• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD bad trip experience/ common experience?

deano713

Greenlighter
Ok, so what i'm mainly trying to get out of this is to see if people have had a similar experience. I won't go terribly in depth, but just to see if anyone has experienced something like the trip I had. SO, I took some LSD with some friends on my birthday about 2 years ago. I had taken it before and been absolutely fine. This time was a kicker though. Usually it takes about an hour or so for it to kick in. This particular stuff took about less than 30 minutes. I went into a crazy trip, lost touch with most reality. I didn't know what was real and what wasn't. I was being driven back to where I was living at the time, but remember it very differently from my friends. Basically, the way i interpreted my trip was there is a "higher power" or rather, a few different ones, good and bad. Having said that I do believe in god, but what I saw was something far from being good.. So this higher power was talking to me through my friends, they both turned their attention towards me and started saying a language i couldn't really understand in complete perfect sync. I basically had a black out because i have no recollection of what happened for about half the night. All I know is when the car stopped i was so terrified that I bolted because like I said I didn't have a grip on what was real and what wasn't. When I finally came to my friends thought i went completely bonkers, which of course is basically what happened. At one point I got irate for no reason and thought I was a character from a cartoon and fought my friend. It took 3 people to hold me down until I came to. So again what i'm trying to get out of this is to see if anybody has a common experience? If you've never done it, I really don't want any rude comments because I guarantee you that you can't even fathom how bad drugs are and how they aren't emphasized enough to the general public. My last point is that I want to raise awareness to people thinking about doing it because of how in my opinion I think its the most dangerous kind of drug there is.

Doesn't sound like LSD.. Did it come on blotter, or was it liquid? Did it have a bitter chemical taste, or was it tasteless?

Let me guess, when/if you get into automobile accidents you blame the car, right? Toyotas are the most terrible car there is, and I want to spread awareness of their danger since 2 years ago I was involved in a car accident in a Toyota. Give me a break.

You were uneducated about the molecule and chose to take it in a very bad setting, with probably not so good of a set either. I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's not out of the norm when it comes to these molecules. It sounds very intense and sometimes it happens to the best of us even with proper set and setting.

it was extremely bitter so i'm assuming it was some type of synthetic acid and it was also on blotter paper.

I knew what I was getting myself into, not so much knowing who I was getting it from. yeah its true, it could have been a variety of different things that set it off, but none the less, i just wanted to know some other outside opinions.

If it's bitter it's not LSD. You definitely had some sort of RC, probably at a really high dose it sounded..

In your OP you said you've taken LSD before and been fine? Obviously you had something else, especially if it had a taste to it. If LSD is the only psychedelic you want to do that would come on blotter, I recommend the age old phrase "if it's bitter it's a spitter" meaning don't take that shit. And next time you take any substance I also recommend you do a little research beforehand.

Yea most definitely. I dunno. Pretty much after that trip it ruined hallucinogens for me because it was the scariest few hours of my life. i always read up on any drug i take just for possible side effects and negative effects etc, but sometimes even knowing about what you're taking, shit can always turn for the worse.

I've never seen LSD turn out bad IME, but I've seen Nbome-phens make people go absolutely bonkers. Sounds like you got a random RC man, please don't blame LSD; at least call it acid. I've had so many people call Nbomes 'acid' in the past year, that I've given up the fight, and will only bitch someone out if they refer to it as LSD.

I understand if that scared you off of psychs for good, but you must realize, you didn't ingest LSD. Nbomes scared my friend off of psychs for good last year, and I can understand why.

As others have said, the "if it's bitter, it's a spitter" mantra is the way to go with blotters. Real LSD is out there, and it's beautiful and life changing, but you truly have to be careful these days. Hate the sketchy dealers selling you dangerous chemicals, not the drug that changed the world for the better!

Edit: I realize some people feel LSD can be bitter for a number of reasons; however, IME even blotters with odd tastes that aren't Nbomes still aren't LSD (have had DOx chems in place of LSD on blotter). Maybe some have had bitter LSD, I've never seen it.

Last edited:
Bitter taste doesn't guarantee that a blotter contains a different drug than LSD, sadly. It could also be caused by byproducts from synthesis, if done sloppy, or by the dye from the blotter art. The short come up time actually might indicate a high dose of LSD. And it rules out a lot of RCs that fit on blotter.

Too much LSD in the wrong set & setting can trigger severe reactions like the OP's, as can most powerful psychedelics. This is due to improper use and blaming the drug isn't very helpful. With the right dose, set and setting the chance of these kinds of bad experiences can be minimized.

@ OP: IMO more than enough effort has been put into warning the general public about the dangers of drugs but not in the right way. Usually it's just scare tactics without much useful information. Instead we should try to educate people, because they are going to do drugs anyway.

Last edited:
^For the record, 25i had visuals and cold sweats for me in under 30 minutes; yes, I've had strong LSD do that, but the feelings are much different. Even low doses of 25i guaranteed a harsh come-up within the first hour for me and my friends.

^For the record, 25i had visuals and cold sweats for me in under 30 minutes; yes, I've had strong LSD do that, but the feelings are much different. Even low doses of 25i guaranteed a harsh come-up within the first hour for me and my friends.

Yeah 25i always hits me quickly too. I'm not saying a batch of LSD can't be contaminated and have a taste to it but even then I probably would spit it just because I didn't know what it was (if it was sold as LSD that is)