View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Degradation

johnnyboy789

Greenlighter
When being stored in plastic bags, I have noticed that paper blotters of LSD will sometimes stick to the bag when you try and remove them. Can this buildup of static electricity cause any degradation or affect the LSD chemical in any way? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'm also a little curious... any thoughts?

Hi and welcome to Bluelight / PD :)

I wouldn't worry about it... prolonged high temperatures, intense light, moisture and exposure to the air / oxygen are what you should always keep an eye on and protect the LSD from (as you might know). Some people (a lot of people) put the blotter in tin foil before putting that in a baggie, it not only protects from light but may also solve your static problems.

In my opinion electric charge passing through the blotters, like 99.9999% of which is paper, should not cause significant degradation... however if you get the blotters wet, then the LSD can actually get ionized (also electrically charged) which makes it much more sensitive to degradation.

I don't really think static is on the same level and is more of a field ionization. Unless you are passing serious electricity through your LSD, it seems insignificant and besides using things like the tin foil, perhaps hard to avoid getting a little of. Try not to rub the baggie too much against clothes in your sock drawer if you are still concerned ;)

I wonder though if the friction between bag and blotter may cause some dislodging of LSD molecules...?