Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD After Effects - Caffeine & Alcohol

epilectric

Greenlighter
hey there!
i haven't taken LSD in over 7 years. recently i did about 100 mcg of some - a friend is in possession of a vial of quality acid. the trip was very nice with several beneficial realizations. since then my overall mood has changed a little. i feel a bit more calm and mentally stable, one thing bothers me though - black & green tea, coffee and alcohol don't work like they used to. i still feel the effects but they seem to come on more slowly and i feel less sensitive to them. before, both alcohol (mainly beer here) and tea significantly and obviously changed my mood for the better. the initial rush was very precise, like i was feeling the effects with every neuron in my brain. now the effects feel damped with less buzz. in general, i have the feeling that this trip made me a little less sensitive to all kinds of things going on in my body. this also has positive effects - i sleep a bit better and am less prone to sudden mood shifts. but on the other hand, some feelings seem to be reduced not only in intensity but also in quality if that makes sense. by the way, while still on the trip, i drank a couple of beers, spread over 10 hours. i felt NONE of them. and this hasn't really changed since then... it's weird. has anybody of you had similar experiences?

LSD greatly reduces your ability to feel alcohol (so does DOC and probably others as well). On LSD or DOC, I can drink far more than I usually can and I never get really drunk. I don't know about afterwards, that's different, but while on them I wouldn't feel 2 beers even if I drank them one right after the other.

Do you mean only in the comedown period? On LSD and in the comedown, I always smoke lots of reefer and drink beer at the end, usually to little effect other than a slight mellowing out really; however, after my first LSD experiences, the months/years following I have been able to feel any small alterations to my mind. For a while, I could get buzzed off of one beer, or get buzzed from one toke of cannabis. Now my tolerances for those have raised, but the same principle generally applies to most drugs I don't abuse. I use coffee frequently, and it still gives me a pleasant boost that is very noticeable.