View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Glasses

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
I personally don't have any problems with my eyesight, but that recently got me wondering, what if I did?

For those of you that need glasses or are blind, what are the visuals of LSD like? For those with glasses I'm referring to what it's like without having your glasses on.

At lower doses, patterns and things are less intricate with my glasses off because they have less detail to branch off of, they don't become as 3D. As the dose increases, the differences become less important. Complex hallucinations look equally clear whether my glasses are on or off, and the real world is blurry and distorted either way too. I actually find it quite refreshing because I can take my glasses off, which feels more natural, and still see crisp and beautiful visuals. :)

I've always found it makes tracers more apparent (i.e. with my glasses off, I can see a trail of arms following behind my arm when I wave it in front of my face.) It's always fun on trips to take them on and off at my leisure, I find I usually only wear them for about half of an acid trip. It's also good fun to let other people try on my glasses, or trade glasses with others who have different vision needs.

For the most part, the visuals look less complex, yet more organic with glasses off; with them on, I feel like things look super HD and the visuals take on a more complex and sharp nature, but seem less... real, so to speak. All things considered, being a poor seeing bastard can have its perks when tripping on LSD.

... Except, I plan on tripping in a few days, and I found a scratch on my lenses recently, right smack in the middle, and it annoys the shit out of me sober... so I'm really hoping that in my altered state I won't notice just how annoying that damn scratch really is hahah.

I usually wear glasses at home too, so yeah they make a difference. :)

I personally don't have any problems with my eyesight, but that recently got me wondering, what if I did?

For those of you that need glasses or are blind, what are the visuals of LSD like? For those with glasses I'm referring to what it's like without having your glasses on.

I don't wear prescription glasses, but use reading glasses when I'm watching TV, on the computer or playing video games, or at work - so basically all the time. I've even fallen asleep with them on. I never really thought of it to be honest. Once I had started tripping and had a brief moment of panic because I thought something was crawling up my face - tried to brush it away. Was the glasses.

Honestly I've never started a trip without my glasses on. I *try* to remember to take them off if I lie down.

Tom

I had fairly bad sight when I started using, and could still reconigze visuals. Colors patterned shifting, psyches are what helps you create these... Usually...

I have a curious effect when tripping with glasses on. I can usually see their outline in my field of vision, and this outline becomes a sort of TV screen, onto which things are being projected. Sometimes this screen recedes until it becomes very small, so that I have a feeling that my body has stretched a lot. In general glasses give me super-HD laser vision, everything is insanely crisp and clear.

Visuals can be apparent without glasses, but are significantly dulled in my experience. I tend to think this is because visuals arise most reliably from finely-detailed surfaces, and those details are lost when vision is impaired.