PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD degradation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lackasham

Bluelighter
Ok so I know that LSD is a fragile substance that can degrade easily by many factors, but it seems to me it's tougher than people give it credit for. Is LSD degradation over exaggerated or do you really need to be cautious with it at all times

LSD is stable - at least for decades and more than likely hundreds (if not thousands) of years. I believe there's one guy on the board who stores his LSD in boiling urine, hot cars or leaves it in the oven and he has storage problems but for the rest of us - just keep it cool, preferably behind glass and tinfoil and you'll be fine for decades.

But the other thread was what I was looking for thank you. I would delete this thread if I knew how

LSD is stable - at least for decades and more than likely hundreds (if not thousands) of years. I believe there's one guy on the board who stores his LSD in boiling urine, hot cars or leaves it in the oven and he has storage problems but for the rest of us - just keep it cool, preferably behind glass and tinfoil and you'll be fine for decades.

This is both false and insulting. Reported.

It isn't false at all. You claimed LSD was unstable and claimed you had "proof" by linking to an article you found regarding it's presence in boiled urine. Then you claimed your LSD degraded after you kept it in a hot car and in the oven. Are you denying this?

LSD can be stored and kept potent for many years, if you follow simple guidelines protecting it from heat, moisture, oxygen, and light. I've kept tabs for nearly ten years this way and currently still have some from a show I went to in 2008. It's not nearly as "fragile" as some people claim. I've written about my storage technique on these boards in the past, for anyone curious.

Ismene, yes LSD is stable in very easy to keep conditions (room temp, away from light and oxygen, etc.) as you have illustrated, and yes, of course it'll degrade in a hot car or an oven; however, please don't make your argument into an indirect attack on the Black Pirate. That goes for your posts too Black Pirate, you don't need to tell people you reported them, us mods can see that you reported it and will deal with it accordingly. Making a post about it simply adds more to the thread clutter that you two are spewing all over PD's storage threads. In fact I'd really like it if both of y'all would cut it the heck out, agree to disagree. Stop making personal attacks. Ignore each other if you have to, hell, argue via PM, but please keep it out of the threads from now on... please.

OP, it is not nearly as unstable as many used to believe. In poor conditions, it will degrade, but if you take simple precautions it'll keep fine for decades. There are other threads about this though, one was even posted just a week or two ago, so I'd say your question is answered. When it comes down to it, degradation studies are far and few between, but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that LSD has no noticeable degradation if you take the precautions of keeping it below 80 degrees, and away from light, oxygen and particularly moisture. Desiccants near the container are a common practice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.