View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD affecting me differently

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Firstly, I ask a lot of questions and I'm sorry! I'm just very curious about my experiences!!!

LSD used to be a party drug for me. I've blown through sheets and I generally would take it whenever I wanted to have a fantastic time (work, parties, hanging out). The effects have changed radically lately however. These mental technicolor vacations have turned into introspective and spiritual journeys into my psyche. I've taken LSD up to 700ug and the trips at the lower doses are getting to be just as intense as the higher ones.

I took 250ug two weeks ago and 150ug Saturday night and I had this really complex feeling. It felt like my emotions were presented to me like config files on a computer, and my visuals were extremely recursive and they overrode my perception. Both these effects were very intense and unlike anything I've ever seen on a psychedelic trip. I know for a fact it was LSD and I'm 100% sure of my dosages, but the trips are completely changing for me. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

what aspect of computer config files presents emotions?
how is that different or the same as visuals being recursive?
I get the sense this insight was actually one thing or one good glimpse at your consciousness apparatus in action.

anyway, sounds like you are outgrowing your wild youth and beginning to assess your position and path.

Oh yes, I definitely experience a continual deepening of my trips, and not just on LSD. Though, LSD does seem to be particularly potent in this way, as you said low doses for me can now be as strong or much stronger even than doses several times higher used to be, and I have known many others who have reported going through this same kind of change as well. For the other psychedelics the difference is definitely not that huge for me, but it's certainly present.

Specifically, indole psychedelics in general seem to have this quality for me where whenever I feel that I "go deep" into certain aspects of my consciousness through some of their more unique and intertwined psychological and visionary effects, it becomes easier to reach that point again and feels as though it builds upon itself and pushes even deeper the next time I go back. At first it merely made these states more accessible to me through things like meditative practices, but it eventually got the point where intense altered states seem practically unavoidable, not that that's a bad thing! These kinds of states are the reason that I started using these substances to begin with, and I love the fact that I am able to go deeper with them with each new experience. Interestingly, though I don't have nearly as much experience with them, phenethylamine psychedelics have not really done this for me yet. I suppose since indoles are often thought of as more introspective and spiritual though, this could just be an effect that is mostly unique to whatever their curious downstream effects on our neurochemistry are.

With LSD specifically, I also used to think of it as a very easygoing psychedelic, even though I always respected it as a very significant altered state of consciousness. I would take very high doses and remain almost entirely lucid for the entire duration, and my visuals were always beautiful but nothing too crazy. These days I barely ever even take LSD anymore because I am honestly afraid of how hard it's going to hit me.... It's gotten to the point where basically every trip on it either is fantastic but is extremely psychologically involved and drags my mind and sense of self through all kinds of wild, nearly ineffable states that has me straight exhausted and having to piece myself back together by the end of it all, or it hits me too hard and feels almost like a deliriant with lots of confusion, black outs, and psychotic-type hallucinations before finally winding down enough for me to try to figure out just what has been happening for the last however many hours. LSD is serious stuff, man.... It's definitely no less powerful than any other strong indole psychedelic for me, in some ways stronger than most or all.

For the record though too, most of these intense effects take place primarily during the peak.... It has still always been smooth sailing for me starting around four hours in, maybe a little longer on the really heavy trips, and that part gets better with experience too. :) I always find that the psychedelic effects that are influenced by my imagination become even greater with experience just because my past experiences can be incorporated into their designs as well, and LSD is very heavy in that way, there's a lot of personal involvement for me. It really is a magical molecule....

Also, don't worry about asking questions! Asking questions is a good thing. The better you understand your psychedelic experiences the more you can make use of them, and even just bouncing ideas off of others can really get the juices flowing. Particularly when it comes to understanding the depths, boundaries, and workings of your own mind as well, there's really nothing better you can do.... It's not something you should ever feel the need to apologize for. :)

My trips completely changed once I started getting deeper, as your posts suggest you have. Just as you can never close the doors of perception once they've been opened for the first time tripping, once you hit the point of deep spiritual experiences, it's hard to go back.

For instance, I had an hour+ long visionary experience on only 14mg of 2C-B a few weeks ago. And not only did I barely even trip before this catalyzing, it was 5.5 hours after dosing when it happened, when I was more than off the not high at all peak.

Less and less is required as we progress apparently.