View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first time - Advice

Joeys

Greenlighter
I am planning on buying LSD soon and want to trip.
I might start with a regular dose of one hit but i would appreciate advice on what is good to start with for someone who has had no previous psychedelic experience before. (Have just smoked pot; quite a lot).
Other advice on acid and what i should expect/prepare for and other general advice would be greatly appreciated and help heaps!

I started my friends who also had no previous experience with 100~150mcg.
Don't overthink, go with the flow, have some good music ready, drink plenty. Eat something healthy a few hours beforehand, but not too much after that, you might feel a bit nauseous & anxious on the comeup, but that's very normal, I still get overly excited after 25+ trips.
Don't smoke pot unless maybe when you're winding down, it's known to make you extremely anxious during a trip.
Be by yourself or with friends you trust through & through. Strangers & acid usually don't mix well, especially if you have no experience yet. Not necessarily bad, but often it's uncomfortable to be around people you don't know.
Also prepare to be wide awake for several hours, so don't drop too late if you plan to sleep at a reasonable hour. Dropped around 2pm last time, couldn't sleep until 6am.
Relax, be safe & enjoy the ride!

Choose a safe, comfortable setting that you have some control of, like your room at home. You'll probably want to go outside at some point, which is fine, but staying close to a 'home base' is good. Starting with a single dose is a good idea. Ask a friend you trust to trip-sit for you if you can. Eat a substantial meal a couple of hours beforehand. Don't start too late, or you'll be up all night.