View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Prozac/Lamictal

microncat

Greenlighter
hello, Bluelight. i'm new here and this is my first post.

i'm planning on doing two tabs acid this Saturday. i don't know how many micrograms are in them. i'm on 60mg of Prozac and 200mg of Lamictal. i've done some research and i've found that SSRI's, like the ones i'm on, deplete the effects of psychedelics, if not get rid of them completely, although this varies person to person. i don't want to waste my LSD tabs, so my question is, if i go off of all my meds for the next week (from today up until next weekend), will i be able to trip?

if this information is needed, i'm female, 16, 5'4", and i weigh 127 lbs. thanks for reading! =D

hello, Bluelight. i'm new here and this is my first post.

i'm planning on doing two tabs acid this Saturday. i don't know how many micrograms are in them. i'm on 60mg of Prozac and 200mg of Lamictal. i've done some research and i've found that SSRI's, like the ones i'm on, deplete the effects of psychedelics, if not get rid of them completely, although this varies person to person. i don't want to waste my LSD tabs, so my question is, if i go off of all my meds for the next week (from today up until next weekend), will i be able to trip?

if this information is needed, i'm female, 16, 5'4", and i weigh 127 lbs. thanks for reading! =D

Depending on how long have you been taking those meds. The longer the break, the better, but keep in mind that when you stop SSRI's and antidepressants, you'd feel pretty shitty in general for the first couple of weeks so it could affect your trip negatively.

Good luck and be safe! ;)

SSRI's can *somewhat* diminish the effects of psychedelics, but nowhere near as much as antipsychotics or benzos do. Usually people can trip on them just fine, they might just need more LSD.

Not entirely sure how a mood stabilizer like Lamictal interacts with LSD... Lithium is one of the few substances that are actually unsafe to take with LSD, so I'd have to read up more on Lamotrigine's pharmacology whether that one also has the potential for a dangerous interaction.

Speaking from experience I found prozac to not diminish the effects of LSD too much although visuals were decreased. Having a brief look at Lamictal, it seems as though it could also reduce the experience somewhat due to its effects on GABA but also have a potentially negative/ dangerous interaction due to its interaction with Na+ channels and glutamate.

Hypocritical I know but I would suggest waiting until you are off both medications as you are obviously on them for a reason, coming off them could cause a relapse of symptoms. However, I understand that you may do it anyway so would sugges coming off the Lamictal before hand and waiting for a week+ if you do decide to go ahead.

I think that abruptly stopping the prozac will cause significant withdrawals, so you shouldn't do that.