View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first time question

JamesWright111

Greenlighter
swim is taking lsd for the first time and wants to know how much to take. swims dealer, Batman says he put three drops on each tab. How much should swim take?

I'm not going to give you any advice because your post has all sorts of things wrong with it, save for me saying this because it's a major problem and all these "LSD" threads pop up far too often given LSD's rarity:

"If it's bitter, it's a spitter."

And if it's tasteless, gobble down as much as you want (I'd recommend three doses to achieve proper ego loss) and get ready for your pants to be blown off. LSD can be taken in huge quantities safely. Other drugs cannot, hence the above quote.

Okay, I felt nice, that's my advice.

Last edited:
could you explain the trip, swim knows weed and lsd are completely different swim gets paranoid on weed would swim get paranoid on lsd?

A LSD trip is hard to put into words. One might describe it as a sudden profound sense of oneness with the universe, the ability to comprehend the infinite, a childlike sense of awe and wonder, things like that. It's like all of a sudden, you know the size of the universe. You know that infinitely smaller things make up everything around you, and that you make up an infinitely larger thing too, as if we're all cells that make up one being, Mother Earth.

And we don't SWIM here. It doesn't help you at all, and makes it hard to read your posts.

okay, sorry I just joined this site. Also I think the only reason why I'm scared to do it is all the bad shit I've heard. A bunch of my friends have been telling me these stories of people they know who have been in mental hospitals because of LSD they took when they were teenagers. I'm not sure what to believe...is any of this true?

The first time I did acid, I may have been a little paranoid, but I was in a pretty safe place with no one around but my close friends. I find that if I smoke pot while I'm on acid, I can't really feel the weed (it might make me trip somewhat harder), but I do get super paranoid. If you're worried aboot paranoia, just don't smoke weed until you're coming down and you'll be fine. Good luck and have fun!

im planning on doing it alone in a dim room watching tv all night do you think that is a good enviroment, its at my house and i feel safe.

As long as you feel comfy and safe, I you'll be fine. The stories you've heard about people going insane are just myths. Don't psych yourself out if you plan on taking it, you will be fine. Always remember that it'll end eventually. You may feel as if time has stopped. But don't worry, it'll start again.

Also, I would recommend to listen to some music you like that you feel will give you good vibes, instead of just tv the whole night. Don't get me wrong, tv is fun to watch at times, but I prefer to save it for the comedown when I can't think of anything better to do.

Take One Tab. You are taking this for the first time, right? You don't need to break any records, just get the experience.
Far as taking LSD alone for your first time, No, I don't think that is allright. You would be better off taking it with a friend, together at your house. Watching TV might get a bit too intense as well. Just give a tab to a friend, and take one yourself. Keep in mind that you will be on the lsd tripping for 10+ hours and you won't be in any shape for work or school in the morning.
And Bluelight, I will give advice based upon my own experience in taking LSD, not Yours.

It's not that it would be unsafe, but in my opinion it is still not really appropriate. You can always watch TV, if you're going to do LSD for the first time make sure you have a world to explore if you so choose, reading or watching a movie etc, all of that is a story you are being told. Much much better to live your own story. Don't worry that you will be bored, one of the most amazing things is how precious the mundane becomes.
About exploring that world: there are many ways to do it and many ways to interpret it - I don't necessarily mean you have to make a journey physically, like an adventure through the wilderness (although being outside is grand on psychedelics), that can obviously be challenging, easily too much. Just make sure you are much more free to go and do as you please. It should be pretty special that way.
If you are a bit more experienced you can play a little with your setting and try nighttime vs. daytime, being alone and/or being in a room doing very little (which is a step closer to sensory deprivation - limiting or narrowing your world so that you yourself generate other worlds inside of you), tripping at a festival, tripping with friends or together with someone dear to you - more therapeutically...
Don't get me wrong, all of that can be awesome, and sure that is how it can still work out well but differently if you have a more 'internal' trip... but when you start, get a good balance between being safe / comfortable (like home) and having a welcoming world around you (great example is during the day, with a house and backyard to yourself and a park in the neighborhood, during a nice sunny summer day). Not too static, not too dynamic.

could you explain the trip, swim knows weed and lsd are completely different swim gets paranoid on weed would swim get paranoid on lsd?

Please guy don't mix drugs when you are trying LSD for the first time. There is no need to add anything to LSD, it is the Original Trip & you should experience it in all of it's glory, all by itself.

As has been suggested, take just one tab. Be aware that while you're tripping, you may find it uncomfortable to be stuck in your room and feel the need to get up and walk outside.

if it gets too intense drink a little booze and that will slow things down a bit