View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd first time

diz102

Greenlighter
Wanna try acid for first time. I will be with my friend who will also try it first time. What's best setting to do it in? We won't be able to find a house for just us but most other places we can manage?

Somewhere you feel comfortable, safe, and won't be bothered by people you have to hide the fact that you're tripping from.

if its warm out you can do it outside in nature if you know a safe spot you can go to. nature and psychedelics mix very well

Clear at least 24 hours of your schedule, or you'll regret it. No joke.

Agreed about safe and comfortable, also preferably a controllable setting... so one in which you can avoid disturbing 'elements' like having to deal with people you know or people you don't know, or unexpected disruptions, or indeed dangers. You just don't need complications basically.
Which is why a festival isn't exactly that great, even if it can be lots of fun.

At someone's home, someplace you know and feel safe, is usually nice... with phones turned off and enough supplies so that nobody is forced to go out to get them later... but with an option of going for a nice walk through the local park. That seems like an excellent example of a good setting to me.

I answered it more elaborately in the Beginners FAQ:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/559054-PD-Beginners-FAQ?p=9456919#post9456919

Of course don't hesitate to suggest if you can improve on that answer :) i.e. just some addition can be good, if valuable.

I would wait for an opportunity to take it indoors where you know you won't be fucked with, especially since it would be a new experience for you and your friend.

IMO indoors vs outdoors is always a mixed matter. Obviously the weather is one determinant, but other than that the nice thing about going outside is not feeling cooped up, but rather that sense of freshness and freedom... expansive spaciousness. But going outside always brings some level of complication with it. You can rarely keep it fully controlled outside (inside you can climate control a bit what happens ;) )... but that is also charming: the outside is alive, it's very stimulating and interesting to walk around and observe.
Whether you are in a peaceful natural environment or a depressing city environment of course makes a huge difference. So everyone will have to use their own judgement and consider what are the profits or risks of outside vs. inside.

But generally I would consider starting from someplace indoors as 'basecamp' to be great, but if everyone involved is mentally up for it, going outside at least one time for a little walk seems like a good idea, if there is something pleasant to being outside where you live.

Check out the Big & Dandy Set & Setting Thread!

Last edited:
you need a safe, warm place (outside in the woods is allright when it's not too cold) and at least 24 hours of free time, because it takes a lot of time ^^ and I wouldn't trip for the first time when having issues to deal with or being depressed/sad.

I've found that if you do have to stay inside, a room with alot of and/or large windows is nice. But that also depends where you live. I tripped yesterday and didn't go out much cuz it was cold but our living room is more window than wall so that was nice.

Thanks for all the advice guys, decided I'm gonna have to wait until my friends family go away and she has a free house so that we will be undisturbed, and experience It as best as possible!