• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD+Caffeine???

Well.. When caffeine is taken in conjunction with ergotamine it increases absorption... I can't really be bothered to double check whether that chemical characteristic is also present in LSD, but considering they have some similarities it could be possible...

a small amount of caffeine is manageable, but i agree with others here who said that you may feel jittery.

I took a half of a nodoze (100mg) around the time i dropped 1.5 hits of clean 'cid and then we walked around my friend's neighborhood. I felt like my heart was racing and i got a little bugged out. i have a really high caffeine tolerance and my typical day has between 300-500mg, but for some reason caffeine on acid just makes things weird at the peak.

What's with all the anti-caffeine propaganda? What are you all a bunch of pale barefoot hippie sissies? =D

There is absolutely nothing wrong with coffee or caffeine, most people respond quite well to it (why do you think it got so popular) and almost any stimulant will amplify the effects of a psychedelic nicely, just don't overdo it.

Criminey!

Last edited:
a small amount of caffeine is manageable, but i agree with others here who said that you may feel jittery.

I took a half of a nodoze (100mg) around the time i dropped 1.5 hits of clean 'cid and then we walked around my friend's neighborhood. I felt like my heart was racing and i got a little bugged out. i have a really high caffeine tolerance and my typical day has between 300-500mg, but for some reason caffeine on acid just makes things weird at the peak.

Actually caffeine via No-Doze is in the "sulfate" form which absorbs alot faster and will definitely make you jittery. And 100mg is more than is in a typical strong cup of coffee.

In coffee its alot less jittery. If you like the effects of coffee not tripping, you should like it tripping as well.

Also, the Xanthines in a tea called Yerba Mate include caffeine but also other forms that are more head-clearing and less jittery and less effect on the heart. It is GREAT stuff and has a wondrous smoky flavor & aroma that is pure heaven while tripping. Go with the Guayaki brand, now on most major grocery story chain shelves, either with the other teas or most likely in the "Organic" isle. Taste is superior to others, and proceeds go to support indigenous farming and rainforest protection

I love cocoa on acid. Especially the latter stages. Very comforting and grounding. And very tasty.

Absolutely! The Theobromines with give a nice lift and it's one of the most antioxidant things you can get, VERY good for the body.

I'd say avoid it, could potentially make it more jittery / anxious especially if you are sensitive to caffeine. Acid is stimulating itself so why bother with caffeine? If the answer is for enhancement I think it is a poor choice and it won't work.

But hey some people swear by stressors like caffeine and synephrine and things like that.

Actually caffeine via No-Doze is in the "sulfate" form which absorbs alot faster and will definitely make you jittery. And 100mg is more than is in a typical strong cup of coffee.

In coffee its alot less jittery. If you like the effects of coffee not tripping, you should like it tripping as well.

Also, the Xanthines in a tea called Yerba Mate include caffeine but also other forms that are more head-clearing and less jittery and less effect on the heart. It is GREAT stuff and has a wondrous smoky flavor & aroma that is pure heaven while tripping. Go with the Guayaki brand, now on most major grocery story chain shelves, either with the other teas or most likely in the "Organic" isle. Taste is superior to others, and proceeds go to support indigenous farming and rainforest protection

hmm i actually did not know this! nice! ultimately i prefer redbull, but i find acid stimulating enough on its own to really need something to "wake me up" so to speak

my experience with ingesting caffeine on psychedelic substances usually is very unnoticeable, especially if the substances are "extremely potent"!

I say no, because it's purely peripheral stimulation, which can lead to jitters and general nervousness. If you can find some yerba mate, that might have a similar (but more calming and gastro-friendly) effect.

Either way, if you're tripping hard you're not gonna notice.
Yerba mates are where it's at.

In may of 2014 I took 5 grams of shrooms and drank some beer. Then when I was coming down I drank 2 cups of coffee. The shrooms and alcohol were telling me to sleep, while the coffee was keeping me awake. It was the 1st or 2nd worst trip I've ever had even though I wasn't tripping hard at this point. It was so uncomfortable not being able to sleep. And then I had a year and a half of panic attack/anxiety/HPPD/flashbacks or whatever you wanna call it. It was so bad I couldn't drive. Until I started this medication called naltrexone, I have been cured. But I will always avoid coffee when tripping from now on.