• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD bad trip experience - possibly related to past 25i-NBOMe experience?

astralkiwi

Greenlighter
Hey guys

Over the last year I have had many positive experiences with LSD (around 10 trips) on a ~150 microgram dose. Before my most recent LSD trip (last night), I have never had a negative experience with LSD. 2 weeks ago I delved into (an admittedly stupid) high dose of 2000 micrograms of 25i-NBOMe, which was my first experience with this substance. I had a horrible time on 25i-NBOMe, which gave me a lot of anxiety and led me to believe that their trip sitters (who were actually trying to help me and calm down) were turning against me, even possibly trying to kill me. After that night I had written off 25i-NBOMe to be of any positive use at all and vowed to never dabble in it again. Last nights LSD trip bought back much of the anxiety and dark visual and auditory (these were the worse - I kept hearing loud slamming doors and evil laughter) hallucinations that I had experienced on 25i-NBOMe. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences - I am worried that their horrible 25i-NBOMe trip has possibly ruined the LSD experience for me forever - which is a real shame as I have learnt a lot and had many beautiful experiences from this substance in the past year.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, cheers. :)

We don't allow SWIM here as it doesn't protect you at all, your post has been edited.

LSD and 25x-NBOMe both effect the same serotonin receptor in your brain so the effects will definitely be related to each other. One bad trip doesn't neccesarily mean you're doomed to be that way forever. You just have to pay extra attention to dosage, set and setting.

If you trip in the same place that you've had a bad trip before, you can expect your body to remember.

Last edited:
Who is this SWIM character that you speak of?

To answer YOUR question; I don't think YOUR LSD experiences will be ruined forever. However, YOU may need to start-over with LSD. YOU may need to reacquaint YOURSELF to LSD.
I'm not completely familiar with LSD doses, but 150mcg sounds like a fairly high dose. YOU could try starting at a threshold or even sub-threshold dose and work YOUR way back up to YOUR comfortable dose. And remember, setting and mindset play a huge role in a trip, so find a comfortable setting and comfortable mindset while YOU titrate YOUR way back up.
I may be wrong about this, someone please correct me if this is bad advice, but it may be a good idea to always have an anti-psychotic or maybe some type sleeping medication on hand just in case the trip takes a bad turn. As always, be sure to do YOUR HW beforehand and check for possible interactions between the drugs.

You are not doomed but an intense experience can imprint you strongly, and similar psychedelic effects will remind you of that earlier negative experience and they can retrigger that imprint. Experiences and memorys tend to be stored with an emotional charge and threats especially.
You will have to make sure you trip with an especially good positive set and setting that will override this and 'reimprint' you, make sure you arrange something that has an influence on you that makes you happy and bestows trust, which will allow you to let go of things. Just listening to a nice song or something under otherwise normal circumstances probably won't cut it, it should be an experience that is coherently good, where multiple aspects (the person you are with, the place and time, etc) feel 'right' and suited for confronting what is bothering you. If you feel like that, you can allow the anxious feelings you have been experiencing to resurface again and face them with confidence. Then you can reverse the 'imprint' by basically proven all of that wrong.
Until you get a grip on all that you should take relatively low doses of any psychedelic so that you dont feel the experience is out of hand.

Test your 'acid' from now on if you can't 'blindly' trust your source.

Last edited: