View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and out of body experiences

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Has anyone here ever had an out of body experience while on LSD?

I had one the time I took a very high dose of LSD. It was not like your classical one where you are floating above your body and attached with some sort of cord somehow; but more that I was seeing myself from above, and from an outside perspective of my body.

How many ug/mics would do this to someone?

From a couple of my trip reports here....

LSD + Salvia:

This time, the difference between the first and second hit of salvia for me again kicked in. I again did not leave this frame, but instead was put in a much more dissociative-feeling state. I was given a second point of view outside of the first-person one that sees through my eyes, and this third-person camera angle was actually pointing in at my body while quickly rotating around the circumference of a vast space that I perceived my own awareness to be inhabting, and everything in my perception around it was spinning very intensely as well. I immediately and without question knew that this must be what it feels like when you are on the verge of death and your reality is just coming unglued around you. In my previous dose I had had to let go of the fear of not knowing whether or not I was still alive, but this was different; the message that I got from this trip was that if I pushed this any further I would actually have to experience my own death *knowing* I'm dying, an experience which sounded much more intense. This dose was just allowing me to ride along the edge of it so that I could see what I was getting myself into. Before too long, I snapped back into my regular body again and was just tripping very, very hard on the LSD, with a much more satisfied feeling with my experience than I had had before the salvia. I felt extremely euphoric in both mind and body.

LSD + 4-HO-DET:

There was one point during the night while the LSD was still peaking and the 4-HO-DET was still going pretty strongly, and I decided to smoke some cannabis and then just lie in bed in the dark and meditate. Almost immediately after getting myself into a completely and utterly relaxed position, I slipped effortlessly into an out-of-body experience. It was of a kind I've experienced before a few times where I feel as though I'm experiencing it both from a first-person perspective and from a third-person perspective which is pointed directly at my body, and I perceive a spherical space with my body at the center that ends directly at an equal distance from my body to my third-person perspective. I have only ever experienced it while on LSD, but not from just meditating before. It was always triggered by a very heavy dose or smoking salvia, and each time it felt very out of my control, just intense and overwhelming. But, this time.... This time, I perceived my body to be floating in a huge void, essentially as if the space surrounding my body that I mentioned is the only relevant thing in the environment. I was actually wearing a very colorful and abstract witch outfit, complete with the hat and a short dress that had some robe-like qualities to it. It actually didn't look cheesy or anything either, it was all highly psychedelic and far more intricate than any regular earthly clothes, it had a truly magical feel to it. My hands were outstretched to the sky, and since I could still myself in first-person even if I could see myself from third-person, I used this casting stance to simply release all of the emotion I possibly can into it, just like how I do strong dream control or throw my visuals around like normal, but with the complete freedom of being out-of-body in a void. Correspondingly, enormous crystalline tower structures comprised of rainbow fractals and geometric imagery including concepts relating to human sexuality shot out of the abyss below me and built themselves high into the sky out of my passion. They all had a slight twist to them as well and so they all formed unique patterns as they worked their ways up. I simply did this until the release was complete and that world faded into nothingness, and I was back in bed....

I have experienced this multiple times on LSD, and never without LSD. For me LSD often feels very dissociative in addition to being psychedelic, especially in high doses. Unfortunately, there is no microgram amount that will certifiably take you to that point, or any point for that matter. LSD, and all psychedelics, are unpredictable, even when they're controllable.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help, but the main piece of advice I would have to impart is to get out of the mindset that you can pick and choose what psychedelic effects, with any drug. You could take 300 ug of LSD and have this happen, then not have it happen at 2,300 ug. If you just trip expecting to just go with the flow and have a great time no matter what happens, you'll get what you need when the time is right.

Funny enough, it'll probably happen more often. I often find that psychedelics don't give me quite what I want until I finally stop trying so hard to get it. Interesting how that works....

Had an out of body experience while on mdma and nitrous. As I took the ballon, as normal the ringing then started to drift away and then come back pretty quickly. When coming back I believed this trip was a trip that happened about 6 months before and I was seeing into the future. The combination of people around me made me think that was true. However a friend had recently got a girlfriend who was sitting on his lap, also two new friends where there. Both the girlfriend and the two friends made me realise I was in fact having an awesome/insane trip. Which I need to do again. Never had an out of body experience on cid yet. Might this weekend as I am candyflipping but I don't think so.

This is an old thread of mine. I'm replying to it instead of making a new one. For the people reading this who have had an out of body experience on drugs which drugs were you on?

Have you ever had them sober, or during a lucid dream?

I've had multiple OBE's during my early days with cannabis. My friend's first time he reported being outside of his body looking down at himself walking home. I've also hallucinated pretty heavy from only cannabis, again, in my early days. Saw kaleidoscope of looney toons characters covering my whole vision.