Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD again after a tough trip?

lifeisbeautifulasf

Greenlighter
First time was beautiful.

Second time sparked an existential crisis through a shattering of my previously-held illusion of my self. It was anxiety-ridden, at the wrong set/setting, and it showed true colors. It was not pleasant, but I've learned a lot.

That was this past summer, and I've been looking back and reading more and thinking whether or not I should trip again.

I want a positive experience, nothing like the hell that i went through last time, even though it was a blessing in disguise.

What do you guys think?

The best way to get over a bad tip is to take a VERY small dose of LSD (1/4 tab or less) several times in order to re-acclimate yourself to the psychedelic space, and advance no more than 1/4 tab in subsequent sessions. People disagree with me and I'm fine with that, but never smoke weed when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip and it's happened to me repeatedly.

I recently tripped on three tabs of what we were told was 100ug acid, something I have done many times previously and it has always treated me well, but this time was different for a god chunk of it. The initial come up was amazing and the first two hours were pure bliss but then the following three hours were awful and the first time I've ever taken acid and not enjoyed it. I kept forgetting I had dropped LSD and thought I had been that way for years and years, I'd convinced myself I was in a coma and that the voices I could hear were people coming to visit me in hospital. My vision kept switching between vibrant colours and being black and white, I couldn't make out any faces and I could only see outlines of people and it hurt to look at things. All of a sudden after three hours I snapped out of it and was 'back in the room' and it was magical for the next 6 hours.

Ultimately I am glad I had this happen and it has helped me work through a lot of issues I had at the time, issues I knew I needed to address but never did. I am now a different man and it feels like I have had a life changing realisation. I feel fresher of body and mind and I know exactly what I need to do, I am full of energy I never had before. The trip happened only two days ago. Thank God for LSD.

I intend to get back into the saddle right away and trip again a week today, only on one tab mind.

I've tripped more times than i can remember, various psychedelics, all the classics. I've micro-dosed and taken very large doses, mixed psychs etc.

The majority of my experiences were positive, however I know what it feels like to be in the aforementioned states and it is a hellish nightmare, wrought with fear and confusion.
With that said, I learned a lot from those experiences; especially the ones where factors that were in my control came into play ie set and setting, dosage etc

Now that I've found my routine, what I enjoy, I can at least create the setting for that experience. There's always a fairly large amount of uncertainty when dosing these types of drugs in terms of subjective effects and this is what frightens me.
It's not like shooting dope - you know exactly what is gonna happen and how you're going to feel.
You open your consciousness and have to let go, I've found the harder I resist it, the more difficult it is to experience what is being presented.

just some thoughts from my experiences. psychedelics deserve respect and, as you've experienced, will put you in your place real quick. With that said, a difficult experience would not and has not deterred me from continued exploration. Though I only partake once or twice a year anymore.

I think Mr Peabody has a good point. You can try lighter doses to get comfortable with the headspace again.

Other than that, no one can answer but you.
I struggle with wanting to go through with the whole thing. I'm always like "fuck idk...12 hours is a long time" and that's usually what stops me lol

just remember to be safe and respect the psychs! :)