need to. And because your perception is hyper-focused on sensations, you can lose yourself in the feel and forget to take care of yourself. (Ex. if you go out for a walk in the dead of winter, you can shift your focus away from the cold and stay out there too long, which can cause lockjaw later on and an achy body...plus the threat of frostbite if it's cld enough and you're underexposed!) Common sense doesn't seem so common on psychedelics, so just remind yourself and ask yourself here and there if what you're doing is safe. Other safety precautions would be minding the substances you're using. If you were to combine any drugs, even something simple like a Xanax for coming down, research first to make sure it's safe. (A lot of people recommend against drug combos, especially for a first time experience, but IMO, there are safe ways to do certain combos.)

If you want to avoid "negative" emotions like fear, just remind yourself that it's all in your mind, and you control you mind. You are impervious to fear if you want to be. But should you experience an emotion like that, think of it as a color in the spectrum of emotions, and an experience worth having.

Also, like already said above, 400mic in one tab sounds unheard of, but if that's the truth, that's way more than enough. Larger doses can increase the intensity, but IMO, they mostly just lengthen the trip. I'd say take a half to start, and redone later on if you so wish. I think starting around noon is a fine time to start too so you can experience a little of the day and the night, and probably be able to fall asleep at a reasonable time too.

Hi there

400 mcg hits are pretty much unheard of, was the potency lab tested? If not I would assume that even if he is a good guy, he might have been lied to, not a personal thing or accusation - but being truthful and sober / realistic / skeptical is important - especially if he thinks that 200 ug is really no big deal (even 100 actual ug should not be underestimated especially by the novice)...

So considering you don't actually have experience with psychedelics - the other drugs don't really help much in terms of experience, perhaps a little bit regarding knowing about altered states of consciousness - I would stick to a quarter to be sure, if this guy is right that should be 100 ug which should be plenty.

There is truly no point in impatience since you can always go again another time, but you cannot take it back if you make rookie mistakes.

Keep a close eye on set and setting, read all about them in our threads (check the Psychedelic Index! We have a lot of topics covered, the Beginners FAQ is also helpful for links for first timers)... so wait for a good moment and make sure you have a nice peaceful but interesting / cozy warm place to chill out when you come up and trip - do not allow yourself to be bothered by other people so turn off your phone and close the door.

Go for a nice walk - hopefully you have a quiet area with nature and not much busy city stuff - if you feel like you need a fresh breath... it can really wipe your slate a bit and turn around any mood or buildup of emotion / anxiety you might have.

Have an adventure checking out everyday stuff, make a drawing, turn on some music - lay all of that out and write stuff down if necessary, that will give you peace of mind and allow you to let go and, if it applies, feel like a playful child again..

This is really solid advice. I wouldn't advise doing it around your housemates if they are against it. My first time I made the mistake of saying fuck it and taking around 300-400ug AT WORK. My arrogant self will never do that again. I thought I was comfortable with everyone in my environment, but I really wasn't. Once I started tripping hard I really realized that and started having a panic attack. Everything is super duper intense on lsd and if you even have the slightest worry on your mind it can propagate to something you really don't want. It really is a powerful drug and you should never underestimate it.

Go into it with a very light mindset in a place you are comfortable and safe. Wash all your worries away, like literally forget them for the duration of your trip.
I say have a bowl around if you smoke cannabis, a pack of cigarettes if you smoke, paper for drawing and writing, pencils, crayons, markers, pens, music, movies, just whatever you enjoy doing. Just have things around to keep your hands and your mind occupied.
Personally for me I like to clean my entire room the day I plan to do it. Then I set up my "trip box" on the corner of my bed with my remote, drawing/writing supplies, and just whatever I think I may want to use during my trip. That way I'm organized, all my stuff is in one place, and I'm not scattered everywhere. It just gives me piece of mind.

I love cartoons and childish things when I'm tripping. It really brings back a sense of nostalgia for me and everything being new and just getting to experience things in a new perspective. You get to see things and realize things you didn't even know could exhist.

Have fun, and be safe!

I posted this on a similar thread... I suggest dosing with close friends, especially the first few times. But alone can be amazing too...

I've taken acid hundreds of times. These are my suggestions.

1. A safe, undisturbed location as described previously. No possibility of people stopping by, calling, reporting you to the authorities. No parents, no angry ex-girlfriend showing up etc.
2. A familiar location. I have noticed unfamiliar places tend to increase the chances of having a bad trip. Certainly avoid public places for the first 4-6 hours.
3. Everyone takes the same dose at the same time. Having a "sober chaperon" will throw off the vibe. If you need a sober person to do damage control, have them waiting on speed dial, but don't have them hanging out with the trippers.
4. Avoid drunk people.
5. Eat a full meal a few hours before dosing
6. I prefer night tripping. If you decide to day-trip, make sure you have sunglasses. Daylight is brutal on the dilated pupils.
7. Avoid any other drugs. Just drink water if you feel thirsty. Smoking pot can be nice for some people. I smoke a lot of cigarettes when I'm tripping. About 3 packs usually. Stock up on supplies before dosing. You won't want to leave the house.
8. Set up about 12 hours of music playlists you can listen to during the trip. Stick to music you like. Don't spend this time exploring new music. Stick to what you already know you like. Good luck using your ipod though... haha. It will probably take the whole group of you about 30 minutes to even figure out how to plug the thing in.
9. We used to walk around the neighborhood at night in groups of 3-4. This increases your chances of getting into trouble or having strange encounters, but it's nice to get out that pent up energy by walking around. Again I would wait till after the peak when you're starting to come down. Eventually you'll get the feeling of "I need to get out of this house and walk around". When you get that urge it's ok to go for a walk with one of your friends.
10. Turn off your phone and stay off the computer. You won't be able to figure out how to use them anyway. But just to be safe.

Have fun. Be safe. Good luck.

Maybe trip with someone else too as i did first time and somebody in the same boat as me was useful to ask how they were feeling. We also had other people there who had tripped before so for me it was a good introduction.

LSD is a miracle drug in my opinion, my first time tips from expirience are.
1. Take LSD by itself only
2. Listen to some nice music (ex. Chance the Rapper)
3. Keep under tongue for 15 minutes or until tab is nearly dissolved
4. (OPTIONAL) Lay down with eyes shut but don't fall asleep or else I would assume you would lose your trip.
5. Reccomended: Have window open and shutters up or be outside just enjoy nature
Advice: Don't mix LSD with other drugs, let LSD allow you to trip. The reason for this is because I once took two tabs of LSD and smoked some weed and then looked at my dog and she had no eyes and it was the worse trip ever for me. So just be cautious especially with things that you don't like, avoid them and expirience the fun of acid. :D
tumblr_n1uc9inCeb1ttl9z3o1_500.gif

I dont see the need to dose sublingual with any of the lysergamides though i have on occasion but didnt really notice any difference maybe it hits a bit quicker i cant say for sure. What i am saying is if its a nbome it wont work if you just drop it so that is my reason for just eating it at least it rules that shite out

Set and setting is the most important factor in deciding if you're going to enjoy your trip or not.

Make sure you have 6-8 hours set aside to enjoy the drug in peace. if you're in a safe controlled enviorment in a good happy mood, you're not going to have a bad time at normal dosages.

Just take it in a safe setting and don't take it in a bad mindset. Don't take it alone. Have some alcohol, antipsychotics, or benzos in case things get out of hand for you or your trip mates, assuming you'll have any. And basically just go with the flow as best as possible (i.e., don't try to fight the trip because you won't win) and realize that real LSD is a difficult and unpredictable psychedelic drug whose best aspects (personal insights, spiritual 'enlightenment') don't ever manifest themselves before the difficult parts of the trip do. That is, in my experience, the best rewards from LSD come from accepting the dire and often psychologically or spiritually disturbing elements about your psyche and your life that it shows you rather than resisting their reality. This is an often cumulative process and can take many years and LSD trips. If you try to resist, the LSD induced anxiety can become crippling if strongly repressed and lead to a type of LSD 'Long Term Comedown.' If worse comes to worse and no benzos and antipsychotics are available, then sometimes the best left available option is to get drunk to take the edge off and laugh uncontrollably for hours. Hey, it can be loads of fun too!

Having something to do I think helps the experience, especially if you're just figuring out how you'll react to it. Taking to much can be unpleasant undoubtably. However, not taking enough and sitting around at home can also be very boring.

If you do take a sufficient dose to have visual hallucinations tracing them on white paper or on the driveway with chalk is fun. Watching movies can be entertaining in a different way. I really enjoy talking to people who aren't high or discussing things because of my heightened sense of intuition while I'm tripping.

Everyone's different, and as long as you're safe you'll figure it out for yourself over time. I'm curious to know how it goes :) good luck