Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD comedown headaches

carlitobrigante

Greenlighter
Hi guys

So i am a fairly experienced drug user. Starting from weed and aerosol use from age of about 14, to a 15 year heroin addiction and everything in between.

I only smoke weed now but have always been fascinated by psychedelics, but always had limited access to them.

I have tried LSD twice, but only once at a decent dose. These were 2 x 'purple ohms' sourced from Birmingham UK back in the late 90's. The trip was intense, good vibes, no nausea, great visuals (swirling dramatic purple skys etc). It was soured somewhat about 5 hours after starting the trip when i began to come down. I soon experienced a nasty 'headache' and had a sensation of severe pressure on the both sides of my head. This lasted a good six - seven hours or so till it finally lessened enough to allow me to sleep.

Trying to find if this is common sympton from a good lsd trip as would love to try it or mushrooms etc again but it was very unpleasant. I know its difficult but are mushrooms a 'cleaner' trip?

I also have 500mg of DMT i am trying to work up the courage to take. Problem is currently not having anyone on the level i feel i could share the expierience with and i think im correct in saying it isnt a drug to take solo?

Any advice welcomed.

I had a constant 5 year addiction to opiates. Was using about 350mg/day oxycodone or hydro or whatever. At the tail end of that 5 years i got introduced to LSD. Since then i have consumed large excessive quantities. Blotter form, gel tabs, and liquid :) Within a 2 year span. I have never experienced any negative side effects of coming down from real LSD. Only positive side effects. Just my objective and true experience

Edit: restlessness and not being able to sleep at the tail end of the trip is only a negative consequence in your experience. For me i make use of that time. Usually watching Adventure Time with my peeps and laughing our faces off while smoking a bunch of weed does the trick

Last edited:
Ibuprofen always seems to help. Sometimes after LSD or 2cb I get the worst headaches, sometimes not. Dunno why

Ginger should help a lot. It's a 5ht1a and 5ht3 agonist which would cancel out headaches and nausea.