Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first 2 times underwhelming, need some guidance

droider321

Greenlighter
Hello,

I've been interested in hallucinogens ever since I became a teenager and have read countless of information and trip reports about it. Im now in my mid twenties and decided I was ready to try it for the first time. I did some research and ordered a couple 120ug LSD tabs from a reputable person off the onion. The only other drug I've ever taken is alcohol and weed, and worth mentioning is that Im the kind of person who can drink/smoke pretty much untill passing out without freaking out or doing extremely dumb shit.

So anyway I decided to take it easy on my first dosage, and removed a piece of the tab so that I only ingested 100ug for my first time. The setting was me alone in my appartment during daytime. After about an hour I definitly felt the effect, like the room was all crooked and like one side of my body was heavier than the other. After about 2 hour I peaked and it looked like my carpet had a strange 3 dimensional effect, and everything looked more green/red than usual. Unfortunatly during the whole time I felt kind of underwhelmed because even though I knew I had taken a small dose, I didnt really have any strange thoughts or anything like that and my experience seemed less meningful than that people have described on a similar dose for their first time. What bothered me the most was that I didnt have ANY closed eye visuals at all, something I thought most people got even on pretty low dosage? The effect lasted about 6-7 hours and then I couldnt sleep for the entire night.

So a week after the inital dose I decided to up it a bit and went for 150ug. After 3 hours i still felt really underwhelmed at this dose, it pretty much left like the first one and I suppose this is due to tolerence build up. I decided I would smoke weed and that actually made things kick off quite a damn bit. First thought I had was "I cannot understand how you could possibly feel better than Im feeling right now", then I started having thought loops and my I think my hands started spasming a bit, and I moved like I was in slow motion. Nothing scary or uncomfortable I was actually quite happy about this effect. Also I think I started having some closed eye visuals. I sorta felt like there was no difference between having my eyes open and eyes closed which was a strange feeling. This effect is sort of how I immagined(based on what I've read) LSD to be at this dosage(without weed).

Should I not get more of an effect from 120-150 ug of LSD without weed than this? Do you think the blotters are way underdosed, or did the tolerence play much of a role my second time? I know 2 weeks is probably a safer bet, but from my understanding 7 days is enough for most people. Anyway, I mostly wanted to write this to ask if this is a typical first time LSD experience and get your thoughts about it. Am I having too high expectations from these doses? Also, Im going away for a few months and wont be able to trip so Im thinking about doing LSD one more time before I leave. This trip would have to be 7 days from my last(150ug) trip, and 2 weeks from my first time ever. Is this a dumb idea? I know its usually not recommended to trip this often but I dont really feel like Ive gotten the LSD experience from the two trips Ive had.

How much would you guys recommend me doing, concidering a possible tolerence build up? I want a profound experience but keep in mind that im alone while doing it.

Last edited:
A few considerations:
* Blotters tend to be underdosed. Like a 100 µg street blotter will often only contain ~70 µg or so.
* And even a full 100 µg of LSD just isn't a lot.
* Out of all hallucinogens the lysergamides seem to take the longest for a full tolerance reset. After a week there will still be noticeable tolerance.

* LSD just isn't a very visual substance... or rather there's a fairly low visuals:mindfuck ratio. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing (exploring abstract thoughts can be extremely interesting, after all), but still, if you're mainly in it for the visuals, LSD itself may not necessarily be the ideal psychedelic for you.

* Psychedelics usually don't have a linear dose-response curve. At low doses of LSD, there'll be lots of stimulation, body load and confusion, but very few visuals. Depending on your brain chemistry there will be a certain point after which the effects (especially the visuals) intensify exponentionally as you increase the dosage. 150 µg (with no tolerance) is probably the point where LSD really starts becoming worthwhile for most.

* As you seem to be aware of, weed only tends to increase the intensity of a psychedelic experience. That's why someone attempting to probe the depths of their mind with higher doses of psychedelics should make sure to have some benzos on hand (ex. Xanax, Ativan, Valium...) in case things go south, since weed will do the opposite of helping you relax. That goes double if you're tripping solo. You don't necessarily have to take enough to fully kill the trip - even a modest dose can sometimes help you get an overwhelming experience back under control.

I've done LSD so many times with so many different tabs. All from trustworthy people or even vendors, but I still feel like I don't really know what dose was on any of them.

Like 80% of time I get told 200-250ug. Which I just don't feel is believable, not like it was to trick me, but people just don't know and its impossible to measure. Once I was told 100ug and the tab was as strong if not maybe stronger than when I was told 200-250ug. Who knows. This is why I like to go in on a sheet or two for the summer with a bunch of friends so here is some sort of benchmark for dosing season.

I find LSD to be very visual at times and then not so much others depends on set and setting. I Find in very hectic settings, like a crowd at a festival, the visuals get sort of "knocked" out of me by all the shit thats going on as opposed to wandering a forest with a friend or two.

Tolerance is crazy with LSD. I took it 3 days in a row last summer. I had tabs of supposedly 200ug, which from the effects might not be too inaccurate. But I took 1.5, 4, and 10 tabs on each day respectively and by the 3rd the 10 tabs was weaker than the 1.5 was on the first night and was overall just a very lackluster feeling trip, felt very sleepy, no euphoria and just make me hyper aware of how exhausted i was.

I sorta felt like there was no difference between having my eyes open and eyes closed which was a strange feeling.

that sounds to me like tripping balls lol, i only get that if i straight blast the fuck off

Last edited:
100ug is a social dose for me. Its very enjoyable trip but still want to be all "there".

Cannabis very much intensifies the trip, which I love. I dont trip without consuming cannabis at some point=D.

I say dose at 200ug with little tolerance.

250-300ug for the profound experience you're looking for. Id try to find someone you trust to be with you if you decide to go 300ug on no tolerance.

Hey thanks for the answers guys!

A few considerations:
* Blotters tend to be underdosed. Like a 100 µg street blotter will often only contain ~70 µg or so.
* And even a full 100 µg of LSD just isn't a lot.
* Out of all hallucinogens the lysergamides seem to take the longest for a full tolerance reset. After a week there will still be noticeable tolerance.

* LSD just isn't a very visual substance... or rather there's a fairly low visuals:mindfuck ratio. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing (exploring abstract thoughts can be extremely interesting, after all), but still, if you're mainly in it for the visuals, LSD itself may not necessarily be the ideal psychedelic for you.

* Psychedelics usually don't have a linear dose-response curve. At low doses of LSD, there'll be lots of stimulation, body load and confusion, but very few visuals. Depending on your brain chemistry there will be a certain point after which the effects (especially the visuals) intensify exponentionally as you increase the dosage. 150 µg (with no tolerance) is probably the point where LSD really starts becoming worthwhile for most.

* As you seem to be aware of, weed only tends to increase the intensity of a psychedelic experience. That's why someone attempting to probe the depths of their mind with higher doses of psychedelics should make sure to have some benzos on hand (ex. Xanax, Ativan, Valium...) in case things go south, since weed will do the opposite of helping you relax. That goes double if you're tripping solo. You don't necessarily have to take enough to fully kill the trip - even a modest dose can sometimes help you get an overwhelming experience back under control.

Yea, comparing my 100ug experience with this persons 100ug trip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fOuPTZtWI&t=1273s which is a video from from the CIA funded LSD experiments during the 1955 I doubt my tabs are as strong as the vendor claims. I havent seen anyone else complain about the strength of his tabs thought, so maybe there is a genetics at play here as well. Also, it was actually the mindfuck that I was missing. If I didnt smoke weed there was pretty much no mindfuck at all. I did experience the stimulation, my body and especially jaw felt very tense during the first 2-3 hours.

The problem with the weed though, is that I really couldnt take much away from the experience since my mind goes so cloudy when I smoke it. Id rather just be on acid.

Is it really risky to trip at larger doses, say 200mg+ without having benzos on hand? Id rather not get my hands on any other drug that weed and psychedelics, its sort of a rule Ive set for myself. Also Im not really afraid of having a bad trip, Im pretty good at telling myself just to let go and that it will pass. Maybe that will change when I have my first bad trip thought :)

I've done LSD so many times with so many different tabs. All from trustworthy people or even vendors, but I still feel like I don't really know what dose was on any of them.

Like 80% of time I get told 200-250ug. Which I just don't feel is believable, not like it was to trick me, but people just don't know and its impossible to measure. Once I was told 100ug and the tab was as strong if not maybe stronger than when I was told 200-250ug. Who knows. This is why I like to go in on a sheet or two for the summer with a bunch of friends so here is some sort of benchmark for dosing season.

I find LSD to be very visual at times and then not so much others depends on set and setting. I Find in very hectic settings, like a crowd at a festival, the visuals get sort of "knocked" out of me by all the shit thats going on as opposed to wandering a forest with a friend or two.

Tolerance is crazy with LSD. I took it 3 days in a row last summer. I had tabs of supposedly 200ug, which from the effects might not be too inaccurate. But I took 1.5, 4, and 10 tabs on each day respectively and by the 3rd the 10 tabs was weaker than the 1.5 was on the first night and was overall just a very lackluster feeling trip, felt very sleepy, no euphoria and just make me hyper aware of how exhausted i was.

that sounds to me like tripping balls lol, i only get that if i straight blast the fuck off

Definitly a good idea to buy a big sheet so that youre not just taking random doses, im doing that next time! Yea Ive understood that the tolerence is indeed crazy taking it on consecutive days. Found this chart but it seems to be for both shrooms and LSD

https://files.shroomery.org/files/15-18/058568752-Screen_Shot_2014-10-03_at_12.25.27_PM.png

which is a strange since shrooms are more forgiving than LSD in terms of tolerance.

100ug is a social dose for me. Its very enjoyable trip but still want to be all "there".

Cannabis very much intensifies the trip, which I love. I dont trip without consuming cannabis at some point=D.

I say dose at 200ug with little tolerance.

250-300ug for the profound experience you're looking for. Id try to find someone you trust to be with you if you decide to go 300ug on no tolerance.

Yea, Im sure I would have had a better time if I was with friends during my 100 and 150ug doses. I just felt so bored and wanted more the entire time(except for when I smoked weed), but Im sure it wouldve been pretty cool if I had some friends around to talk to.

The thing is, my next trip would have to be 1 week from my last 150ug dose, so there is sure to be a little bit tolerance still. Either that or I wait 3 months to trip again, because im going away for a while. Still havent decided yet so im open to suggestions wether you guys think I should hold off or not. But so far im thinking about taking 2x120ug before I go away and see how it goes. If it is underwhelming again, which I doubt, then I could just smoke the weed again an hour and a half into the trip to intensify it, the only thing that worries me is that it would be too much for me.. maybe im thinking too much into this I dont know man

Last edited: