Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD at the Santa Monica Pier

Frydea

Bluelighter
Earlier this summer me and a buddy obtained a hit of acid each on sour patch kids. We decided to take the bus to the Santa Monica pier and trip there. They say to watch out taking acid in public, and this is pretty much as public a place as you can get, so we were anxious and excited.

We got to the pier about an hour after consumption, and immediately went to this semi lowkey spot so I could smoke a bowl. As I'm blazing a homeless guy comes up and says "can I PLEASE have some of that weed????". I packed him a bowl and was going to tell him I was on acid, but decided against it as I had a vision of him hearing that and purposely trying to trip me out, which he naturally was already doing.

After this we went into the city. At one point we walked by some Kardashian esque girls getting filmed, which naturally brought on all kinds of thought about consumerism and all that. Fuck, we were in Santa Monica, can't get much more consumerism than that. We went to the top story at the mall and tripped out on the view, we were there for like ten minutes in complete silence aside from occasionally looking at each other and being like daaaaam.

At this point we were peaking. I remember seeing some drunk French guy harassing some girls after France won their World Cup game that day. I suddenly looked at my friend with an exasperated look, and was just like fuuuckin euro trash dude. I felt as if I was on a safari with different creatures, and had indentified this one as euro trash.

We then went on the beach, and were kinda just in our own world (the beach was beyond crowded). Suddenly this big Latino guy came up to us and was just like wassup fool? What are you guys doin? Take your shirts off!!! He started talking to us and as he was I was just whispering to my friend "too much external stimuli". He then started doing push ups and telling us to do some. So I was just like fuck it and took off my shirt and started doing push ups. He said "it's pretty hard huh!" And quietly to my friend I was just like "ya especially on acid". Once again I debated telling this guy I was on acid as I felt it was important to our communication. I decided against it again however, as I felt like he would just think I'm weird, and I've lived in Los Angeles long enough to be able to communicate with guys like him, even on acid. We all hung out and talked for a bit which was chill, then me and my buddy headed back to catch the bus home.

I didn't have a great comedown, and got some stomach pains as I often do after acid. However, once I got some sleep I was fine the next day. Overall the pier was a great setting since we could take the bus there and were able to observe many different walks of life. However, I would never do a heroic dose in a setting like that.

This story is great you really reflect how the mundane and normal-weirdness of our everyday life is made so much more profound by the use of psychedlics and tapping into that ?awareness?. I love this : "we were there for like ten minutes in complete silence aside from occasionally looking at each other and being like daaaaam."

Being in public with others who are tripping is the biggest private joke ever and probably one of the funniest.

Haha private joke is a great way to describe it. Me and my friend concluded that it felt like we were on a tour. We would see something, like a sick viewpoint or something of that nature. And I would just be like "let's trip out on that" and we would for 5 minutes or so then keep walking and find something else. Some people definitely looked at us weirdly but we didn't get paranoid because we just sorta blended in to the madness lol if that makes sense.

I've tripped there in the past and I get where you're coming from.

thumbs up =]